Do you feel greatly limited in your freedom in using this website because you can see a bunch of questions that you cannot answer based on your sex?

This new update is so wonderful, I clicked 5 questions and all of them were set to "girls only".

Why the hell do I even see these on my feed? It is not like I care, I cannot answer it. Ugh. This will make navigating this website a living hell.

• YES I can barely use the website anymore because half of the questions I see are sexist and limiting
  • NO I actually haven't even noticed that I cannot answer like half of the questions for whatever reason
  • I don't know maybe this is actually a good feature and we will see if it is horrible or not
  • THIS CHANGE IS SO BAD I MIGHT EVEN LEAVE THE SITE
  • something something something
I was actually so ticked off when I saw this that I wrote a take about it: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a9054-on-the-seventh-day-gag-said-lo-sexism-be-rampant-in-this-place

I still am ticked off by it, by the way. This is a horrible decision in my opinion.
I'm sorry I had selected MHO! I forgot that I had this featured and that it hadn't been featured yet - but I still care about your input! Really! That's why I featured it in the first place, haha.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is stupid meson and almost all admitted it. but it seems GaG doesn't want to change it as they consider it giving more personal freedom to members.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, it's a GREAT option. It's TOTALLY difficult to ignore people whose opinions you don't want.
    Even if you think that only a girl can answer the question you have, you never know what a guy might have to say that might be just what you need, and vice versa.
    I really don't appreciate this. One of the few great things about GAG is that you can answer and have answered questions about almost ANY topic as long as you haven't pissed off the asker.
    It's just the latest miatake in a slew of errors. If there weren't about five people that I find really entertaning I'd have been gone a long time ago.

• "Sorry you selected MHO"
      What am I not good enough?
      Just kidding haha
      I'd like to add that I do appreciate people taking time and working to make GAG better, I just don't think this was a good thing.

• I feel bad now for two reasons.
      1. I alluded to a "slew of errors," and now I can't remember what those were, so I may have just been feeling like a dick at the time.
      2. I misspelled *mistake*

What Girls Said 7

• Do you feel greatly limited in your freedom in using this website because you can see a bunch of questions that you cannot answer based on your sex?
    No because there were already a bunch of questions that I 'could not' answer based on my sex since QAs were asking for one gender's opinions.

E. something something something

I think it's a good feature and useful to getting relevant opinions to one's questions.

• I've kind of been purposefully ignoring the single gender questions unless it's some sort of personal wellness question. As people get fewer responses, maybe they'll decide to keep things more even.

Right now the feature is new and fun. I think we'll see it's use decrease as people get more used to it.

• Kind of - I'd rather if they just did it so that we can't even see the questions that our gender can't answer.

Hahahaha Ironically enough - Girls ask Guys became a sexist site! xD

uk.eonline.com/.../...t-GIF-season-1-episode-5.gif

• You shouldn't be seeing questions that are not open to your gender's opinions on the feed. If you do, there must be a problem :) please send a message with a screenshot. Thanks.

• I agree this gender blocking has got to end. It's just wrong. Whats next age blocking?

• It is not a bad thing to me at all

• What if someone where to make a question specifically about you but eliminate your gender from responding so you couldn't tell them to fuck them self. lol You wouldn't have your day in court so to speak...

• I keep the guys and girls option available, because I could get good answers for both. I don't really care.
    Some girls only want girls to answer because its a girls' thing, guys... I don't know lol!.
    Anyway nothing changed that much in my opinion.

• Yeah, now that othergender-specific questions are hidden from the feed.

• It annoys me for the simple fact it prevents me collecting xper points. Plus, i have good advice to offer some people, because i can relate to what they are asking about. They limit advice from others, so that is their loss.

What Guys Said 23

• is this a new thing?

damn... sorry but i don't like it... i believe it makesthe site kinda limited basically

• As I've said many times, it literally defeats/changes the purpose of the site. I'm fine with them doing it as a concept, but it should be separated into a completely different website. Or at least a subsection of GaG that you have to specifically enter, not forced upon you at login.

• 9 days late but i think they updated it so that if its gender specific then the gender not being able to answer can't see the post, BUUUTT i only noticed that in recent questions. it still shows up on live feed if someone answered it that im following.

• It's sexist

• I don't think gender blocking is so bad... for now.

Like you, my only gripe is that questions I can't answer, are showing up in my feed. #Pointless

• Furthermore (to the MHO), you can't even guarantee the gender of the person behind the account.

• Thanks for the feedback... I understand your pain :) This is a new feature and your feedback is very important. In fact, we'll implement a new feature to identify which posts you can post even before you click on them... very soon...

• I actually like this feature. If there were an age restriction feature for answering questions I'd like that, too.

• If your primary purpose on this website is to get as few opinions as possible, then that is indeed wonderful.

• Obviously you don't like it. I like it because sometimes I want to solicit opinions from only one sex. If it's a controversial topic, this helps prevent unsolicited opinions from hijacking the question. If the asker isn't interested in my opinion as a guy, it saves both of us from wasting time.

They show up in the feed so you can read what people have to say.

If you feel strongly about the topic, you can post a myTake about it.

• And so I did www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a9054-on-the-seventh-day-gag-said-lo-sexism-be-rampant-in-this-place

I also featured this question, although that'll take a few days to be active

Until then, I think I'll take a break. There's no point in navigating a website where your opinion is not wanted.

• In the past I've read plenty of questions directed at men and a woman gave the best answer, and vice versa.

The way I see it, if the questioner wants to reduce the amount of helpful information and feedback by 50% it's their own damn fault.

• I actually like this feature, A LOT. I mean, i hate it when i wanted opinions from girls, but i only git like two legitimate opinions from girls and the rest were smart-ass guys or trolls who just put down something random/offensive for the EXPER.

I understand why guys would do that on some questions. So it doesmt bother me if i can't answer it. Plus it doesn't happen to me that much because people only usually use it if its a question that is really important to them. And if there is a question that i feel like i can answer, but they set it to 'girls only', well its their loss, doesn't phase me

• I just think it's awkward because one it's less input and two it's less likely to show up on the feed

• Plenty of times I'd answer questions to girls and the guys opinions would be mostly useless and I imagined a function like that. I'm not sure if it is a good idea and will probably be changed but it's not as bad as you think in my opinion.

From the answering pov, plenty of questions I wouldn't answer because I felt I was unqualified though that didn't stop others. I also have not answered questions because they prevented anonymous responses. That's little better in my opinion.

• Finally an option I find useful !! D is starting to look good. Debating on putting it to use

• It's a good troll toll for building bridges of misery. Someone will find a use for it.

• I understand how you can think it's limited, but by definition, I really don't understand how it's sexist, maybe it could be used by a sexist person, but just by itself I can't see the sexism

• I have only even notices maybe 2 or 3 questions like this, guess I havn'y been paying attention.

I can see how people could be very annoyed by it however.

• Because they are hidden now, the female only ones. They were frickin' everywhere at first. Now we just "don't see them".

• I'll give it a chance, but I have a feeling people will do it too much and they will start abusing it.

• No, it's actually helpful

• Yes, I do. This feature is stupid, unreasonable, sexist, and ridiculous.

• I don't really give a shit. LOL at "freedom".

• Yes and even worse you can't ask more tha 2 questions a day now

• @Mesonfielde - I don't often agree with anything you say here at GAG, but I agree with you on this one.

• No. Just less questions for me to trouble myself with answering (and taking the risk that the QA is batshit crazy). "Freedom" implies something public, and this site is privately owned. You agree to the terms, policies, and format when you create and use an account.

The age old rule of "if you don't like it, don't use it" applies here ;)

But honestly though, it's just GAG. If you're so militant about not being "free" to answer whatever questions you want on this silly site, you have passion for all the wrong things lol

• it was bad choice for them to add this feature
    i believe it's going to become abused within
    due time.