Have you ever blocked anyone?

I've never blocked anyone, I don't see the point. If I don't want to talk to someone then I can just ignore them... If you have,how come?

• Yes I have
    85% (34)54% (19)71% (53)Vote
  • No I haven't
    15% (6)46% (16)29% (22)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I guess it's quite often younger girls who can't handle the (very small number of) thirsty guys.
I've just started correcting the grammar on creepy messages and then they leave me alone 😂

1|1
21|21

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 20

• No one should be subject to harassment on their Opinion
    basically when someone harasses me on my Opinion i block them
    i found a some had me blocked and was unblocking to down vote me
    well i blocked them in return, this one was on here catfishing people
    she's gone now but we had differences so she blocked me and
    i blocked her, some will block you for no apparent reasons or cause
    they can't down vote you..

2|0
    0|0
  • I haven't blocked anyone here but on other sites I have obvious scammers and people who take 3rd message as a proposal but since I am not a young girl, it is not that big a problem for me. If anyone was just plain rude I wouldn't give them the pleasure of acknowledging their existence by blocking them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been blocked by feminists and MRAs, but I haven't blocked anyone. Just seems pointless to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't blocked anybody. I kind of expected people having different opinions and spamming ever since I joined here anyways. And it's kind of ironic that you can be so exclusive in a support site, it doesn't make any sense.

1|0
    0|0
  • Can you block someone IRL in an argument? probably not right, so that is why I never block anyone on here

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, I never block someone for disagreeing with me, just for spamming me or being extremely offensive.

• No. I can't say I have. No one wants to be my nemesis...

Quite tragic actually

1|0
    0|0
  • If they block me I try and block them like your my boss unblocks me just so she can down vote me

0|1
    0|0
  • yes 9 people in total basiclaly

0|1
    0|0
    • Are you trying for a catchphrase, bro?

You've been saying "basically" at the end of every comment lately.

• Basically, it's an awesome word and technically he didn't type it, because he spelt it wrong 😋

• @maskedsanity

i_used_it_bef0re_as_well, but_lately_i_decided_to_use_it_at_the_end_of_every_comment... basically.

by the way, now_that_my_space_key_is_out_of_function_it_seems_im_gonna_develop_another_new_style_with_underscores... basically

• I only block people who block me... so far one has

1|0
    0|0
  • One person for being annoying.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yup, I've blocked a few people. Mainly girls. Because they inbox me weird stuff and I've had catfish trying to seduce me and stuff like that..

I'm not stupid lmao, they think I'm easy prey, but I'm not.

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha sometimes a girl's idea of hello is a weird thing, I'm sure you've found plenty of normal people too though :)

• Show All
    • Haha that is kind of weird, if she wanted to talk to you she should have messaged you!! 😄

• Awkwardness at it's finest.

• Yeah, few people are blocked.

Some desperate creepy people should know that i am not here for sexting, nudes etc.

0|1
    0|0
  • im pretty sure the whole blocking thing was made for girls

0|3
    2|1
  • Yeah. 2 people, they blocked me first so I blocked them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not on this website, but I've tried blocking my ex numerous times, but failed to leave it blocked since I often times was the one reaching out anyways.

I facepalm every time I do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • i sure have. Most of the time though, i only block someone if they block me first

0|1
    0|0
  • A couple people.
    One was trying to sell me on some dating sight and the other was just offensive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, never have.

People know how to respect me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes but i'd rather not

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but never actually because they annoy me.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 21

• Only creepy people that message me about shaving their ass and sending me penis pics.

2|3
    0|0
  • I have 7 people blocked all except one have asked if I'd skypd, send pics or something similar. I am blocked by at least 3, 2 i don't know why.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've blocked people on Facebook so they couldn't so easily follow me and track my every move. Also nice to simply never get a text from certain people ever again. No need for them to come randomly popping up in my life whenever they feel like it. I'm an over-thinker, so when someone texts me out of the blue, I try to figure out why. If it's from someone I'd rather block, I think too much about someone who hurt me. I'd much rather avoid the whole process.

1|2
    0|0
  • Yes I have blocked some. I unblocked a few people just right now, I felt like they didn't deserve to be blocked after all :-)

1|0
    0|0
    • Guess looking back on it afterwards it feels different :)

• At present time I have no one blocked.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes. I have 2 people on my block list.
    One of them was spouting that they were going to get the last word on my opinion and eff me and blah blah blah so I said my piece and blocked them.
    I don't remember the other one, but it was probably a similar situation.
    I don't know why people get so butt hurt over people blocking them. Move on with your day. People shouldn't care that much.

0|2
    0|0
    • I hear you 🙌 you seem reasonable so they've obviously done something!!

• Nope, not a single user.

Only time I'd feel like blocking someone is if I got spammed. Hasn't happened yet.

0|1
    0|0
  • Have never blocked anyone here before

1|0
    0|0
  • No I've block like 5 guys for harrassing me sexually. One is really bad and keeps creating new profiles so he can talk to me. That's why I changed my pic to spongebob

1|2
    0|0
    • Seriously, that's weird!! Why would he do that, I'm loving the sponge bob though 👌

• Show All
    • Report him

• @jmmmfi I have and I sent a message to girlsaskguys. But if he gets his account canceled he will just make a new one the come message me again

• Yea 21 but I know just ignoring is an option but blocking feels so much better, its like relief. I also use it when things get awkward. I wish I could actually block people in real life

1|1
    0|0
  • Lots of douchebags!

1|0
    0|0
  • I have blocked many many people on Facebook, exes, crappy frienemies, thirsty creeps etc .
    I block these people because i don't want them in my lives, i don't want them knowing what's going on in my life. Being stalked all over your profile isn't a good thing, unless you're a girl fishing for attention.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do block people if they ask something "flirty". If they say hi or something in a friendly manner, I correct their spelling, punctuation, and grammar. I'm surprised to hear that you also correct peoples grammar, but it sure is effective!

0|0
    0|0
  • I have. A guy kept sending me appropriate messages. Blocking him was the only way to stop getting them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, stalkers.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, one girl I didn't like and a couple guys who were perverts

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah, creepy men

0|1
    0|0
  • I have, normally I can just ignore it, but when you get someone (an ex) who calls you once every 20 minutes, its time to block them and get a restraining order don't you think :)

0|0
    0|0
    • In that situation, I understand completely. Mine was mainly in reference to GaG but in real life my stance would be different.

• I've blocked at least one person on every site I have an account on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, he pretty much stalked me on here. Always messaging me and asking for pics of my legs lol :P

0|0
    0|0
  • I do it sometimes to gain control

1|2
    0|0