Should there be limits on the total daily questions anwered?

Some people make three word answers, so-called, to hundreds of questions a day, cluttering up the site and making it hard to find the worthwhile answers.

Why not a reasonable daily limit on how many q's that can be answered? The limit on questions is 5 a day, and there isn't the same problem with questions. At times , I want to ask more, but I have to wait.

I'd suggest 15 a day...

Maybe 20 a day, tops. Beyond that, people are just wasting our time with useless three word answers on most days. ANd if, like me, there might be a given day you run out of your quota, there's always tomorrow...
OK, maybe 25. People who do more than that not only don't give any helpful advice, but they discourage everyone else because we have to wade through all the useless Amazon card-grubbing 'answers' to get something worthwhile, since there are probably 10 or so of these 3 word answer champions, and most of them show up on nearly every question, taking up space.

There may be a few people who actually make good answers and exceed 25, but their quality would increase, the site would benefit

Most Helpful Girl

• no lol i like being able to answer many questions. the site would be less enjoyable and many people would get bored of having to 'watch out' for their limit. the freedom here is what helps me stay.

• You answer more than 15 a day? Not often, I bet neither do I. Those that do, their answers are just grubbing for points with 'Yeah, that's right.'' and stuff like that for answrs.

• ok im not gonna argue with u. I'm just gonna say i will make my opinions as meaningful or meaningless as i like. if people can't handle that, that ain't my problem.

• I agree with you @justbanANNAz I think I answer a lot as well and don't want a limit!

What Girls Said 12

• I don't think so.
    I rarely exceed your suggested 25 a day opinion quota, but I don't think it would be too far fetched to say that I have on occasion. I think the problem arises with the assumption that people use the site daily. I certainly don't. I come on here when I have free time, and spend it answering, or posting opinions, in bulk where I can say something helpful or just have an opinion on the matter. Having a limit on living opinions would make it much harder to use the site that way.

There's also the possibility of someone having very insightful, and helpful advice to post and not being able to do so. Coming back a day later to do so isn't always practical, and let's face it, the search Tool would pretty much make it impossible, and an anonymous question couldn't even get that advice through a message.

Yes, spam can be annoying, but isn't that what mods are for, to spot the spam and the trolls? Too many rules around here and they start to overrule the fun.

• The reality is hundreds of spam three word 'answers' daily, not people with actual things to say doing more than 25 questions. I also exceed 25 on some days, but would have no problem waiting until the next day. This happens to many people now on questions with the very strict limit on them, and the site hasn't disappeared.

• People earn gift certificates on here, so they need at least 30 questions a day so no and i don't know why there would need to be a limit lol, i worked it out and even if for us in the UK it's not worth it (we only get £13 for 5,000 xper point, i know it blows), but to get 5,000 you'd need to do 30 questions every day for like 3 months so there is no limiting it for people who do think it's worth it, if you limit it then i doubt it's gonna be worth it at all... especialyl just for £13, i think it's too much xper for £13 so i don't do it but when i do have enough at some point i'll claim it because i can, i'm sure others do the same.

• The site is to get advice, not to make it easy for people who give meaningless 3 word 'answers' to get Amazon cards, so I don't understand why anyone should care that it takes X months to get their card. I never asked that many questions, or made that many answers, but over 6 years plus I've gotten, what, maybe 20 cards.

• 5k is too much... would you do 30 questons a day for 3 months just to get £13? lol i don't think so... it wouldn't take that much less time to earn it even if it was stll 4k... like...2 and a half months... the more they increase it the less it's worth doing it, i don't see it's worth doing it even now... 30 questions only earns you 60 xper lol so... i don't know what your on about... after answering 60 questions that's still only 120 xper, even if you earn 120 xper per day that's 840 xper but they need 5k... that would still take 1 month and 1 week... and yet you still only get £13 here in the UK... really not worth it... no such thing as "nimrods" as you call people because there is no point us in the UK doing it.

• Honestly i wouldn't even do it for $20 lol

• If there were limits for that too... I'd probably be long gone... Or wouldn't answer hardly any questions at all - since then I'd look for the ones I can give the most specific answers to, hence end up not answering any for fear of not being able to answer those I could help the most.

There shouldn't be a limit on questions posed, either, but through search engine combine the questions already asked and if the same exists, not let the new question be posted, or rename the title of the question regarding to it's (his or her) specific situation.

• you. ve been here at leat a year, so you don't averge anywhere neear 25 a day, which would be a reasonable limit. Belgie, the top guy here, averages about 20.

Top guy who actually answers questions, that is. So you wouldn't have to worry about the liimit. And The site would be much better without the thousands of spam-non-answers from Amazon point grubbers. More interesting for all of us. Less clutterd with candy wrappers, y'know?

• I get that, but it's nice not having to worry about being or not being able to answer a question... O. o

• No. I like being able to answer as many questions as I want.

• You answer more than 15 a day? Not many do, and if they do, it's point -grubbing three word useless answers.

• Lol I answer way more that 15 a day. And I try to give as helpful advice as I can.

• You're averaging about 16 a day, so what's wrong with a 25 limit? The site would be less cluttered without the thousands of 3 word spam answers we get on every question./

• i don't think there should be a limit on the amount of questions to be answered daily

• At least not 5. People never abuse questions to ask pointless three word questions.

• No, that wouldn't work at all. The traffic on site would slow right up I think.

And sometimes questions don't deserve more than three word answers ;)

• I don't think all the 'Yeah that's right' answers would affect the site negatively at all. That's what we got from the 100 a day people.

Maybe 25 would be enough I think.

Most questions do deserve more than 3 words imao, unless it's something like what team you favor in the World Series.

• Because I did. With my old accounts. I'm on here much less now.

• REal answers wouldn't dry up, and there would probably be more of them if we didn't have to wade through all the spam.

• I think there should be a limit of questions asked each day. A lot of the questions asked are pointless & never receive responses.

• There is a tight limit, only 5 in 24 hours even for me, and less for people with lower Xper level. I often have to wait to ask my questions, actually.

But not that many questions are three words long, done just to grub for points, although of coruse many ARE repetiitve, like all the dick size and rating ones.

So frequency of asking questions doesn't pose the same problem as the people who give three word non-responsive 'answers' hundreds of times a day, and clutter up the site so that you have to scroll down through all those point grubbers to find the thoughtful answers.

So why can't there ALSO be some reasonable limit on how many questions can be answered daily?
      I guarantee site quality would be BETTER with such a limitation. Something reasonable, say, 15, or maybe 20, certainly not more than 25 tops. Beyond that, no way are the answers really thoughtful or responsive to the question.

• Even if you set a limit, you could not control the quality of an answer, unfortunately.

• No, but there wold only be 15 of the garbage answers a day, the site would not be so cluttered.

• Not havin the thousands of
      amazon card grubbng 3 word zero-meaning answers sure would improve the overll quality of the site, don't you think?

• I don't know, I'm not the person to ask, I'm here because I like to help people, not for an award.

• No no no no no!!! I love answering questions. And what if you had something important to help someone on?

• i don't think there should be a limit
    because short isn't necessarily bad

• People who answer consistently more than, I'd say, 20, are either repetitive (Yes, your dick is big enough) or just grubbing for points with 3 word answers.

• No lol i know some people who offer good point and exceed 15 a day

• I really doubt that, people who post that much are nearly always 3 2ord answer nonsense space waste.

• maybe 20 tops, the rest of the comments on penis size wouldn't be missed.

• Belgie is probably the top guy who actually makes worthwhile answers, and he averages about 20 a day, you can tell from his profile.

So 25 should be enough for anyone.

• I don't really see a need for it. A limit on the amount of anon posts would be nice.

• That would pretty much be the same thing, since so many posts are anonymous, and the anonys are on the whole the ones posting so much spam!

What Guys Said 12

• Nah, I don't know about that. While I agree that there's certainly an issue with idiots posting unhelpful answers, or the usual suspects with their unfunny jokes, I feel imposing an automatic limit on posts would just limit many peoples enjoyment of the site. Not every question needs a huge answer, or has room to expand into a larger dialogue.

Plus, what if I'm just really into GAG one day, and I find a lot of questions that resonate with me over the course of a day, then I realise I'm running out of responses and have to start being selective. No thanks, just doesn't seem reasonable.
    It's a public forum - the unhelpfuls are just part of the scenery.

• Garbage is often part of the scenery. WE try to limit that, why not this garbage as well?

• 15 opinions per day? gosh that's NOTHING dude... i make about 300+ per day, sometimes i reach 400.

15 opinions is very very very limited... how can this beconsindered reasonable?

and if they did this, then people would leave this site... it's not a smart move in my opinion.

traffic would slow down, and as a result many GAGers would leave this site because they'dfind it "too limited"

as long as you don't nsult others, and you are on-topic what's the problem? :-)

• My point exacty. :Yeah, that's right." 300 times a day doesn't help anyone.

• Clutters up the sites with meaningless three word answers, you have to scroll through those to get something meaningful.

Yes, many people post way more than 15 a day. But they're just three word waste of space. THAT is the problem! Mayube 20or 25 a day would be a better limit. Beyond that, it's just the three word litterbugs...

• Dude... don't wanna shock you but look at my question 's votes. Seems almost everyone disagrees with you. And 25 is a joke indeed. Many people-wouls leave if that happened

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1379797-so-how-many-opinions-per-day-should-be-the-limit-in-your-opinion

• No but id see nothing wrong with eliminating "first opinion XP." When they had a bigger bonus for XP I saw people abusing that and eventually the site lowered the bonus. But limiting opinions wouldn't solve people giving bad ones.

• There are limits but you must "work hard" to reach them.
    The contradiction is of course: the longer people are on the site the more publicity they pick up so the more of the publicity messages reach their public... and that's good for the future of GAG, more revenue.
    On the other hand, indeed, you risk to blow up the site if people just post by the dozen!

• I'd say maybe put a minimum limit to how many words you can say. maybe make it I don't know 7-10 minimum? ... then again sometimes short sweet answers are just as good. I can see were you are coming from though.

• I say limit how many times you can go anon lol

• We have some habitual GaG users that answer hundreds of questions a day. I don't think that GaG would survive without them.

• What do they contribute, besides cluttering things up so you have to skip down trough their one-line use less 'answers' to get something relevant?

• Oh shoot I'm talking to a GaG OG, Xper ranking 6th place? wow.

• Yes, one of only 2 people, I'd say, among the top ten, who actually put some thought into their answers.
      You think people who answer 100 a day put any thought into their answers? TAke a look, you'll fing it's all 'Yeah, I agree.'' "Yeah, that sucks." and so on

• I think people just shouldn't answer questions they dont have an answer to. A few users in particular come to mind.

• But they won't stop, that's why some daily limit is necessary. For some reason, questions, which don't pose the same problem since there aren't many pointless three word questions, are limited to 5! And the site survives just fine

• I think that's a horrible suggestion. The nonsense answers are probably even more than half the fun.

• I'd think 15 a day would be enough.. but maybe 20? No one has that much to say that they are giving worthwhile answers to more than that!

• 'Yeah, that's right.'' Yeah,, probably so... These answers are fun? That's what you get from the 100 a day folks.

• When viewed in a certain light they could still be funny.

• Put a cap on answers and this site will slowly turn into Yahoo Answers.

• That is a terrible idea

• Eh... Meh

;)