GaGers! What's your reason for following people on here? Like what's the point?

Just curious as to why you do it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't, ahaha.
    Most people do it because they find the person interesting..

I don't follow anyone because I'd have to follow everyone on here..
    People are too chill. xD
    Then, if I follow one person, the same will apply to everyone else.
    Once I start doing something I can't stop.
    So, I'd rather not start to begin with :P

What Guys Said 36

• I follow the people I am interested in reading their activities. Because I am following that specific person, I can easily get notifications of his/her activities in my news feed so that I could check it.

I follow the people who:
    ●Give helpful/sarcastic/insightful opinions
    ●Ask creative/mind bending/light questions
    ●Write proficient myTakes
    ●Extremely friendly yet professional
    ●Suffering from cancer

If a person meets any of the above criteria, he/she would get my following.

• Is there anyone here suffering from cancer?

• Can I tell you in PM about him because it'd not be a good idea to post his details here?

• Umm because I'm becoming/I am like a walking THREAD/question bump LOL

I like their opinions and it's easier to TAG them in a post ^^

• I just follow people who follow me, in continued annoyance they killed how 'friend' used to work, which i preferred. My profile lets anyone message me, but I think following back probably does let them know they can if they were unsure.

• What was 'friend'?

• @Bandit74 as of this second mine appears to be masters, then gurus, then by time posted.

• Well you're on the top for me since I follow you AND you're a master.

However I follow watermelonoma and he's second right after you and he's not a master or guru. He's above klatu and ihav2fart.

• I GAG, therefore I follow.
    No, seriously, I'm not really sure what the point is either. But I do notice that the awesome GAGers that I follow show up in the My Feed column over on the right, so I guess it has something to do with that.

• I don't follow people on here for popularity reasons.

I follow people that are on here for the right reason ie., those who actually provide some knowledge, that I can learn from.

I like reading what the more mature crowd has to say, and I like to get some fresh perspectives on issues from the younger crowd. So I have a little mash of people (women and men) that I find provide good feedback and present good questions.

• I like to give support to people to the best of my ability
    without being negative and i usually follow people who
    follow me i always let people make their decision on
    following me..

• usually i just follow them back basically

• I follow people who give good answers and ask good questions
    and that i have had several convos with on opinion etc

• I follow those amuses me or i find interesting.

• Because your just soo awesome @Chick180 I couldn't just not follow you :p haha
    For shits and giggles, really no meaning unless they follow me first.

• They followed me first. Other than that. No reason.

• it aids you to get closer to the people you choose by showing their activities on your feed so you can engage in a discussion with them.

people add me and i add them back. i use to add people but if they dont add back in 2 days or so, i unfollow them.

i m only down for reciprocating relatinshhips. ain't feeding nobodys ego

• Generally because they follow me and I'd feel bad for not following them back. Except for @Klaatu51 I followed him because he cracks me up.

• They followed me first.
    I like their sense of humor.
    I like their questions.
    I find their answers very interesting
    Having boobs as profile pic (haha, that's trolling)

• to get a feed on wht people are commenting on and also make remarks on their opinions and answer my self to the post..

And legally by a stalker mohahaha

• so the things they post in come into my feed. If i person is a good poster, i often like to participate in the same discussion they are part of

• I follow when I find something the person said interesting.
    Since it makes the person activity show more in your feed is a easy way to check more stuff from the person.

• It's a pointless feature tbh.

• I want to be a cool kid that has a lot of followers and follows a lot of people. I don't have a lot of followers on Instagram or Twitter which I barely use so maybe 3rd times the charm.

• Either because they're attractive or because I like their opinions.

• when i think someone is HOT, like when i followed you and thought you were :)
    another reason is being helpful to me and answering my questions. One last reason is when someone followed me first.
    hope that helps

• Some people are very helpful so I followed, and some followed me and I found I had common things to talk with them so I followed back.

• Cause I see them around a lot and they seem interesting.

• I follow if they follow back, for the most part I'm here for speaking my mind not for "follows"

• I follow whoever I find interesting, after seeing a couple of interesting questions/opinions I do so. Maybe because is easier to find their posts later. Also, I usually (underline) follow back whoever follows me just cause I'm good guy greg type XD

• To have sex with as many exotic beautiful woman as I can!

• My reasons to follow people

-I find them interesting

Thats it this covers it all!

• It's kind of the friendslist system to me wince you can send people messages.

• I will follow soon some interesting ones... :D

• I follow the good looking gurls and the ones that follow me i follow back

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 13

• If I agree with a lot of their opinions I'll follow them to see more of it. There's so many crazy people on here with backwards opinions so finding people who aren't like that at all is nice.
    If they're super nice I'll follow them to see more niceness! It makes me happier than the hate on here

• Makes sense. You usually have smart things to say by the way.

• I feel special now :)
      This is the first time I've seen your face :D
      .. why you hide pretty face?

• @mr90skid you should! I Like your posts.
      Aww thanks. I was worried I would be spotted by someone I know on here but I figured the chances are slim

• Because I like their opinions and following them makes it easier for me to be a creep and read / comment on all their opinions they post.

• Sometimes I'm like "hey, let's follow some awesome people". Then I go following people with good opinions and they often follow me back. I never really pay attention to followers though.

• Moat times it's because they've followed me. But other times it's because I've seen them on several questions and I've found their answers to be interesting. I enjoy following the people I follow. I followed you and look what happened! 😊

• I suppose you can see their feed if you follow them. But I haven't followed anyone. :)

• I have a bunch of reasons ranging from personal to just because they followed me.

• Only people I talked regularly.

• I enjoy reading their comments. I find their opinions interesting and unique so by following them I'll be able to well track their activities.

...

Wow I sound like such a stalker

• Really, it allows me to see what questions they comment on. Some people here answer soo many questions. Most of them are good when my feed is dry.

So question hopping ~
    Oh and sometimes I like to see their opinions on stuff.

• I always forget to follow people. But I sort of have to if they want to message me... Ooops :/

• That awkward moment when you haven't followed a single person.

• I don't follow people.
    I only followed 1 person which was my best friend.

• I follow people who follow me, or people who seem interesting, like you:)