Why do you post anon?

I've always wondered this, why do some people choose to post anon on this site. I mean most if not all of these/those people never show their faces around here anyway, right? (generalizing/exaggerating )

In 1 way or another everyone on this site is ANON, unless they're exposed/tracked by a legit HACKER, right?

I see a lot of posts on this site that were nothing special, offensive, personal etc. So I always wonder, why did ___ post it ANON then?

Hell, even then, why would it matter unless they know you IRL, how your face looks OR are you just trying to hide a/your USERNAME'S rep, that has no special meaning behind it expect for when you're on GAG? Why do you post anon?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes i post anon when I'm commenting on sexual questions to avoid more thirsty/creepy/old dudes from slidin in my inbox

What Girls Said 19

• I don't know... Even my sweetest replies are under anonymous, but the ones when I curse people out are not. hmmm... interesting.

www.technobuffalo.com/.../...D1qztc63o1_r2_500.gif

• I love that mindset ^^

• I only ever post anon if I'm sharing a lot of personal, intimate information. I usually post without being anon though.

• Yup i agree and i do see ya arouind a lot ^^

• Most of the time, it's because the question is sexual. I've gotten some disturbing messages as a result of answering those questions. Sometimes I go anon just because I get nervous about some of my opinions being stupid or strange, haha.

• Oh, and sometimes a question/opinion mentions details that might be kind of unique to my situation, and I'm weirdly terrified of someone I actually know finding me on here!

• LOL Agreed and I hear a lot of GAGirls say that ^6

• I've had experience in the past of people going through my posting history in search of something I've said elsewhere to use as ammunition in an argument with me.

So if I'm commenting something that may be controversial/result in an argument, I might post anon so I don't have to deal with some fuckwit being all, "HURR DURR, well you've never had a boyfriend so you're obviously ugly!"* in an attempt to discredit my opinion.

*obviously they'd have worse grammar, but still.

• 1st i don't blame them for doing it (finding the stuff to call you out on ___)

2nd I agree that those people, in general can be annoying NOT FOR ME because I always say the same things on here anyway lol

3rd Yeah I see why ya do it now SAME goes for when people say that your opinion doesn't matter because you're a MINOR on GAG... to the under 18 users lolol

• to avoid follows/private messaging.

• Get more answers sonetimes

• I don't know, I never do.

• I don't either but when i so I MAKE IT WELL known that it's me LOL... well aslong as they can read my GIF/MEME

• Sometimes I just don't want others to know I'm online. There's more reasons. Most have already been stated.

• I was wondering could you hide yourself offline somehow LOL

They need to add that ^6

• Only if your account is private. I remember a time in which it didn't show the last hour you were active.

• I Think I get you @the last part of what ya said ^^

• Haha I LOL'ed so hard! 🙈

*dies on the floor from laughter*

• I post anon when I don't want others to know something personal about me.

• Tajikara!!! I use anon to go under cover -_^

• We need to make you a GIF ^^... we gone talk about it later ^^

• So no one knows I posted that opinion

• Why do you go anon but reveal yourself? Lol

• Because I NEVER post ANON and I mean never. I'm sure you've seen me use my MEME of an MISTninja with no words, right?

Then I worded it (that MEME) AND NOW I"ve got GIF in place of those 2 things

So even when I'm ANON I"m not ^^

Just like a ninja in the sense of me being THERE but also NOT there in the same sense.

• WOW isn't this a grand question coming from some unknown anon guy? A little hypocritical don't you think?

• I posted anon just for you !!!

• Thank you, thank you milady LOL

• Anytime dude ^

• Because then I will only be blocked from posting on that particular question, and not forever.

• LOL SO FUCKING TRUE and that is the best thing about being ANON now ^6

• Haha it's almost the only reason for being anonymous ^^

• Learn about my blocked users. Get close to my enemies...

• I only post anon troll questions, this helps me to determine who the nicer genuine gager are. I disregard any future opinions they have.

I sometimes answer in anon so i don't get creepers messaging me after i post on certain questions. If i believe i am answering a troll question i may also go anon

• Sounds about right and I know a lot of GAGirls like that

• Oh I know/knew what ya meant to say ^^

So you good ^^

• Ok thanks :-)

• I don't know, I... like having this ability though, I wish I had it in real life.

What Guys Said 15

• is this you @Mistninja314?

• I have done some things that I am not necessarily proud of but the experience has proven to be a great teacher. But I do not want that information attached to some of my other advice. Besides the name Anpu is my pen name and many people know who I am.

• Never thought about it that way

• Cause I'm a little bitch.

Duh.

• I probably would go anon more if I showed my face in my pic. Just because of that general paranoia that someone you know will see your posts.

But I'm basically anonymous anyway, so I don't feel the need to use that feature.

• That's not my style basically. People find some insecurity to reveal their reality or might be scar to comment some inappropriate way but there is no hide, there is no escape for me.
    I knew most of people won't agree with me but that is who I am and I can't change it for someone else.
    Love :))

• Love this response ^^

• Feeling good about your response.
      Hope people will understand and stick to their reality

• I believe anonymous questions should be published after moderator or admin approval. Many of them are useless.

I barely post anonymously.

• LOL that should be the NEXT NEW THING THEY ADD ^^

• I never had the balls to go anon unfortunately #MyLifeSucks

• Only when I'm in the trolling mood, from time to time I'll do it for a good laugh.

• I don't post ANON that way, but I can see why you'd do it like that lol

• Let's all post Anon for a day, and have some good ole fashion drunk party fun.

• I just don't like sharing things about myself.

• Can't argue with that ^6

• I never posted as anon lololol (#^^#)
    s3.amazonaws.com/.../...4756-bd9f-886c02e1329b.gif

Actually, in today's world. People can access various things but they are very ignorant to use them.
    Furthermore, some people just don't want people to make ANY bad impression that 'specific username' just asks irrelevant questions. And some people think that some GAGers tend to ignore some users (not blocking, just ignoring).

And, you can't expect every person to be as smart as you and me who are too cool for anon 😎

• Because I have fans and I can't disappoint them

• Because I don't get answers when I'm not anon. When anon I get answers.

• I need to test that out ^6

• i dont post anon

• I mostly post anonymously because there's lots of insincere bullshit, self image promotion, holier than thou attitude and fake bonne amie on this website and I choose not to be a part of that.

• Yup just like highschool I heard (GAG) ^^

• Luckily, my highschool in England was a dry biscuit! lol