Why do some G@Gers go anonymous for questions that are not embarrassing or judgmental for the opinion they hold?

e. g. like a question about which day of the week you like best?
Here is an example: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1363513-whats-your-favorite-dog-species

• those G@Gers are silly
  • those G@Gers are super silly
  • They should have their accounts cancelled
  • Insecure brats

Most Helpful Girl

• i totally agree, iv never understood this either. it's like theyre scared of letting the world know their favourite food is ice cream, or that they really hate cats.

What Girls Said 8

• Apparently because I am a super silly insecure brat who deserves to have her account cancelled.

• A lot of girls have said they do it to avoid harassment. I think it's a nice feature to have and the OP can always decide to not allow anonymous posts.

• They want their profiles to remain hidden; if you never once answer a question without going anonymous, then there's absolutely no way for other people to trace you.

• Because some G@Gers just don't want to be seen. What's wrong with that?

• the only resion why I would go anonymous is to avoid hate and judgement but I don't go anonymous to often I only go anonymous if I have to

• They like being anon?

• I have never quite figured that one out.

• yes i wondered that too LOL!!

What Guys Said 3

• Haha, I find it strange too. Next time they'll go anonymous to ask: Do you like drinking water and breathing?

• basically there are GAGers who go anonymous generally... for their own reasons.

whatever... as long as they don't insult others anonymously... let them do what they want

• Why do you need praise and recognition? You never really were that good at anything were you? You lack self confidence so you try to make waves and drown people that are living fine... You're just a washed up loser trying to find some lime light. People who are anonymous don't need to leach off of others like you.