Gag, can we get a "glorifies self harm" flag?

This way we can take the childish self harm bragging questions and remove them. Other apps and sites block or remove self harm glorifying.

Most Helpful Guy

• Great idea. These people aren't usually really asking for advice or help, as you say. They are bragging about it, they think it makes them cool.

What Guys Said 4

• In fact we do have a removal reason for this purpose. It was for admin use only since recenty but now it's available for all of our community. It's called "Suicidal Tendencies".

Please use this new report reason when reporting posts that glorify self harm and suicide.

When a post is removed with this reason a help message is sent to the user. Within this help message information on how to get help in these cases is included along with emergency phone numbers.

Thank you for bringing this up.

• I agree. ]))))))))

• I agree, this site is no place to promote self harm and suicide.

The GaG admins have put measures against sexual topics with minors, the word p*rn , and the word tor**** ("tor-rent " without the hyphen)... on this site.

It only makes sense to dis-allow any promotion of any self harm or suicide.

@GirlsAskGuys

• If i perceive it glorifies self harm, i'd remove it.

If someone who formerly self harmed asked about reactions, i give reactions.

If they ask how to, i might say something and if they're still rollling down that path i'd delete it.

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah, I think that's a great idea. And self harm should in this case work as an umbrella term for any kind of self-destructive behavior. I've seen a lot of girls post questions where they make it really obvious that they have some kind of eating disorder. If I remember correctly, I've seen girls be all like "I won't stop until I can count all my beautiful ribs" or some BS like that, which is really harmful.
    I also think suicide posts should be removed, too. But instead of giving the question asker this generic message about how their post was removed for x reason, they should get an automatic message that lists a lot of suicide prevention hotlines all over the world. Suicide is not something people should take lightly or make "funny" posts about (I've seen quite a few that seemed to be cries for attention more than anything else). If they removed more posts like that, people might actually start taking it a bit more seriously.

• oh god, is that a thing on here now? i saw one question where a girl was like "oh i started cutting later than all my friends did. when did you start?" it's so gross, it's like it's a trend.

but we totally need that! it's so fucked up!!

• It's so pathetic that it is a trend and nothing else. If you search gag for self harm you get endless amount of the same attention whore bullshit.

• AMEN! THANK YOU.
    I could not agree more. Some of these people act like "self harm", which is really just SELF MUTILATION, is trendy and the cool thing to do. -_- It's not, it's effing disgusting, destructive, and dramatic as hell.

• I hope they make it happen.

• Good idea. I saw a guy planning on when he would kill himself... should be removed.

• You could direct them to help rather than make like it didn't happen. There is a list nk in the FAQ page if you come across someone suicidal.

• I didn't even know about that, thanks.

• And suicide questions or comments are different.
      The self harm kids are always under 18 and are just looking for people to pity them

• Some people have real questions about a guy's opinion when seeing them etc those arnt bad but whenntheybkefy glorify it that's when it's wrong

• The only "real" question about self harm would be "Where can I get help"
      ANY question asking what people think of it, is a simple "Hey look at me" question.
      The asker already knows it's childish and stupid, they don't need to hear that from other people. They simply want someone to acknowledge them.

• A real question? the question regarding scars is fine, we cpshouldnt give advice on how to hide ir etc . I have asked questions about my scars, im a recovering self injur and I should be able to ask about my scars because I don't intentionally hurt myself anymore.