Do you find that the time you ask a question can determine how many answers you get?

Most Helpful Guy

• To some extent. Not every user here lives in or around the USA. We got plenty in Europe and in Asia. But since majority are in the USA, the time you post a question does make a difference in how many responses you will get.

What Girls Said 6

• Of course it does. The majority of people aren't going to scroll through pages and pages of old questions to answer. So if you post at a time when there isn't a lot of traffic no ones going to see it, and by the time the site is busier, your question will be lost with the masses.

• It makes sense. Most people are up around mid-day, so you'd probably get a higher chance of answers as opposed to later at night or early morning.

• I think I tried this site one time in the middle of the night and barely got any answers.

• I have never thought about it much. To be honest I don't think it makes that big of a difference.

• Sometimes, also the day

• Lol yeah of course. Just like how if you want a lot of likes on Instagram, you're not gonna post at 2am haha. Nobody is awake!
    Same concept.

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, this is basic marketing. If you want the most exposure, place your product in front of the most eyes. Purchasing an advertisement spot on a major network during prime time (5-8pm) costs much more than a spot on a small network at 2am.

For a website like this, I'm not entirely sure what days and times get the most traffic. On my websites, I tend to get the most traffic and referrals on Mondays and it tapers off into the weekends. For a social website, weekends may be more loaded although I don't have the data.

Interesting, GaG traffic has increased overall by about 60% year over year.

• Yes. I've been here almost 4 years and there are certain times during the day when it is best to ask questions. How questions are askedn polls vs no polls as well as anonymous vs public are important factors

I won't say when the best times are though :p

• I will say that Saturday afternoon and most of Sunday are the worst days

• mmm never. I just submit and see what happens.

• I may be wrong but I suspect most members are young north americans so timing is probably important.

• Yes definitely, most of mine don't get shit it's aggravating