What happens when you vote someone up or down?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing. It's just a way of showing that you agree or disagree with what someone had to say. It doesn't affect anyone's Xper in any way.
    It may have an effect on how a Most Helpful Opinion is automatically chosen by the system (if the QA waits too long and never chooses it themselves), buut I'm really not sure what all goes in to that.

What Guys Said 6

• I think it affects the 'automatic mho' selection if the asker doesn't pick one after 30 days.

Other than that, nothing. At least I hope not because I often accidentally downvote opinions when I'm just trying to scroll through them with my thumb on my phone...

• If the person you're upvoting is a man, you're giving him a boner
    If the person you're upvoting is a woman, her nipples get hard.

If the person you're downvoting is a man, he goes flaccid
    If the person you're downvoting is a woman, her nipples get soft

• the world ends

• Nothing at all

• You get cookies

• Its just 'like' and 'dislike' button.

What Girls Said 11

• Nothing happens. It's simply a way to express agreement or disagreement with a particular users' opinion. However, some users here abuse it and just use it to troll or down vote the people they don't like.

• If you upvote them, they get pleasant dreams at night.
    If you downvote them, they get nightmares.
    So choose wisely. :3

I am joking, absolutely nothing happens.
    We used to get +1 point for every upvote in the past but we don't get them anymore.
    ;_;

• a magic number appears:)

• The world will explode.

• Nothing happens as far as I know.

• Nothing happens.

• Hi, It's more for users to get an anonymous poll on how others reacted to the opinions and if they liked it or disliked it. However, on your profile page there is a quotation, one that is picked from the top 10 up voted opinions you have posted.

• Basically... Nothing.

• Nothing. It's just a way of showing what you think about the answer.

• A fairy dies

• If you get too many "downs", GAG strips you of your ANON cloak AND the ANON from all the previous questions & comments you made so all will see WHO YOU really are