*please everyone attend*- anybody thinks gender block mechanism is bullshit?

*****************PLEASE EVERYONE ATTEND***************

Anybody thinks gender blocking mechanism is bullshit? We were all here answering questions without trouble or this kind of bullshit and BOTH males and females COULD and WOULD contribute great information in every question, Now that people can block It's just a HUGE turn off. Basically when I see a question that I want to answer and have a great answer for it turned off girls then I LOG OFF and do something else.

And I tell you @GirlsAskGuys this option will JUST make the site WORST and turns people OFF from using your site.

GIVE US BACK our GENDER NEUTRAL questions. This is giving the option to people to DISCRIMINATE a whole gender.

VOTE PEOPLE. Let girlAskGuys see your votes and LET THE ANSWERS FLYYYY.

• I DISLIKE gender blocking
  • I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT YEAAAA

Most Helpful Guy

• I thought it was called "Girls Ask Guys" because girls/guys asked and answered every single question.

So are some parts of the site now Girls Ask Girls or Guys Ask Guys de facto?

Why not just make those extensions/alternatives to this site (separate forums), so GaG can continue to allow both genders on question/answer at all times?

They might even become as popular as GaG someday, but right now gender-restricting it seems counter productive to the site's goals and original values.

• YES MY ANIMUS I AGREE WITH YOU. I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU TOO.

What Guys Said 26

• I always think it's counter productive to restrict the answers to one gender. What's next, restrict the questions by age, country, or race? Everyone should be able to contribute because we all have different experiences and background. If you are a decision maker, the more input you get the better quality of choice you will have.

• EXACTLY. this will LOWER the quality of answers AND will turn off MANY users from using this site.

• yes i dislike that... i consinder it kinda sexist basically...

i believe there's should be no gender and no age limits :-)

• THIS IS SO TRUE KLAATU come let's kiss.

• First off, I'm going to offer a disclaimer: I am not a fan of gender blocking and would rather it go away.

That being said, I don't think that it's entirely a bad thing. If I'm asking a question specifically seeking a female perspective, I really don't care what guys have to say and I'm probably not going to read their opinions in the first place so it's cutting down on misleading notifications that should have been girls telling me that I have a hot bod.(I don't, I kid).

I think that the biggest issue people have with gender blocking is it's potential to be a vehicle for sexism that the offended sex can't defend themselves over and I agree that it's a very real concern. Please bear with me when I say that I don't think that it's going to change much because these questions generally come from two different types of people:

Exhibit A: Asks a question that's blatantly sexist towards gender X, looking to offend someone and get into an argument. They're not going to actually block gender X, because that would effectively do away with the reinforcement that they're seeking; they want you to get pissed and argue with them. They're also generally either trolling or they think that they have a "point" to prove and they need someone to play the "bad guy" in the proceedings.

Exhibit B: Just looking to whine about how terrible gender X's life is compared to gender Y's; these are the people that are going to shut you down and not let you defend yourself, they're victimizing themselves and looking for pity, not confrontation. They're the same people that block you for disagreeing with them and, while I'll concede that arguing with them can be pretty fun, it is essentially futile. You're going to get absolutely nowhere with these people. Plus not every memeber of gender X will agree with them.

Again, I'm not saying that I like it, I'm just trying to find a bit of a silver lining, that's all.

• Also, this could encourage the community to come together more and start a network consisting of "buddies" of the opposite sex that we can post vicariously through. I wouldn't be against someone else PM'ing me what they wanted to say and making sure that their opinion was known on that question.

• I dislike gender blocking but I suppose if the asker is seeking specific response from a group it does offer them that option.

We can't force people to listen if they don't want to I suppose.
    So yeah, as much as I don't like it I can't say more option is bad.

If the asker what to listen to the response from both sexes he. she can always select the "both" option.

• NO. It just gives him/her the option to BLOCK a whole gender when many people could contribute something AND it can even give the option to some Sexist fucking men and women to Ask Sexist fucking questions and block the other gender to stop them from defending. This is bullshit both genders should be free to answer ALL questions and if someone doesn't like a gender to answer he she can fucking leave the fucking site. Gender NEUTRAL mechanism is always the best.

• This is NOT A DORM. People don't wanna LIVE in here. this is a question and answer FORUM kinda like a big fucking seminar a discussion class or etc they want to ask Questions and ANSWER questions. Blocking certain people to answer your questions just KILLS the whole purpose.

• It was an analogy.
      I guess that's why there are Open forum vs Closed forum then.
      It's not entirely closed come on now , it's just that some people are looking for specific response from specific people. There are forums out there who only let you in if you have an invitation you know... anyway I guess that's the option GaG is offering now.

*PS : All my questions are open to both of the sexes and I'm not gonna use the sex-restrictive option.

• i dislike it. i saw a post about how a cousin likes to masturbate with him and one time asked if he could touch his dick. he wanted to know if it was weird. i was going to tell the guy that his cousin is most likely a closet homosexual and probably likes you but couldnt because it was gender blocked.

• YES and these problems will be more and more and MOAR. thanks for sharing.

• I'm not in favour of it... the basis of blocking is far too general: it makes a statement about all girls or guys and that's wrong I think.
    Moreover, just blocking anonymous opinions will often keep the creeps away and I would consider that plus blocking specific users more than enough.

• I dislike the gender blocking... makes users feel more restricted, especially since questions they can't even answer, show up in their feed.

If the gender block stays, at least limit users use of it when they post question (ex. three questions in a seven day span)

• I dislike it a lot, just because your a different gender than what the question asker is looking for doesn't mean you don't have a valid answer. If everyone dislikes it and is smart enough they will just allow both genders till the bug is fixed.

• It's really not that serious. If the question asker wants to be an ass and only allow a certain gender to answer, let them. If some troll ask "Why are women such whores?"and only allow guys to answer because he knows females will chew him out for it, let it be. You wouldn't wanna answer something like that anyway. If it's also a question you so desperately wanna answer, hell ask it your damn self. I can't believe people take this Internet shit so seriously, losing their fucking mind over a website.

• Okay your thinking is really good n I appreciate that even tho I didn't understand it but I like it😜

• I dislike gender blocking, i feel this will become abused feature
    you have my permission to give my feedback to the administrators.

Thank You,
    JustinCaseUDontKnow

• Quite sexist, and limits people to the knowledge that others may not know

• It's crap. All you have to do is simply ignore the answers you don't want.

• YES YEEEES YEEEEEEEEES.

• hahaha ! Look at the face he used ! "😐" hehe. . . this is one wild ride

• Asker, do you need to borrow my quetiapine? :PP I mean, I don't want it...

• i think its too early for me to say whether i categorically love or hate it. It's only been live for about a day. I need to see how it impacts the questions i ask and other people ask, as well as see how activity holds up over the long term (at least a couple weeks). I'm just iffy about it at this point

• It's kinda useless, preventing one sex from saying their views. I think it should be reverted. 'Nough Said.

• GAG has basically provided another way for users to limit theirselves.
    People don't need any help limiting themselves, we do just fine on our own.

• Yeah i hate it completely. If they really want to add something new, they should introduce GAG mobile application. This is what is required, not this gender blocking.

• Girlsaskguys. com >>> Rename >>> [...] >>> sexist-girlsandguys. com

Done.

GIVE US BACK OUR GENDER EQUALITY!!!

• Yes this is annoying day by day... GAG admins are doing what they want, without knowing n caring what gagers want... ://

• Is it not kind of the point to have an opinion of both genders on a question?

I wanted to answer on a few question but nooooo.

• Of course is garbage. We need another 100 of these questions each day until it's changed back to normal.

• AND THE ASKERS SHOULD ALL BE AS PASSIONATE AS ME. let's fuck?

• Pffff I don't even... I mean, what the fuck it's going on now?

• its like blocking someone and its not helpful

• I like it. Sometimes you dont want/need opinions from both genders. people just dont like change.

• It makes people mad, which is funny.

• Personally I see nothing wrong with it, I actually welcome it.
    I've noticed that whenever I asked questions and wanted just girls to answer guys would put some bs answer just for XP that wasn't at all helpful.

Most of the time I allow both to answer but when I ask a specific question that can only be answered by either only guys or only girls I would like to have that option available.

• Well now when a questions says, girls do you blah blah blah, or guys do you blah blah blah. Now it stays in that circle. Who cares, this site always has the same 3 dam questions all day anyways. "Rate me i'm insecure". "Penis size questions". "I like some one what do i do". Lame lame lame. This site has bigger problems :P

What Girls Said 13

• Kind of defeats the entire purpose of a forum.

• I disagree. It just means the asker is seeking particular opinions, and that's okay.

• I have run into several questions that could have benefit from my experience. I had the exact same situations and learned from them. To be blocked was frustrating when I felt I could answer based on real life experience. As a user who generally tries to he helpful, I think people are missing out on valuable insight by targeting one gender over another.

• I hate this whole gender blocking feature. Sometimes the most helpful answers I was given was from the gender that my question was not aimed at or that I had preferred that they not answer. I have never said that both genders cannot answer my question and I never will. Sometimes the gender that I want to answer my question, don't answer it at all and the other gender that I didn't want to answer did AND guess what? Their opinions were really helpful! Fuck this feature. It won't stop trolling, either. Both genders do it.

• I actually just found out about it from another previous question actually about a few moments ago and like I said I'm not found of it, but it's not that bad.

Before everyone goes off or starts arguing and saying otherwise here me out. I say it's not that bad because apparently too many people aren't found of it anyway so they're not going to do it. Also like I said previously I'm on here 24/7 and at first I didn't even know that they changed it. I answer just about every question and like I said I had no clue because both guys and girls were responding.

Only a few people ever asked questions asking for girls or guys not to respond and only opinions for that specific sex for whatever reason so it'd just going to allow those few people to. get their answers solved from the point of view of that sex... Otherwise trust me it's safe to Sat everyone else enjoys the opinions and comments of both guys and girls.

• I believe it defeats the purpose of the site like @jackkerouac77 already explained in a satisfying way.
    Plus, I want to answer questions about my imaginary dick as well.
    It is my right and my ability to do so.

• It's a terrible idea and I bet it's going to encourage people to set up multiple accounts... one as a man and one as a woman. Some people have already done that but I bet we'll see more of it. :/

• Yes I BET this will encourage people to DO THAT DO DO DO fuck?

• ^ this comment right here, this is pure gold !

• Yes your right gender blocking sucks big time. @GirlsAskGuys are you listening to the members of GAG. End this before the site loses out.

• It kind of make sense though. That way people can ask questions directed at a gender. Like if a guy got a weird rash on his dick and he wants to ask other guys if they ever had that issue but he doesn't want any females commenting on it.

• Just because their not the gender your looking for answers from doesn't mean they wouldn't have a good answer. Suppose a female has a valid answer for the rash on penis question as she has a boyfriend/husband with the same problem.

• @llorando Has a good point I once gave a guy construction advice you now house building. Got Most helpful comment.

• I don't like it, I've been making sure to set my questions to both so both genders can give advice because sometimes the gender your question wasn't directed at ends up giving better advice

I also dislike not being able to answer some questions

• I haven't ran into a question I couldn't anwser yet. But I understand the frustration and I think they should take it off.

• Hate gender blocking, hate age blocking.

• I've done the exact same thing as you do when I see questions I want to answer I used to be on her nearly all day but now I barely touch it

• You're telling me I can block all the men?