Why are the anonymous users always the biggest assholes on this site?

It's always them that have to be massive douchebags.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because the people posting behind "Anonymous" are insecure. When I first joined this site, before I switched accounts, I posted asking whether or not I should excersize because of a bit of pudge in my stomach area. All my life I have been "skinny", and i noticed my belly was poking out, I may have seen it bigger than it actually was, but anyway this bitch decided to go anon and say that I was fishing for attention and compliments when I wanted some honest advice. Obviously you can tell that she is not comfortable with herself and is jealous of other people's bodies. If the person who said this is reading this Fuck you... I'm sorry to the asker I had to vent.

What Girls Said 8

• Because they can hide.

• I guess they're scared of someone knowing their user name in case they want to fight back :P

• The two times I've felt most mistreated on here were actually by users who weren't anonymous. But yes, some anons can be mean, too. :p I assume it's because they don't have to "answer" for what they say.

• Because they're hiding under anonymous. They don't want their assholery to be traced back to them.

• Generally speaking that statement is mostly true. in my opinion some of the worst trolls or douches post under their name.

• Ohh i thought that title belonged to @rthomas43 ?

• The reason why is because when you are anonymous, you can do and say whatever you want without ruining the reputation of your own character.

• Because then they don't have to own up to anything they say.

What Guys Said 6

• I tried my best to find a screenshot from V for Vendetta at the end of the comedy sketch, peeking out under the theater curtain with a cigar and snickering (the best representation I can think of for the thought process behind what you're describing), but this was the best I could do.
    www.adancersprism.com/.../anonymous-mask.jpg

• Penny Arcade summarized it best:

fishbowl.pastiche.org/.../...et_fuckwad_theory.jpg

• Because they hide. I don't even use 'anonymous'.
    I like people to know who they're talking to.

• Because they are truly anonymous, they can never be judged for their actions because nobody knows who they are.

• Because we know people will try to hunt us down if we identify ourselves. Duh!

• Because they're abusing the "anonymous" button to say mean things, that's why they use it mostly.