What do you think of the new feature to get opinions only from guys or girls?

I understand for polls if someone only wants results from one gender, but I think anyone should be able to give their opinion any subject. What do you think?

• This feature shouldn't exist
  • It should only affect polls
  • I like this feature
  • I'm indifferent
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like if you really want good advice you can't confine yourself to one outlook over and over again because you get trapped in a confirmation bias loop and you never get the opportunity to break away. The votes that don't come from the target audience can send interesting messages.

Like if a girl was to ask about shaving maybe she just wants to ask guys since they don't shave as much right? But there are some guys that shave a lot and most guys shave at least their faces so they can have valuable input too.

I also notice it on questions that are something like "are all dudebro a dumb?" Some girls might say yes but some guys might say yes too showing that dudebros not all guys are dudebros and not all guys like the dudebro culture. Maybe that will help the asker move past their dudebro generalizations and look into exploring more targeted issues.

Every vote matters.

What Girls Said 3

• I think it doesn't serve a purpose and it should be removed.
    Every opinion matters. Or at least that's what I've been told :p.

• Really stupid feature, in my opinion.

• I guess people should have the option but I think it's a chickenshit move, for sure. Why ask a question if you don't want an honest answer?

What Guys Said 1