Why have G@Gers suddenly all gone private?

So why have you made your profile private?

• I`m good looking and don`t want stalkers
  • I want to be mysterious
  • I want to be PM, so that people can find out more about me
  • I`m a narcisist and want to feel like a VIP

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls would go private all the time, to avoid the perverts.

But they couldn't get followed, or follow, people they wanted to... because their profile was private.

------

Now GaG added the feature that you can follow people although your profile is private.

So now girls get the best of both worlds now; 1) pervert protection, and 2) ability to follow people that they so choose

What Girls Said 16

• I don't know but I am considering it.
    Obviously B. :p
    img1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../..._about_to_leave.gif

• I voted A even though I don't totally agree with that. I haven't gone private but I have my settings so that only people I follow can message me. I was getting so many emails from crazy guys like every day! :(
    However I'm also really bad about remembering to follow people :/

• My profile isn't private but I voted A anyway
    cdn1.theodysseyonline.com/.../...1_akward%2010.gif

• Cause some people stalk my comments.
    Pervs makes some really stupid remarks.
    Haters keep downvoting all my answers cause they have nothing to do.

Some of the guys (from my country) Sends me back to back messages after reading my profile. They have asked me some really weird questions... As if this is a dating site.

• There were plenty that wanted to follow me, and they couldn't when I had my profile set to private.
    Now that there's a NEW change that people can still follow you while you are private... I returned my profile back to the way it used to be.

• I haven't made my profile private and I didn't notice this.

• I tried to make my profile private but it's not happening. I basically want to avoid pervs from following me but it's not that I consider myself goodlooking. Pervs are pervs. They go for everyone.

• I haven't gone private. I voted C. I'd love for people to private message me so that they can find out more about me. I get bored in this forum :-/

• Well I didn't want to be mysterious when I was on private a few weeks ago but I kind of did.

I think that the GAGers who go private usually just don't want stalkers and want to be left alone.

• my profile isn't private

• I don't know, I might "surprise die" one day, so I'd like my account to remain on private.

• I go private for short periods of time when the stalkers messaging start to get heavy.

• Im not private yet :) nah, don't think ill change to private :D

• I'm not interested in getting to know people & vise versa.

• I have know idea...

• The only reason I want to be private is so that if someone I know finds my profile, they won't be able to easily click on everything I said about my ex hahaha

What Guys Said 16

• Because now one can follow even private profiles.
    I don't have private profile.
    Vote A can't be true, one can still view the picture of private profiles.
    Vote B doesn't seem to be legit.
    What does that C means?
    I think people are doing it because of D.

• i'm not private basically

• Lol I love the poll options. In the past, iwebt private because I had a few people who didn't like me who would follow me around on everything I answered and cause trouble for me. But I have no doubt that option c is true for a lot of people, and maybe a bit of option d. I don't message people with private profiles though. The people who I've made great relstionships with on here (is. The people who have my personal cell number) are people who had an open profile, not a closed off one. Just a little FYI to some folks

• what if the person is cool and private would you pm them

• Maybe... but a private profile is a signal to me that you don't want people messaging you. I also am more likely to message someone who actually filled out their profile bio a bit. Can't see any if that when the person is private

• don`t abide by people signals I PM even if I don`t get a response the first time

• probably because follow requests can be made now.

• I tried to go private. But then I had to pee

• I know why they do it per say

But I hate when can't message ___- BECAUSE THEY HAVE IT SET THAT WAY LOLOL

But luckily for me I don't message people 1st anyway (98% of the time) so hey it's cool by me ^^

• I have never made my profile private, ever since I signed up!

• nothing to hide all clean sheets

• Yup! Not that my sheets are clean, but I don't see any need to hide my flaws as long as I'm not breaking the law!

• It's always been that way.

• Well if u post a generic picture of something instead of a profile pic, then u don't need to go private because no one will stalk u

• Where is the "isn't private option?" :S

• Because they brought back all the awesomeness of the old private profile settings.

• I've got no clue. Maybe they eventually get tired of receiving perverted messages.

• I also keep my profile private, but i dont post anonymously.

I think it's better, to be private.

• Im not private

• Yeah, I got this point all ready.
    But I have no idea

• It was solely to prevent followers passively. Now I get a daily dose of refusing. :(