Why can't we block CERTAIN AGE GROUPS? since you guys already have a GENDER BLOCKING MECHANISM in place?

READ the title because I feel that this was pretty dumb IMHO lol

Then Maybe just maybe I'LL BE ABLE TO POST BOOBS PICS, instead of having to explain the kind that I like LOL (I could justs simply link a pic and be done with it)
I don't think we should gender blocking OR certain age groups to be blocked. Maybe there should be a specific block for the two categories: sexual behavior and sexual health to where you have the choice to block under 18 users from answering the question. Only for those TWO categories, though!

stolen from @smokahontas and Agreed ^^

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think we should gender blocking OR certain age groups to be blocked. Maybe there should be a specific block for the two categories: sexual behavior and sexual health to where you have the choice to block under 18 users from answering the question. Only for those TWO categories, though!

What Girls Said 14

• YEAH AND WHY CAN'T WE BLOCK PEOPLE FROM CERTAIN COUNTRIES
    and people with profile pictures
    and people with certain mood teXTs
    and people with certain personalities
    aND PEOPLE OF CERTAIN OCCUPATIONS
    adN peopLE wiTH A CERtain XPRE LEVLE
    AND PEOPLE WHO AHVE WRITEN MYTAKES
    41.media.tumblr.com/.../...1mqoyA1qm26yeo1_500.png

• This new update is really making me sad. I want to answer questions im not allowed to answer. And I don't want people to block certain age groups. If that happens I won't use this site anymore since everyone will obviously be blocking the people under 18.

• I agree with ya ^^

I wouldn't block the minors though HELL I FOUND y'all to be more mature than most of the 18+ AND IF YOU GUYS WEREN'T HEY AT LEAST y'all HAVE AN EXCUSE ^^

smokahantas nailed it right on the head with her post

• @Aud_Queen read our convo

• Oh wow. That option is new...

• I absolutely don't think certain age groups should be blocked from any questions. There's already a system here that makes sure that questions are censored, and even has questions taken down if they are too insulting, rude, vulgair etc. Plus to get back at an anonymous comment here; if you post a question for adults only, you basically only have to tick the box that says "block anonymous users", because the immature comments mostly come from anonymous users.
    It's so American to want to stop teenagers from exposure to images of sex and violence and drugs. I mean let's be honest here any kid from the age of 11 can watch p*rn on the internet, so do you really think blocking them from sexual questions, and by doing so denying them a chance to learn about real life sexual behaviour, will help them?
    I don't...

• . I mean let's be honest here any kid from the age of 11 can watch p*rn on the internet, so do you really think blocking them from sexual questions, and by doing so denying them a chance to learn about real life sexual behaviour, will help them? Agreed AND THAT'S what i tell the creeps on here when they send y'all (GAGirls) cock shots LOL

Like bruh they could just go simply google them if thye wanted to see 1

• Well it makes sense i mean if you tell me you sent me a pic, and i go check for it and i can't find it... I'd let you knoww it didn't come through

• It just funny because most GAGirls say that they the don't like the creeps on here, but most if not all of them will say it aloud (in the comment section of her post) for everyone to see LOL #Ilovetrolling #Igotnopicmist lolololol

• I turned 18 2 days ago... I haven't gained any superior knowledge since then. My point is there are really bright under 18 y/o.

I think there should be an explicit section on gag where only over 18 y/o have access to. But reality is people lie :P I think gag is just trying to keep this environment nsfw material free. Not just for the minors but to maintain the integrity of thus Website; girls asking guys questions.

• This isn't a dating website nor is it a place for nsfw material.

• Lol exactly! It’s not that serious :P

• I really don't get that whole blocking genders thing. I thought the point of the site was to ask each other questions? I'm really not liking the whole "you can't sit with us" mentality that this site is adopting.

• LOL @ you can't sit with us because that's exactly what it's becoming AND MORE LIKE HIGHSCHOOL it seems lol

I never got why they said that GAG was liek "HS" until I realized that ____ had problems with ____ LIKE BRUH PEOPLE TAKE THIS SITE WAY TO SERIOUS lol

• I thought you guys with M and S next to your names decide the updates?
      How much power do you have? :O :)

• @mr90skid nah bruh. We don't have a say in that.

• I wish I could just block anyone who has the words "boobs" "penis" "rate me 1-10" or "height" in their question.

• That would have been MHO ^^

• I think that there shouldn't be any filtering unless it's your question that is extremly sexual then you could have an 18+. Other than that everyone has freedom of speech.

• And people 14-17 already know about their stuff most people have sex Ed in middle school. so I don't understand where your getting questions about minors not understanding sexual parts

• I hate when a girl has a question about "sagging boobs" NOW SHE wants/should be able to post a pic BUT SHE CAN'T because of the minors here. Now that makes us have to type ______ when we could simply said NO/YES TO her ^^

Some girls have asked what do the perfect pair of breast look like to you ______UINSTEAD of me being able to post a pic I had to describe them Lol... I think ya get what I'm saying

I agree that if they did allow that, it would be abused I'm sure BUT maybe if they had a filter ya know "Only can post ____ on sex question etc" I don't know

Hope I didn't ramble to much

• I guess that makes sense

• I agree with you update. The only thing that should be separated by age is sexual health and sexual behavior questions.

• No & the gender blocking is a stupid option to.

• Wait age groups are blocked now? Crap I'm screwed!

• Why would you block someone because of age?

Anyways don't know.

• I don't want to block them personally

I'M JUST SAYING that a lot of users 18++ have been asking for it though LOL. People have question about their "PARTS" that they simply can't ask because of the minors here LOL

Once again not me personally thought because I never ask those types of questions but I see how/why it can be annoying for them ^^

• Oh I see :part p

• People ask about their HUGE FUCKING COCKS AND CUNTS (since you keep saying "parts") here all the time. And nobody cares, not even people under 18.

• It comes in useful when you want good solid answers to a question of a sexual nature, without underaged kids messaging and dropping comments in people's threads saying how gross it is. They have no business reading a question that asks for mature adults' opinions only. It'd becomes a nuisance and those fly on the wall comments are unnecessary.

• If they want to be taken seriously, they should really watch what they say and stop acting like they can get away with being silly on forums.

• If people didn't like it then the wouldn't be using it in which case no one would be complaining... So obviously enough people prefer it. Sometimes you want to talk to people going through similar things without people trolling bc they don't like the fact you are going through things that make them feel bad about their own sex.

I don't see it as genre blocking I see it as troll blocking. I can rarely ask a question to women without men complaining and making sexist comments. I didn't even know you could block gender until now. Must be a reason for it.

• I get your point and it makes sense I guess

COPY/PASTE

People are going to get less replies overall if they do that ON TOP making it NON-ANON only = no replies probably Lol #justputthatthereforthehellofit

• What sucks is that girls ask more questions than guys do, so it pretty much means guys will get to make way more comments, since girls will mostly be blocking other girls.

• I don't know if this works with what you've said but I was thinking that

people are going to get less replies overall if they do that ON TOP making it NON-ANON only = no replies probably LOl

• Yup, the overall activity will definitely decrease on GAG and it'll all be the admins' fault. They'll probably change it back soon, and if they don't, they are idiots. :p

What Guys Said 15

• Yeah, I wanna block all those pretentious 18-24 year old twats who think they're automatically more intelligent because of their age. Yeah, lemme tell ya something: You're not more mature or intelligent, you're just acting that way to try and make it.

• I AGREE AND JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE IS OVER 18+ doesn't mean anything... it just mean that they're at a legal age to do dumb things lol

• I'm not a fan of the new gender blocking at all. Someone asked if girls would date an Asian dude with a mullet. I was SO tight when I realized I wasn't able to post this magnificent bastard...
    swarthmoreasianorganization.files.wordpress.com/.../asian-fail.jpg
    Mullet/hi-top fade combo, absolutely DEADLY, and that's not even getting started on his most-likely silk shirt...

• Age blocking, will be the death of this website!

Alienating younger users

=

stunt or even reverse the growth of this website

=

$$$ the site generates will decrease

=

no more GaG for anyone regardless of age

------------------

Trust me, the admins would never discriminate against the under 18 group. The youth are the future of ANY business (including an advice based website like this).

I've been here for 5 years, and the teen demographic are the core of what this site has evolved around to cater to.

Ex.

Making the website more "mobile friendly"

lowering minimum of users from 18 down to age 13

the incorporation of all social media outlets into the site itself (to increase "sharing", to increase exposure to teen user's friend group,

the modernized layout of everything with the bold colors, inclusion of embedded pics (to show off memes!), adding a second profile picture instead of just an avatar, etc.

------------------

Older people like myself (age 29), aren't the ones that are consistently on the site. Most of those people are under 24, aka high school and college kids.

As much as you may WANT under 18s to be banned on questions at user's discretion, it's not gonna happen.

------

This website is fun for us, but it is a business as its core.

The admins aren't stupid enough to alienate their primary demographic. :-P

• In term of gender blocking, I don't mind that.

All I ask is for the feed to not show questions in which that user's gender is banned. Why show questions that the user is unable to answer?

• hahaa well who knows how long this will last, it looks like its upsetting more people than it isn't, and yo mist I find this helpful!

• LOL AT THE LAST WORDS OF YOUR POST

I hate that useless thang also, well it's somewhat useful but I wonder do you get XPER points per vote (QA)

• if we do then im stacking cause im clicking it lol

• LOL I'd do the exact same thig on all questions also ^^

• i believe age/gender blocking is nosense in my opinion... everyone's allowed to express his/her opinion basically!

• Why block anything except personal messages?

• Agreed, and a GAGirl said this

""I don't think we should gender blocking OR certain age groups to be blocked. Maybe there should be a specific block for the two categories: sexual behavior and sexual health to where you have the choice to block under 18 users from answering the question. Only for those TWO categories, though!"

• If you don't want to read it, just don't read it. :)

• Cool ^^

• So... would it bother older folk on this site if younger ones could block as well? Say they block people 20 and older, would that upset them?

I am not for any side as none of the two groups bother me at all, everyone's opinion is fair and respected by me, but come on gagers why are we so hateful these past days?

We all know the gender blocking thing is dumb but really? Dont you want to see young Gagers turn into old gagers?

• You can block a whole gender on this site? o:

• Yeah as a question AND IT WILL FORCE YOU to pick "both, girls OR boys only" LOL

• Oh shit, I JUST now saw this o_o It must have been added last night because I was using this website at like 2 AM this morning (don't judge me) and I did NOT see that lol

I actually think this is a good thing. I'm constantly seeing people include in their question titles "GUYS Only" or "GIRLS only" and so on, now they won't have to do that anymore

• Nope it was added about 2 hours tops ago OR when i made this question ^^

• But why?
    And you can block genders?

• There's a gender blocking mechanism?

• I'd love to stop the old farts answering some of my questions.

• yeah block old creeps and kiddies all for

• Yeah, no teenagers allowed! Wait a second...

• In all seriousness we shouldn't be able to block gender responses since that is the point of the site.

• Dude... I have no fucking idea what your shouting about. :/

• Blocking gender on a site called Girls ask Guys is a bit counter productive.