Do you think GaG is like a beauty contest?

I feel like sometimes the more attractive GaGers get more attention on here thus more credit and popularity.
Does anyone else agree?

• I agree
  • I disagree

Most Helpful Guy

• I think there's some truth to it.

I think plenty of the GaGers at a higher Xper level that I've seen seem to be in relationships and are more attractive. You could be fair and say that's because as they're in relationships, they can give great advice.
    Also, maybe they like to talk about said relationships and don't mind answering questions about it therefore will give more answers that are better and longer than others thus, more upvotes, mh's and more credit.

That said, people certainly are more likely to take advice from more attractive people. I suppose the thinking is that "well I would love a girl that looks like that and so her advice would be best". Also maybe they think that less attractive people would be more desperate and less successful in dating so why take their advice (even if it is better).

Also, more attractive people are more likely to have people be nice to them. How many catfishes have you seen use a terrible picture? They normally pick models off the internet. There's a reason for that. It's more likely to lure people in even if there is no prospect of sex.

I've seen plenty of studies suggesting that more attractive people are paid more and more likely to be hired so it's not specific to GaG.

It's human nature... unfortunately.

What Guys Said 64

• It's all about that bass:
    static.tvtropes.org/.../fat-bastard.jpg

• tsk tsk

attractiveness has nothing to do with it... but experience (aka Xper points)

www.smiley-lol.com/.../napoleon1.gif

• It sounds like you're casting a green eye over something that holds just as true in real life as it does online.

Yeah, attractive people generally treated better. The handsome gentlemen of GaG will seemingly have no issues finding takers to satiate their erect lap rockets. Once on offer is made, there will be a waiting list. It is not so for the rest of us.

That's okay, that's how life works. Natural selection.

As for the women, well, women are unique in that by virtue of being a woman you get a complimentary penis picture, courtesy of some very perverse men across the world. Overall, if attention is what you want, attention is what you get. Now as for getting the attention of the GaG "village chiefs", the leverage works on their side for being handsome devils.

You don't have anything to worry about. If you're not getting attention it's because, well, you're not active enough.

• I just can't deny. If looks didn't matter then I hadn't been asked by GAGers about how do I look hundreds of time while it's just a questions/answers site.

You could check out any open profile of any user (especially girls') you'd find 100+ followers.
    More followers means more recognition.
    More recognition, more popularity.

I don't know what do you mean by credit but it might be possible that the asker generally tend to award MHO who's more attractive/popular. Or might be his/her friend (literally, GAG friend) and the first step to friendship is attraction and it is beauty which leads to attraction. They receive a lot of personal messages where they could request anything.
    GaG is contest as we'd see xper rank on profiles. So, even devs made it a contest.
    And beauty will always be a plus point, always.

I am happy that I have real friends/followers who believe on me because of my inner beauty.

• Hey, I love your inner beauty! But I'm still going to bug you for pictures. Not because I need to see if you're hot but
      1. I'm curious to no end
      2. Once I want something I'm very impatient
      3. I'd like a face to go with my friend
      😛

• I don't believe it for a second and I'll love you even if you look like quasimodo.

• @BelleGirl21 - *Courage to upload pic +70* :D

• Oh yes more popular people get more attention most certain
    yes makes me wonder why i stick around this place to be truthful

• For girls, yes. Guys, no.

The reason i say this is because guys on this site are more likely to be single and thus will be flirting with hot girls on the site- so the hot girls get a lot of popularity.

But mostly, the popular people are the ones who are on like 24/7 (not literally, but you get the just), and/or have posted several featured questions or myTakes that have grabbed a lot of peoples attention. Also, some people just randomly message eachother andake friends, them get popular because they mention eachother in a lot of questions/opinions/myTakes.

• Is it?
    Haven't really noticed that trend considering how those who show their face is the minority and the majority has a question mark for a face.
    static.gamesradar.com/.../...Vs--article_image.jpg

• I think it's more of a popularity contest than anything.

• Obviously being attractive can help get attention in public and on gag. It's only one factor and I think females usually get much more attention because of if. Males are more likely to give the attention while females are more likely to dream about who they would want attention from.

• nah i dont think so.

shheeeeess runnning outtt the doooorrr...

;)

• Don't worry half of that attention is probably them being barraged by complete strangers to send nude photos.

• I do feel that is the case sometimes when I see a question filed under the "How do I look section".

In all seriousness though, It is easier to comment on a question when the Asker isn't anonymous and therefore you are able to communicate on a more personal level, if you get what I mean.

In terms of attractiveness, people will naturally pay more attention to others they think are mentally or physically attractive.

In essence, there is truth to your statement.

• I never really noticed that. It would make sense especially in questions or conversations related to looks and certain behaviors.

• Life is a beauty contest just as much as GaG is. It's nothing new really. But you're one of the good looking GaG'ers so this works out for you lol.

• You're handsome also ^^

• i love how ghetto that is too LOL

• Yup Water Style "watermelonoma ninjutsu" LOL #Itried

• in my opinion, i feel the talkative witty ones get the most attention. Although the thirst is real on this site.

• If that's true then I'm getting my ass kicked. Relative to the amount of time I've been here, my follow count is weak like clock radio speakers.😆

• I completely disagree, considering I have never posted my face and I often get too many responses, personal messages, etc.

Hell, some of which are even from GaG moderation (love you guys, btw).

The thing is, if you're coming to this site as like a form of... Social media? Then you're using the site wrong, it's basically an advanced form of 20 questions.

Though not that advanced since most questions consist of: "Does this shy guy like me/boob question #90,000/how does one have sex with an iguana?"

• @GalaxyHotChoc @GirlsEatGirls @BarbaraP
    They'd get my vote

• I agree. If you are attractive you do get more attention on here. But some of us never post a pic so it's comical to see who is the hottest user question when it's the few that have pics getting mentioned. Most the time the mentions are not attractive. Other times people are like wow your are so attractive and it's a pic of a celebrity or something obviously not the user.

• Uh.. no...

• If it really came down to it, you could just google "really attractive person" and use that as your profile pic
    Attraction isn't universal anyways. One person may find someone attractive that someone else does not.
    Personally I think people should hearken back to the good old days when you did not show your face to people on the internet, especially over social media, because you wanted to remain safe on the internet

• Yes, and thank gawd I look beautiful and talk like a smarty pants

• Well, I mean, I am incredibly good looking. ;]
    But I'd like to think I'm appreciated more for the content of my posts than picture on my profile.

• Naaa
    I think the popular peeps on here are just more outgoing or have really interesting things to say

Heck, one of my favourite gagers didn't even use a pic till recently lol

• Well, I ain't see other god damn statues around here, so I guess I'm the prettiest... Anyway, well yes G@G it's pretty much like high-school. And contains a lot of beaty contests and fame issues

• It can be at times it seems but as many have stated some of the most popular members on here do not have a picture showing their face. I will say this there are a ton of attractive people on here.

• Yup, the 'hot people' get most of the attention.
    Some people just get MHO for like 5 words. Just because they're hot.

Then, you get someone who spends a considerable amount time writing a very informative opinion who doesn't even get a reply.
    Like, they try their hardest to help the person and don't even get a thanks.

Very well done for bringing this up @LovesTVDx

• thats not true
      @linkywinky is boobilicious and known around these neck of woods and her mho percentage is lower than mine! ;)

• You have to take into consideration the amount of opinions the person posts as well..

Some posts are just funny, and post someone funny as well..

Others are more serious. 😂

• Somewhat but probably less than, for example, normal life.

• Not a beauty contest (pretty girls are constantly messaged everywhere else I assume) but yeah popular users get much more credit, as in everything else. I rarely get messaged, if ever, and I also don't do it because I'm terrible for conversation starter. I'm also not bothered if someone has friend circles around here, I will be polite with anyone I cross. I don't give two shits tbh

• From the creeps perhaps yes... but from the serious people I think the nice people get most attention :-)

• More from Guys
    34

What Girls Said 38

• I don't know.. I don't really pay attention to people's pictures. The people I like are ones who I think give good answers, and particularly those who post frequently enough for me to remember their username.

• I find that many of the popular ones aren't the most attractive but have been here longer, come on regularly, make friends with everyone and provide good/funny opinions. Looks can help but it's superficial, people stick around and remember people more for their content I believe.
    I have people telling me they like my posts and encouraging me to post more which I appreciate more than someone commenting on my looks.

• I sometimes feel like it's a popularity contest here. But that's anywhere. I don't think you'll have any problems in that category.

• I think it has more to do with people having any picture of themselves (attractive or not) because it's easier to feel a connection to them. Also a lot of "popular" people are actually just more actively talking to other gagers.
    Of course you're gorgeous and famous on here...😉

• In a way, yeah kind of. You have guys oggling at really pretty girls on here and vice versa. Fighting for her attention and it works the other way around aswell. I think being an active user also can incorporate to that aswell. How friendly/flirtatious that person can be too. It just all plays a big factor when it comes to this, but I think appearance alone is not the only reason..

• The most attractive gagers do get more attention but I don't feel like gag is a beauty contest. I don't feel there is competition of who is more attractive.

• I never really noticed that. Some of the most popular GAG members don't even have an avatar pic of themselves.

• I think that's just with life in general, not just on GaG.

• I've noticed it. I mean yeah I get messages a lot but my Xper is still level 4. I'm not one of those girls I guess. I don't think I would like all that attention either. I would perfer someone giving me a MHO just for it actually being helpful. don't get MHOs often as it is. That's just my opinion though.

• Nahhh. People who interact with others more frequently get more attention and credit. There are plenty of people who don't have photos of themselves up who would be considered popular in my opinion

• I don't know i mean there are SO many people without real profile pictures. And I personally (for example, on the questions I ask) pay the most attention to those opinions that have the most upvotes/most people agreeing with them.
    besides how do you even know if it's a catfish or not lol

• The other day a girl commented on a guy's question I forgot what the question was and he responded to everyone's comments except hers so she started trying to talk to him on someone else comment asking why he did not respond. He said she was not attractive and because of that he had no interest in responding to what she had to say. I messaged her to make her feel better but that was really messed up.

• Yes, the one who puts hot piccies to titillate men, get insulting/name calling, with everybody and get away 100% of it and knows how to reveal certain sexual stuff to get the guys bothered here.

• Yes it is.
    If you're hot then you're more likely to gain more followers and receive more messages. Therefore, becoming more popular. Just what it is.

• Not really because beauty can be everywhere, I see lots of attractive women and men on here but I don't necessarily think any of them look better then the next.

• Don't most people on here use avatars, anyway? Whomever is getting forum followers due to appearance probably also has to fight of a bunch of creeps or creepettes off too.

• Eh, gotta get their attention from somewhere.

• I don't think GaG is a beauty contest, more so that life is... And some of those ideals are emphasized here. I don't think its that bad though.

• It think it may apply to some posts but not all. Obviously a rate me post with an attractive gag'r will get attention.. Depends on the post topic..

• I disagree.

• It kind of is, but it isn't.

The pretty girls just get a lot of attention on here

• Yes. People love validation.

• Most people I see r anon

• I disagree 100% :D

• yea, good thing I look like a god

• sometimes maybe

• Well i think a lot of girls on here try to make it that way. Whether they know they are or not. They try to find the hottest pciture of themselves to put up as their profile photo. They're just attention whores though. It kind of disgusts me

• I think the ones that tell people what they want to hear are the most popular

• I don't know, I just got here.

• I haven't really noticed. But now that you point it out I think they kinda do.

• More from Girls
    8