What is with the Was this helpful?

I don't get the point of Was this helpful? You only have one choice yes. Why is there not a no option? Members of GAG should there be a no option on Was this helpful?

• Why do we need a no option to Was this helpful
  • We should have the option to vote no
  • I don't see the need for Was this helpful
  • We don't want to butt hurt anyone by saying it wasn't helpful
  • Why all the hubbub on this Was this helpful

Most Helpful Girl

• lol yeah it doesn't make sense to me that they would ask if the question was helpful or not..

What Guys Said 16

• I don't think they put a no option because Asker might get butthurt lol.

• I don't think that actually DOES anything.

Like, what, is the QUESTION helpful?

What does that do?

It doesn't do anything

it's legitimately just numbers

I don't understand the purpose

I voted C)

• I don't see the need for Was this helpful. I guess the administrators have been drinking a lot during the last week

• I like the new addition, but I would've like it more if there was the no option.
    I think this is great for myTakes, since sometimes I see great Takes I wish they had some more recognition.
    I don't really see the point of that on the questions though, I mean, how is a question helpful?

• This is only a positive playground children lol

• Like the school system no one gets graded bad or forbid if they fail.

• Yup... exactly... we don't want anyone's feelings to be hurt so we coddle everyone.

• Maybe you just want the button text to read: "Click here if this question was helpful". That would remove the yes/no dichotomy and make the response an action instead of a reply.

• Still no point in it.

• UI designers are people and they make mistakes too.

• voting ranks opinions
      MHO is awarded to best opinion

This new button is for up voting questions.
      Perhaps valued questions will float to the top regardless of the amount of traffic they generate.

most extreme example:

One perfect question with one perfect opinion & no one else adds anything. The low traffic would make this question go away quickly unless 243 people voted it a helpful question then it stays on top. That way everybody gets to see this wonderful question.

• It's just another thing GaG can add to make your pages load slower. Muahahaha!

• Basically yes. I can understand this change, it's probably a way of thanking several users for having helped you out... but I use the word "thanks" or "appreciate this, it helps!". Words say more :-)
    But if there's a yes option there'd better also be a no option.

• GAG used to have an up & down vote on questions. People must have gotten hurt over it so now you can only up vote.

• Well I must say that the up- and downvoting was not really used in a serious way... I didn't even pay attention to it and rarely used it except to do someone a favour.

• I don't pay attention to the up& down votes on comments either.

• Fucking useless

• i clicked yes... maybe you get an extra Xper if someone clicks it was :-P

• It's just to show if people liked the question or not

Since you can up vote or down vote a question, this is sort of a way to get feedback on your question and how much people liked it

• If i ask a question about sexual health! And others too dont know the answer they can go see opinions... if they fibd it helpful thet will click yes...

• They wanna be special?

• Admins are doing what they want, without hearing any suggestions, feedbacks by the gagers... :/

• This website grows more and more fail every month. XD

• It's stupid.

What Girls Said 5

• I just dont see the need for it, just thank people by words, and we dont need it, by the way its a question we can find helpful? Its not standing below the opinions, but below the question, so shouldn't the answers be helpful instead of the question...

• Well, I don't think it is a big deal. The admins are just trying new things. Just give it some time.

• I'm not getting the point of it?

• Of my question or the Was it helpful thingy?

• @Chick180

voting ranks opinions
      MHO is awarded to best opinion

Perhaps valued questions will float to the top regardless of the amount of traffic the generate.

most extreme example:

• Me too. hahaha lol

• I voted c. What is this new thing even for?

I'm so confused. I hope gag makes a take on this. @girlsaskguys

• I think it is pointless, how can other peoples questions be helpful to me. ts them that need the help.