Why so many people are easily offended here?

I saw many questions asking "Is blah blah blah offensive?".
While actually, those questions or arguments are just like "I think a specific race/ethnicity's butt is ugly", "I like the girls of a specific race/ethnicity", or "I feel people of a specific race/ethnicity are annoying BECAUSE OF THEIR OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. Then, those questions became "racist questions".
Why? Those questions did not say anything like "I think a race/ethnicity is inherently genetically inferior", but just claimed to think a specific race/ethnicity to be more/less attractive/annoying/blah blah, BECAUSE OF THEIR OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, or CULTURAL PREFERENCE.
What's wrong? Huh? Why political correctness can rule this website?
I mean, if a question uses ethnic slurs like "White Trash", "Niggar", "Chink", "Jap", "Jewish pig", it is offensive. But those aforementioned ones did not, nor had any meanings of discrimination.
America is founded based on the Bill of Rights, and one of the most important amendments is the 1st Amendment, which protects the freedom of speech, even those claims are not wrong.
So please do not ask those questions again, OK?

Most Helpful Girl

• Casue labelling everything as racist/racism is the new trend, ain't you knowing, racist anon?

• I am not racist, anon.

• There you go, fun killer.

• Oh, sorry. I did not read carefully

Most Helpful Guy

• you can't expect much more on a website.

What Girls Said 2

• First off, you obviously have absolutely no clue what freedom of speech even means. Freedom of speech means the GOVERNMENT can't punish you for what you say. It doesn't mean other people don't have the right to be offended. It doesn't mean that you will not face any repercussions whatsoever for what you say. In fact, it is freedom of speech for other people to state the fact that your opinion offends them. So please, never ever use that idiotic argument to justify bigotry again.

Now, on to the actual issue. Making generalizations based on race is still racism. Things like thinking certain races/groups of people inherently have some kind of negative trait is what is so often used to justify far worse racism, and where such worse racism stems from. So it is still offensive, and it is still harmful. So people being offended by generalizations or stereotypes is absolutely reasonable, and using stupid arguments about "freedom of speech" is an idiotic justification for racist behavior.

• If you are asking to delete those questions, that is a violation.
      By the way, over-generalization is a direct sense of their personal experience, not racism.
      Be intellectual, not stupid.

• Of course they have the rights to be offended, but if the website removes the topic because those people feel offended, that is violation for the freedom of speech. Understand, White liberal?
      And let me you my "over-generalizatoin": I feel more unsafe and more likely to think they he be a criminal when I see a Black or Hispanic, than when I see a White or Asian. Here is my "over-generalization", and I do not feel shame on making it, unless some groups improve their behaviors.

• "If you are asking to delete those questions, that is a violation."
      No, no it's not. Did you not read what I literally just said? It's even in caps. GOVERNMENT. The GOVERNMENT can't regulate freedom of speech. Last I checked, this website was privately owned, and thus does not have to comply with the first amendment.

When that over-generalization is based on race, it's racism. Definition of racism: "1. the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races. 2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race."

Unless you're really bad at English , that should make it pretty damn clear that any kind of stereotyping based on race does indeed constitute racism.

And what's your point about the black ghettos? That they're not good places. Well duh, but that's because so many black people live in poverty. And you know why that is? Because racism.

• I'm not American so.

What Guys Said 1

• I continually wonder why the N-word is so offensive. There's nothing you can say to me that will get me as worked up as blacks do when it's said, but (only when you are not black?). Things that usually provoke strong emotional reactions in people are usually truthful statements that they lie to themselves about (e. g., calling a "fat" person fat, a "less attractive" person ugly, etc.), but sensitivity to the N-word and the excuse of "racism"... it makes no sense to me.

• Historical context. Historically, it's been used as a highly derogatory word for black people, and even now some people use it that way. So obviously, it carries a highly negative connotation and many black people will be sensitive to its use.

"Things that usually provoke strong emotional reactions in people are usually truthful statements that they lie to themselves about"
      Or, you know, words that have been used to insult and bully them or people like them in the past. Words that carry a major negative meaning for them.
      "There's nothing you can say to me that will get me as worked up as blacks do when it's said"
      Are you a member of any historically oppressed minority groups?

• Yes/No. What does this have anything to do with your point?
      I like and respect the counterargument, thanks for keeping it emotionally stable.

"Words that have been used to insult and bully them or people like them in the past."
      If you openly accept yourself as a person, not as a black or white or Asian or whatever, you don't get mad when people use words like that because you realize that they are insulting themselves more than they are insulting you. Additionally: No black person, no black person's great-grandparents have any attribution to have personal connections to the word. It's culturally transmitted, personally received.

Additional argument: Native Americans
      Get to know one well enough personally to be able to talk about this stuff and your opinion will change. They have just as much reason (historically more so IMO) to feel victim to racism.