How do we follow people? I apparently am following over 200 people but have never hit a follow button? is it because I answer many of their questions?

just wondering how we follow people? i am apparently following over 200 people but i have never pressed a follow button anywhere. i also get new followers all the time. is it just if you answer someone's questions a lot...?

Most Helpful Guy

• I see some reasons:

1) Haven't you confused between the people who're following you ("followers") and those you're following ("following")?

2) Were you already on GAG before "friends" changed to "followers"?
    I think our friends automatically became followers than... could they be from that age?

3) It could be the bug of bugs haha. I'l check out if I have 300 now...

• 1 - nope both numbers are high haha
      2 - im pretty sure that's what it is
      3 - I don't think its a bug haha

:)

• Yeah I assumed it would be 2... you know, you've always shown profile pics with this naturally enthousiastic smile and that attracts people, it says something like "I love you all!".

What Guys Said 6

• The only way is:
    "You can go to the member’s profile and click Follow.
    If, at any point, you would like to stop following someone, simply click Unfollow from their profile page or your Following list.
    You can also hover your mouse over their username on questions/opinions and click the plus sign to Follow them."

Either it is bug or we both know.

Better contact admins for that :- http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

• I miss the old system where you had friends instead of followers. Following is so cold and impersonal and it doesn't really spark any interactions. It used to be so nice to log on and see you made a new friend.

• seriously? you never pressed the follow button? that's weird.

• Thats strange...
    i follow people because i like their opinions/questions/advice
    but i have to click the follow button!
    kind of weird

• You prob just clicked it by accident trying to scroll up on your iPhone. Happens to me all the time. And the block button

• Is it possible they're from back when gag had the friend system and you just accepted their friend request?

What Girls Said 3

• You can only follow someone by actively following them from their profile. Although it's also possible if you hover over a someone's username, in the top right corner of the little pop up box, you can follow someone that way as well. However, in both instances, you have to actually click "follow." So, if you honestly haven't followed anyone yourself, it must just be a glitch or something.

• I never pressed follow either and found myself following 50 people

• Are you sure?
    I'm only following 3.