Gender filters and answerless questions?

Have you noticed that since the gender filter was introduced there are a lot of questions going unanswered?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I have. It's one of the very many cons of the gender filter ^^ I wonder if girls ask guys is trying to cut down on the traffic the site gets? Unanswered questions leave disappointed users. Users unable to answer questions also cause frustration. Frustration leads to people going else where D:

What Girls Said 5

• A handful of questions have always gone unanswered, but yeah, it doesn't surprise me at all that even more questions now go unanswered because of the filters. I sort of predicted this when the update happened.

@GirlsAskGuys seriously, get rid of that feature. It's pointless, and does absolutely nothing to help site activity. Restricting people from answering questions they want to answer is stupid. Yes, while you might lower the amount of trolling with this feature, you're also effectively lowering the amount of potentially insightful answers. Plus, like the asker pointed out, even more questions go unanswered now because of this silly restriction. I thought this site was supposed to encourage people to answer questions freely.

• Yeah, I've noticed that. Keeping 50% of the members from answering will do that. I hate this update.

• yes i have noticed.

• Yea I sure have @GirlsAskGuys are you listening?

• They are killing themselves; I'm afraid that if they do nothing, the site will cease.

What Guys Said 4

• They should really get rid of the whole restricting a gender from answering thing.

The biggest pet peeve of it is that it comes up in my news feed, I go to read it, then find out I can't post in it. So all I see it as is a buncha questions coming up in my feed that I can't answer.

• unfortunately yeah... traffic has slowed down basically after the last update :-/

• I don't have a problem with that. If we don't offer positive reinforcement to people that use the gender filter, they'll stop trying to use it and we'll pretty much be back to where we were again.

• i haven't really noticed, but the update will probably bring activity down a bit