Why do girls with generic profile pictures have less MHO?

As it says filler filler...

Generic= image g@g gives not one you upload
There are exceptions like when the opinion is really good obviously

Most Helpful Girl

• So many people don't know what generic means...

fc07.deviantart.net/.../...y_ivyrose96-d6i4fxx.jpg

I personally haven't noticed this at all but my only hypothesis for it would be that people remember user's faces/personal pictures and remember how they view them and what their usual answers are like. People then can build friendships and people often give MHO's to friends. I guess people like putting a face/distinct picture to a name.

What Girls Said 9

• I haven't observed that.
    I guess I haven't looked close enough.
    But definitely after this question I'll start paying more attention to that to see if I agree with your observations.
    If you observe that to be the truth then there's only one logical guess one could make why that is.
    The people giving it are trusting more when someone reveals their identity, and/or maybe they attracted to that person so they give it.

• I haven't noticed that but it is easier to get close to people when they have a personal picture up. I think people pick mho a lot based on who they know.

• personal bias yes, But I meant like would they chose someone who looked like a thousand others over a unique picture

• I doubt it, but that's just an assumption.

• 0_o I've never noticed.

• What do you mean by generic profile pictures? Do you mean the ones that we choose according to our personality or the ones like mine?

• What do you mean by generic? Just not their faces?

• I don't believe that is true. Majority of my mho are done under being anonymous.

• I haven't noticed.

• I haven't noticed any difference really.

• What does generic mean? And maybe because they don't give helpful opinions.

• Use the picture g@g gives

• Maybe because people don't know them.

Like I really really hate the explorer, and the macho man personalities things for guys.

The colour of them just really pisses me off. Once I even blocked a person with a yellow personality avatar. That colour just really makes me feel so bad.

So maybe Guys feel the same way. And they refuse to beleive women with personality avatars they don't like.

• Simple: It seems like all the guys in here are looking for girls who have sexy pictures as their profile picture. But when you post a simple photo or something not sexy no one give a shit about you. You have sexy photo they will select you as the most helpful even if you don't deserve it! And you will have many followers and a lot of private messages too.

What Guys Said 7

• I think it's partly because they trust advice more when the girl has a picture up. The more anonymous the source, the less most people trust it.

Often the more established users show their faces and they have a higher xper level so people may think their advice is better and they're more likely to have friends on GaG.

Also, generally people who put the most effort into GaG will have their own profile pic.

Also, let's be honest, a lot of the girls who show their profile pics are quite attractive and people are more likely to listen to more attractive people (especially wrt dating).

• cause pretty gurls get shit for free.

bee-tee-dubs that was partially a joke and partially true lol.

• @ixi10 and @prettybrown have generic profile pics but their MHO is above the average basically

• Sorry, but what does MHO stand for? :c

• 21 out of 604

• Oh, figured it out. But I presume that people without generic profile pictures took the time to actually update their profile and fill it out (unlike uhhh.. me) so logically speaking, if they'd take the time to properly fill out their profile on a forum-type site then chances are they take it more seriously, enjoy doing it and do it consistently so therefore would have a higher MHO.

Just guessing though.

• ^ Logical.

• I've looked at opinions from folks who have varying MHO percentages, and I think there is almost no correlation between the MHO% and any other factors.

• I think it's obvious - because the guys fancy them.

• The generic is nothing to do with MHO... :'