STOP AGE DISCRIMINATION (this goes out to that poor lady who blocked me on her "should underaged people be allowed to answer questions?" question)?

Well lady who asked the question, you just further provef my point, person who asked the question:) You blocked me because you could not handle the fact that I have completely proved you wrong, you had nothing to say. However you simply could not have me influencing others to take the side that opposes yours. Well I use my logic to influence not my age, it is not age that makes people superior, its intellect. STOP DISCRIMINATION, discrimination of age groups is unacceptable just like all discrimination!

*prove
Oh Ford, why did I not proofread this.

Most Helpful Guy

• looking at it biologically age and intellect is conected. The brain isn't by far done developing until way into the 20s.
    And i'm sorry to say, but you're at the age where you act like you think you got your shit together. Trust me, you don't! It's going to get a lot worse, and life will turn everything you know upside down.

Age matters, that you have to accept. You simply are not old enough to know how the hell alcohol works (i sure as hell hope), or how sex is. And hence your opinions weight less than opinions from those who've tried it.
    Then on the other hand there are questions you are better suited to answer; questions directed at kids.
    In short, some topics are better answered by adults, and some by kids. GaG is by nature turning towards adult topic.

• Surely there is things like sex and drugs that we do not understand from experience ( although we could understand things from a biological stand point, i. e. sex ed, health class). I know I don't have my life together, I know I do not have everything figured out. However that does not mean I am any less intelligent than people who are older than me, I am more intelligent than some, and less intelligent than others. But I do agree that some topics are not really for my generation, but frankly, my generation is utterly idiotic and materialistic for the most part.. Well thanks for voicing your opinion, it is important to understand other people's perspectives to fully understand a topic.

• Mission successful indeed.

What Guys Said 15

• i always have to say that ALL ages should be welcomed in GAG... from 13 (which is the minimum age for this site) up to...113

• I'm going to be straight with you: this seems like an awful lot like a hissy fit. You're attacking your opponent instead of the issue at hand, using no better reasoning than "I'm right and you're wrong".

You briefly mention the 'age discrimination' factor once, like this entire post was made just to attack her, and that's something immature that adults get chewed out for. It's only fair that you get ragged on for it, too.
    If you were trying to make her look like an idiot by making her sound less mature than you then... you failed. And I didn't even look at the previous post you're talking about, and she already sounds more thoughtful and mature.

• Hmmm, good input, if she attacks me why am I attacking back. Thank you for reminding me to mind my manners. I appreciate people who speak respectfully like you:)

• You may have changed my judgement of you yet. It's rare to find someone young and on the internet who's so willing to accept their faults.

I think you also may have swayed my opinion on this 'age discrimination' issue. Very well done.

• I agree with you. She was an incredibly rude, and ignorant person. I think she was just desperate to believe that she has greater value as a person than someone else, in order to feel like a person of value. When you have to pick on young kids in order to feel like an adult, you have made a major wrong turn in your life.

• Thank you, you just said what I so desperately wanted to tell her but could not:)

• There's good and bad advice from all ages.

I do see more black and white thinking that hasn't hit real life challenges among young users. That's s little less common with older ones but they (we) have our own issues.

• Exactly, thank you for understanding my point of view!

• So much ageism on GaG!

• I believe no one should age discriminate i don't do that stuff with people
    there is good and bad in both all ages.. Yes i meant lot of younger people
    on here who i have helped and they have all treated me nice and treat
    them nice i am not here to point fingers to anyone.

• When I talk to others, I don't look at their ages. Some people get over excited when age is brought into the equation. They think bad thoughts, and it makes me wonder if maybe they're really the ones whom will do bad things and so they try to force others into acting like them.

As for the one whom blocked you, fuck her. She's nothing more than bytes of data on this site, in your life.

• Its nice to meet someone who doesn't just look at someones age and assumes they are inferior just because they are young:)

• ^^that question you're referring got really out of hand very quickly.

I'm almost sorry that I gave my opinion. I appreciate that we have such a wide verity of people on this site.

She certainly did not act her age In that instance.

• Exactly, yes many people from my generation are immature, some are not. Some older people are also immature, some are not. She was being to general, as if there are zero exceptions to her opinion. Thank you for understanding:)!

• Just ignore it. People who post things like that and this only add fuel to the fire.

• There is a huge difference between a kid in middleschool/hs/whatever and someone with a job and some experience in life. 14 year olds will write notes and have friends ask people out for them, if a 20 something year old + does that, they have some serious issues.

• I know people back in my home country (Mexico) who have jobs, who have real responsibility they have experienced some true horrors. Maybe in the United States where people are privileged, do they do things like ask people out through others, but where I am from, you better grow up fast or pay the consequences.

• Still, that 1% should not be treated like second class citizens on something they cannot change such as age, race, sexual orientation. Well anyway, I see what you are trying to say, thank you for sharing your opinion with me, it is always good to get different perspectives on something so broad like discrimination.

• Until that 1% proves it to the relevant party, there is no reason for anyone to treat them otherwise in my opinion. It all depends, I wouldn't say treated, so much as mentality.
      That thought is going to be there, most people won't just say "hey you're 14, gtfo".

• possible if i can get a link to the question?

• discrimination isn't all bad dude.

its using discretion... it can be wise...

personally, there isn't much a 14 yr old can do for me. their predictable and not knowledgable/experienced.

• I politely disagree, but hey that's how you feel. Thanks for the respectful tone, that is most appreciated:)

• =) you're welcome. i m sure these issues will solve itself out in time

• Lets hope so:)

• Hey, I get attacked for NOT being discriminatory towards younger girls.

• Let's all get our ages changed temporarily. See what happens then

• The problem is lack of experience, your answers on some matters will merely be speculation.

*although most opinions are speculative bullshit dressed up as experience.

• Yes on some matters, we simply cannot be experts due to lack of experience, however not all:)

What Girls Said 6

• To be honest I look down on people my age and I guess I can see how adults probably do that too since they have more experience and whatnot.

Still, we should have the right to answer any question no matter the age.
    38.media.tumblr.com/.../...qs40rI1s7rxklo1_500.gif

• Yes, people from our generation are very immature and daft, but I still think it is wrong to be so general about something like that. And yes, we should have the right to answer a question, regardless of age:)

• Exactly! Thank you, mah girl. My fellow mature minor. Adults like that show the exact behavior they accuse us of, yet here we are being mature and calm and trying not to laugh at the irony of the situation.

• Yea I hate it when adults tell me that I will think differently when I'm older when it comes to my personal opinons, religion and political thoughts. How would I think differently as an adult when there are plently of adults who have the same views as me? These aren't even your sterotypical "I hate my parents, because I don't get my way and don't understand that they want the best for me" type of questions.

• Exactly, I remember my parents laughed in my face when I told them I was changing to a religion I really believe in. They told me I was just being stupid.

• Let's try to keep the peace!

• Honestly if I had a teenager, I wouldn't let them near this site or most sites on the internet to be honest, especially if she was a girl.

• We have the right to block anyone we want.

• says the person too afraid to post as herself on a very neutral post...

• I always post anonymous. I also have the right to go anonymous. @godfatherfan

• Yes, you can block anyone, however you have no right to insult people just because you feel superior to them ( and may I add that this is a false sense of superiority).