Getting GaG blocked. Is it a backhanded compliment?

When someone blocks you on GaG, it really just proves you've made a big enough impact that people actual notice what you say. Right? Its like getting followed.
No? I'd much rather have followers than blockers.
How about you? Do you consider getting blocked as some funky sort of accomplishment?

• if I get blocked I feel like a GaG badass
  • I cry if I get blocked
  • f u all! I dont give a f what u think!!!
  • I just use GaG to get the gift card so I can order live lobsters online.
  • I am a lobster.
GaG has at least one dozen lobsters as members. Hmm.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you block me, you are blocking your idea of who I am. You probably think me an evil or resentful person whose opinions should be blocked, and thus that is your right. However it is still not me you are blocking. It is your idea of me.

www.wisdompills.com/.../

What Girls Said 10

• I don't care/It's not even worth to be thinking about it.

• Yup. Definitely. Probably not even worth answering this question. :-P

• I don't even know what's worthwile anymore ;_;

• Same! (This is obvious by the fact that I'm on GaG so much)

• Damn, I clicked too early in the poll and didn't see the lobsters.

Some people I just know will block me, they cannot handle views that don't agree with theirs so they block anyone who might challenge them, the random people who I don't even know blocking me? Yeah... I'm a badass... Ha!

• I don't think much of it at all. If they can't tell me why they blocked me, it's none of my business & I'll carry on with my day just like that.

• I block trolls and people who want to go back and forth with me or stalk my other posts after I have dismissed them. I've been blocked speaking the truth and I don't get mad about it because I have already said whatever it was that I felt was on my mind.

• I block people simply because I don't care to read what they write in comments when I post an opinion. I think you're giving them too much credit, has nothing to do with how they effected me, I just don't bother to deal with idiots or trolls.

• I don't really care, people will like you or they won't
    if someone blocked me, that's there problem and they are not worth
    thinking about

• I've blocked 81 people and quite a few anonymous questions. I've found a few people that blocked me and I just blocked them right back. Their loss. It's not my fault they can't handle the awesomeness that this Enderman is.

• i have a pleasing personality, i never get blocked! i have blocked 2 people though

but if i did, i will constantly evaluate my actions for the next 20 decades
    why on earth should anyone even remotely, for a second consider that to be a compliment?

• Well I don't know who has blocked me and whoever has, umm okay. I personally haven't pissed anyone off like that were they like have and told me. So I don't know, if someone has it's probably because they secretly hate me. Why? I have no clue. Do I care? Probably not. :)

• Hmm I got 158 on my list. ;). I won't provide a explanation. Some of the people answering you in depth are people, I have blocked.

What Guys Said 17

• None of the above option suited me.

I've been blocked by 3 girls and one guy out of which 1 girl not just unblocked me but is now following me.

One of them blocked me because I wanted to debate on her religion and she didn't has the answers.
    Other one did it mistakenly and I don't give a F because she used to waste my time.
    I don't know why that guy blocked me, I was giving opinion on a question & I received notification that you have been blocked by this guy & I was LOL who is this?

Anyway, I want to say
    fc03.deviantart.net/.../...ayeshmantha-d5pflm5.jpg

I never blocked anyone because I like to banter & I am interested in changing their views & to learn something ofcoursse.
    However, there is one GAGer in my block list.
    "If you made it to the YourFutureEx's block list, you don't have right to live"

• Well, no. I block for oddball reasons sometimes. There are strange names on my list. Maybe they were being total jackasses or they seemed like totally unreasonable people with insurmountable biases.

All I know is, the list might as well be bigger.

FUUUUUUUU!111

• Good to know.

• "total jackasses or they seemed like totally unreasonable people "

TEST

• @Ihave2fart

Well it's 14 minutes past the hour and I'm drinking bottled water. TIME TO BLOCK SOMEONE!

• doesn't bother me, in some cases it just means someone doesn't like me on the internet lol. but my haters are retarded hahaa.

• Makes sense. You're hard to dislike.

• they must not be fond of Swifties.

• @Ihav2fart I've only ever seen like 2-3 girls on here who listen to Taylor Swift, the rest hate the fuck out of her lol.

• i feel like that i'm doing sth wrong if i get blocked basically

unless someone blocks me without a reason like @crazyincalifornia did

• If you said something that made someone so angry that they blocked you, it means you made them feel something. It's the same as them getting a big ass smile for what you posted.

So it's good to know you had some impact on their life.

• I voted C), because I get blocked by random overly religious people all the damn time.

• Ya, there are some touchy folks who can't handle differing opinions. I think its healthier to hear other views. So I won't be blocking you. :-D

• Yeah that's true cause you hurt them so much that they block you and it proves how sensitive they truly are I've been blocked by like at least 18 girls and only like one guy. I think I hold the record for person who has been blocked on GAG most lol.

• i think when people face pain, they tell themselves its not a rejection of some sort lol

i get blocked for not being politically correct. people are sheep!

• I block no one! i dont mind people blocking me. I'd block me if i werent me

• I thino I've been blocked twice, at the most haha
    I'm not sure I'd consider it a compliment.
    If someone blocks you just because they consistently disagree with you, then it's frustrating that they won't discuss it with you, and if they block you because you annoy them, then it kinda makes you wonder what you did.
    Unless I alresdy think the person'so an asshole, then I don't care ;D

• I haven't blocked anyone yet. It's rather hard to out-debate me (even though English is not my native language), since I tend to back myself up with facts and/or likely assumptions, not emotions/beliefs.

When I get blocked, I feel flattered. Basically it means that my words are true and the opposition cannot really counter them, while outright insults may have unpleasant consequences from GaG admins.

• It is true. Many people block when they have no good response in a debate. Kinda sad.

• I don't need to worry, I almost never get blocked, so far I've only been blocked once that I know of.

• Same! But I can't figure out why I'm blocked because I've never talked to this one basically.

• I don't really notice who blocks me except a couple of instances. I don't block anyone anyways, so I don't care what it possibly means if that makes sense

• No, sometimes people block others just to prevent them from influencing, annoying, to be more accurate, them.

• Um no. Blocking simply means you don't wanna hear back from them. I'm so glad they put that feature on YouTube because there are so many keyboard warriors there that don't stop spamming you until they feel "they've won"

• Meh, I was only blocked once and found out when I went to upvote them, they're clearly fucking insane as they write in a series of phrases and in a bullshit whimsical poetic manner so I let them off.

• Fuck 'em all!