Who else hates the new, who you can opinions from option?

I was just scrowlling down the page, was going to answer the question, and oh wait, i can't becuase i'm not a the right gender selected. who else hates it?

• I love it!
  • I hate it
  • I really don't care
  • Results

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 16

• nah... i don't find it useful basically... after all i want opinions from both genders basically

• I mean all they did was ALLOW the option to make the answer gender specific. talk to the people who do it. I mean I did 1, but it was pretty much for that gender to answer. if people do it too much I can see were it can be a problem, but every now and then it shouldn't be too bad (even though I have been bared from giving advice because I'm a guy and the question was for girls, its that persons choice to receive advice from a specific group if they want to.)

So pretty much if you don't like it, don't use it. err sorry if I sounded rude in my answer.

• It can allow some people to make assumptions about the other gender but block them from being able to defend themselves. Not good idea. Also isn't this site supposed to be about opinions from BOTH genders?

• I hear you :) It's a feature that has been requested for a long time... It's for the good don't worry... You have the option to direct your question to a specific gender.. But wait, we forgat something... You should know which question you can post opinion to before even clicking on it... and it will be implemented very soon... Thanks for your input... and keep it coming please

• Could you explain what the "was this helpful?" button is for on questions? I'm a little confused about the purpose of that.

• @xHoneyxBeex helpful button is for users/visitors who find the question useful... They may have already doubts about that topic... and could find the content useful/helpful

• Oh okay, that makes sense then. Thanks :)

• It sucks. They need to tell you ahead of time as well. Otherwise I just read something totally pointless...

• I noticed that questions that start with "Guys," or "Girls," are gender specific only but still it took me a while to catch on to that. they should also take out the fucking opinion box for the gender that can't answer so its easily identified.

• "Was this opinion helpful? If not then fuck you" Ya it is so pointless haha

• It definitely has cut down on the comedic factor...

• I think the admins need to add an option in the settings menu,

to hide questions from your feed in which your gender is "eliminated from answering".

It only makes sense. Please give us our request, @GirlsAskGuys ! :-D

• It doesn't matter to me, if they only want a females opinion so be it, nothing to get all butthurt about.

• It makes no difference.. i just think it's going to become abused
    just like everything else does.

• I honestly didn't even notice until a few minutes ago. I just tell myself that they couldn't handle my awesome advice anyway.

• I hate it too I mean anybody should be allowed to answer a question and if you get at least 10 opinions from one of your questions the question asker gets more points so its the question askers loss to be honest.

• I dont get anything your trying to ask

Whats the new? "Who I can opinions from options"? what does that mean

Dont you review your question before you post it lol

• Stupid and very unuseful, worst update since the million tabs update.

• If the asker want only a certain gender to answer, then why not?

• I did the same thing. I read the question, scrolled down, thought I missed the text box to type in, scrolled back up, saw the question again, saw how it only wanted girls' opinions...

... I'M SORRY I WAS BORN A MAN! D:

• Nope, LOVE IT! Most of my questions are for girls, and I don't care for having dudes troll the topic. I already know what dudes think, so I don't need them lol.

What Girls Said 12

• Are you serious? I didn't actually think this site would ever do that even though some people complained about it. Honestly, this site is going way downhill from what it used to be. I used to love GaG and I still do, but I'm getting pissed of with all of these modifications to the site because they are totally unnecessary. I think this idea/modification is stupid.

• It seems unnecessary. I've asked questions which, at first, I only wanted a certain gender to answer. Then I'd get awesome advice from both genders anyway. Why restrict someone from potentially giving really good advice, just because of their gender?

• I personally don't like it at all.

• It's annoying. And I think it defeats the purpose. But I would feel a bit better if I could actually see beforehand what I'm banned from answering. 4 times now I've been ready to answer a question after taking time to read it and I've been denied. It's frustrating.

• Ehh, don't really care.
    The amount of people actually using it surprised me a bit, but if they don't want me answering their questions then that's fine.
    They could be missing out on some valuable information by restricting it like that, but ah well.
    Their loss.

• I hate it. I understand that some users may only want to hear from males or females to a certain question, but they may also be missing out on valuable opinions and advice that they may not have otherwise gotten from the perspective of a person of the gender they have excluded.

• Just noticed that update. Don't really know why they include that.

• Haaaaaaate it!

• That and the Was this helpful? With only a Yes answer. What's that about? !

• I guess it fine as long as people state whether the questions just for guys or girls in the title so we don't have to click on the questions to find out.

• On the other hand a girl could have really good advice for a question aimed at guys and vice versa

• I hate it! It makes me really sad, I hope they remove it as soon as possible.

• Yea most useless update GAG has implemented.