Those who put their own pics as their profile pics?

Aren't you afraid that somebody might know you by your pic and learns things about you which you don't want him/her to learn?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not bothered at all, wouldn't say something on here that I wouldn't say in person. I showed a mate of mine this site too, he may have seen me by now if he carried on using it. Besides, if there's something you wanted to say and really didn't want anyone to know it was you, surely you'd just go anonymous to save the risk!

What Girls Said 22

• My Sophomore year, I took a picture with my friends behind these school windows. Some guy message me and say do you go to (Bleep) High school? I was like "how did you know that?" I got to that same high school and I know those office windows. We added each other in Facebook but we never planned on meeting, I just thought it would be awkward. We promised to keep it a secret. I ended up coming out of a room and he passed by me and gave me a little wave. I would kind of care if someone knew me in person that was on here but not really :P It would be a low chance.

• So many grammatical errors, just to let you know. I didn't proofread like I am supposed to!

• you're a Guru and you're so active on this site. chances are the people who know you may never know this site exists, but once some of them knows, don't you think he/she will notice you just in two days after registration?

• Yeah, but I don't care :P

• Some of my friends already know who I am on here so no, I'm not afraid of that. And if I'm sharing something really personal I go anonymous.

• Now adays everyone posts their pics ig fb tweeter YouTube whatever. there's a lkt of creeps out there n people who are unhappy with theirs n wanna mess up someone elses. You just gotta be careful you dont post pics u dont want seen.

• oh i'm not talking about the pics themselves. what i meant was that when you put your real pics, your friends would notice that it's you, and then they would read your questions and answers and then would know about your secrets, which you might not want them to know

• Oh i c lol, i dont say no names plus what i speak of friends on here i told it to their faces also

• I used to be a little paranoid in the past. I just don't care anymore.

• Nah, ain't nobody got time for that. I mean ain't nobody got time to care what others think. by the way I used to have my picture up but removed it for other reasons.

• Well... I have this really weird stalker person on my Kik. And I keep blocking him but he makes a new account and I don't even know who he is.

He knows literally everything about me and he asks my freinds about me.. I'm a little paranoid about him learning things about me.

• you mean he knows you in real life? so why would he need to ask your friends about you?

• ah that sucks. i hope you can manage to get rid of him

• wheni joined GaG I started out with a avatar as my picture and I once was told I never should show my picture of myself on the Internet as my profile picture I dasided I got tired of hiding and I wanted to show my face as my profile picture so that people know who there talking to because if I had a avatar as my picture then people would think there talking to a kid and I didn't want anyone to think that so that's why I dasided to show my face

• yea thanks. but you have not yet answered my question. aren't you afraid that one of your close friends might be on GAG too and might notice you here and might read your posts and might then know some of your secrets that you otherwise didn't want him/her to know?

• not really and I don't have a close friend that would go on here

• I highly doubt anyone from GAG will see me. This website isn't popular in my country so very few people use it. Plus the few who do and who I've talked to from my country all live in different cities and regions from me so they makes the chances of being recognized even smaller

• Like when using any online forum, site or service, be smart and don't give away personal details about yourself - and if you are really worried about being recognized then use an avatar for your profile. Everyone on GaG should take the steps they need to feel most comfortable and safe while asking and interacting. Happy posting!

• i don't know what the down-vote is for. thanks for your answer

• I don't say too much crazy stuff on here so I wouldn't be worried about that. I'd be more pissed that they found my rabbit hole lol.

• No, I don't have to put anything on here that I don't want others to know. If they recognize me then that is that. It effects me in no negative way

• No, I usually don't say anything I don't want anyone to know.

• No, I always try to be honest with people
    So everyone I know, probably know about everything I have posted

• No I haven't put any thing on here I wouldn't say in real time.

• I don't really care, lol.

• No, most of the things I say here they would most likely know.

Anyways, I don't care soo if they are interested in my online activities so be it :)

• I have my own pic up. As for the other, I really don't care what other people think. Don't let the haters bother you.

• aww they're not haters, they're your friends. you might have secrets you'd be comfortable to share them here, but not with your friends

• Ooooo never thought about that but I never tell strangers about things I won't to people I do know. Safety first;)

• I have nothing to be ashamed of so no.

• Only a few who know the dark side of me and would love to read my comments and questions.

• and you wouldn't care if some of your friends who didn't know your dark side might know that this way?

• I doubt i have friends on this.

• Yeah I'm always afraid I'll get recognized by my profile pic

I feel so exposed

• are you being serious?

• Like they're that interested in my life. Plus I don't care either.

What Guys Said 20

• Why do you go anonymous when... unless you put your own pic as the profile pic... you already anonymous?
    I hate they allow that option.
    Was there any reason to go anonymous for this question? it isn't controversial... what negative affect would have happened from posting as yourself?
    people that go anonymous esp when posting this kind of generic question, don't need to be on the site.
    Some people don't care if people know who they are. If you have to be afraid of posting why be on the site at all?

• I can't believe people still think I am Chris Pratt

• naaa. if they learn it about me, eh, let them form their opinions. I know who I am as a person and I'm not afraid of that.

• ever thought that they just don't care basically?

• tbh yes, but realized that they would actually do

• ah sorry i thought you're talking about me. yes of course they don't care, but it's kinda weird to me

• I haven't said anything I wouldn't in real life so I don't care.

• simple stop caring, i could care less what people think. Don't listen to what they have to say in the first place.

• i am not a dummy!

• I don't give a shit because I'm just this one dude on the internet.

• I am so very straight forward that people already know everything about my personality. If someone doesn't likes me because of being honest and straight forward, I genuinely do not care.

• 1, the odds are astronomical.
    2, I don't care.

• I could care less.

• Nope I'm not worried. I highly doubt people I know would take that much time into investigating me.

• Nah, nobody cares about me offline. They are stuck in their own thing. I could care less if they did read this stuff anyway.

• I don't really care what people think about me

• Nah I don't really care. I'm a pretty open person so I don't mind answering questions on here.

• eh, me is me is me, i'm not afraid to show who i am

• Actually i pretty much don't give a F about it...

• I hope someone recognise me and discover things about me Im a transparent guy

• I don't really mind. There are plenty of people who recognize me here anyway.

• I don't care