Why do you feel the need to be anonymous?

When I looked at my feed this morning almost all the questions were from anonymous posters. The weird thing is, they are not questions that I would think needed to be so. And the one guy asking about panties wasn't anon lol. If it is not a embarrassing question or a subject that isn't taboo, why go anonymous?

Most Helpful Guy

• People nowadays are afraid to even face themselves with what's inside , how do you expect them to face society with their opinions? when society stops judging , blaming and ranking people maybe more others can share their experiences and speak their minds freely... but for now , only those who fought for freedom can , (but and not always though )

What Guys Said 18

• What if my mother finds out I've been asking questions about female domination and being tied up by a french maid and whipped in the bedroom?

• I feel the need to always be anonymous. That is why I have an anchor for an avatar and an unpopulated profile. The only person on the planet that knows me in the real world and also knows I post here is my wife. @GraySailorsBride posts here to with a mermaid sitting on an anchor for her avatar and an equally unpopulated profile.

I never ask questions, just give answers as the mood strikes me. Being anonymous let's me be very open about myself and my history. I don't mind sharing everything that is inside but putting my face on it would make it too personal and I could not be as open.

For me anon is the norm. I marvel that people can put their real faces into the online world at all.

• Because they don't want to be trolled, or they are afraid of being known. I've asked the same question before, and can't really understand it fully myself, but people hide when they are.

• I don't go anon anymore or I haven't in a long time anyway.

• I have no problem not being anonymous i guess people can be insecure
    or scared to be judged by others so that's why they go anonymous.

• When people judge based on who they r ad not thequestion at hand, then the point if this sute is lost

• I use anonymous for 1 out of 500 opinions... it must for one or another reason be really delicate, like about a desease you have :-)

• personally i don't... i see no point of going anonymous basically ;-0

• I'm not a fan of anonymity, but I have a level of understanding for why someone would want to post anonymously. I respect those who don't feel the need for it.

• I used to do this a lot when I first joined, post anon when I disagreed on something and saw potential for a heated argument lol

Then there are the trolls.

And then there are people who just answer a question normally, yet they go anon. Must be for over political correctness crap or insecurity.

• people love the whole cloak and dagger. they want to remain hidden with their questions so if someone knows who they are, they will be harassed or cyberbullied.

• I don't really know. I mean it's already the internet. If I say something someone doesn't like then what? Nothing. Don't see the point

• Sometimes people wanna be rude or nasty to others... And they don't want to destroy their reputation here so that's why...
    So how to do it? TIME FOR BE ANONYMOUS 😂😄

• Wait we have the option... dammit!

• They don't have an account maybe.. or embarrassed of something

• Because if they're anon they can express their opinion with out reprisals. Me personally im blunt and straightforward and see no reason to hide behind a guise

• Special agents follow me around and the voices in my head.

• May be so! e thing wrong in that question but they need answer so they used to be anonymous.

• they use it to troll, no other reason.

What Girls Said 9

• When it's something extremely personal and you don't want any weird/creepy messages you post anonymous.
    I mean... why not?
    Half of the questions probably wouldn't be asked if it were not for a feature.

• True story but if it is a question about a shirt or whether you should buy a new appliance why the need for anonymity

• True!
      But then again... some people just like being private for no apparent reason!

• I feel the need to be anonymous when I am hiding something.

Some people aren't liked on here, posting on anon removes any bias another person might have towards them; therefore, they get better answers.

• I asked this before. Because some people like to 'keep a low profile', 'don't want others to know it's them, no matter if it's the internet and no one knows you anyways'...

Or 'so that they can be mean for no reason and people wouldn't know who they are so they'd still be nice to them'.

I never post anonymous.

• You do realise that by blocking anonymous posts in your question, you are unlikely to get an answer from a serial anonymous poster...

• you block anonymous responses which means you don't really want your question anwered by those you are questioning. the reason is because it doesn't matter if they are anonymous. Why try and judge people on little information even if they have a name? No matter who answers, if it rings true to you and it helps, that is what matters.

• I am not judging. If the question makes the person uncomfortable then I get it but why ask a question about something mundane under anon. Like do you like this sweater? One poster said that it was so they didn't get a bunch of unboxed messages. That makes sense.

• I only go anonymous when I feel that the question or the answer is too personal. Sometimes I don't want to have a certain question/answer associated to my account.
    But when I know that I have nothing to hide or to be ashamed of I don't go anonymous
    Perhaps they're so used to go anonymous that they forget that sometimes there's no need to ask or answer anonymously.

• If it's a question about sex, I'll usually go on anon. I don't want to risk someone I know stumbling upon something so personal haha.

• I never reply anonymous. If you believe in your opinion, you should be brave enough to make it public. Otherwise stay in the silent mass. :-)

• To avoid being inboxes about something I don't have the desire took further about, or if it's really personal and I want to minimise it's connection to me :) although I do it very rarely.