Why do people on GAG find it necessary to continually post the same question over and over?

I have recently come across questions that I know have been answered on a different day. Why do you keep reposting the same thing? Are you hoping for a different response?

These are questions with to many similarities to be a different people.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some lengthy questions (I'm thinking of the 29 year old that wonders if she will be forced to accept online dating because of her age.) are obviously trolls.

A lot of the short questions are from different people asking the same things. Presumably, they could search GaG for past entries on how to perform some sex act or other or to find out each genders preference in the opposite.
    But the reason they ask on GaG in the first place instead of asking the great Google is the desire for interactivity with another human being.

As long as the question is honestly asked, I'm content to keep answering.

• "the great Google" hahaha nice one. Every time I see your name on one of my questions, I imagine you look like Gandalf the gray. Wise with a wicked awesome beard.

• Actually it's more of a very short goatee. But, as my pseudonym suggests, gray is the right color.

(also, I'm more of a ball cap kind of guy)

• Thanks for the MHO.

What Guys Said 10

• i guess they find it funny basically.

especially this guy who's 5'6" and complains about his height everyday... i wonder isn't he even bored yet? this joke is old now basically...

• Normally, asking repetitive questions (always the same thing) is not allowed... but the question is of course: what is "the same question"?
    If someone is asking 20 questions in a year on his or her appearance, some of them may come close to repetitive... so sometimes it will be gray zone :-)

• And they put it under anonymous like it won't be noticed that way... blah

• Yeah some know the tricks to fool the moderators & admins.
      However, if you notice a duplicate, click the little flag top right of the question and report it as "duplicate". The admin team will look into it and remove if appropriate.
      That will also discourage the user to ask more duplicate questions :-)

• its common. its either the same person or different people with the same curiosity.

• It may not be the same person over and over, it could be several different people who didn't search for similar questions before asking. Then again it could be the same person beating it to death to either find a different set of answers or just be an ass because they have nothing better to do.

• I know it seems like there can two to three questions that are the same but worded differently on a daily basis. Not fun to sift through.

I think some people look back at old questions that did well, and repost them just to get the points etc.,

• Common thing on GaG , repeated questions asked again

• Agreed... its gets anoying. Sometimes I think it happens with an update...

• Simply because they can

• its not always the same person.

• They want answers duh.

• Yes but if the original question had multiple answers, why would you repost. Unless you were looking to get "better" answers? Or your trolling

What Girls Said 5

• I guess they're not satisfied with the answers the first time... so they want to give it another go. I don't know why they think they'll get more/better answers the second time though.

• "What has been is what will be, and what has been done will be done again;there is nothing new under the sun."(Ecclesiastes 1:9) :P

• It's annoying as hell.

• Cause people suck dick :)

• They don't get the answer they want.