Why and how my Facebook account was linked to my GAG account?

I can't believe I just saw my name and my FB profile pic right under my main profile (like a banner or something). I'm so pissed I didn't took a screenshot because it's now gone. I'm not even going anon so here's my question> How did this site pull my FB info if I'm not even logged in that account and WHY? Seriosuly, I don't mind showing myself and all but I didn't want to have any association from one social media to the other, specially since this isn't even social media??

How can I contact the admins or if anyone else knows what the heck is this about?

Thank you!

Most Helpful Girl

• It's like this on many websites, not just G@G.
    If you're logged in on Facebook and the website has the ability to post to Facebook set up, you'll most likely see your account there.

There's no need to contact the Admins, there's nothing wrong with your account, your accounts aren't necessarily linked, no one here is able to see your Facebook information, etc...

If you want you can just get an ad blocker that has the option to block Facebook plugins and widgets, and you should no longer see that option to post to Facebook.

What Girls Said 10

• Maybe you clicked the link by mistake. Did you click on the blue button that gives you extra points by connecting to a social media account? Did you try to log in with your Facebook on here? If not Im sure you can go to the help or faq pages or find an admin on here to talk to.

• Noup, my browser does not remember passwords, history and I never use multiple tabs while logged into different accounts. Besides last time I used Facebook I close the explorer and all and then reopened minutes later to log into GAG.

Also, I've never pressed that button and surely never logged to Facebook from here.

I tried contacting them but still nothing. I hope I get a reply otherwise we might all been fucked equally. Unfortunately.

• Well at least no one can see on either sides. But if you don't get a response in a timely manner than find one on an answer. Some of them have an open message policy, you could give that a try.

• Oh no! That would make me so angry! I keep gag very separate from the rest of my life so I totally understand! :(

• Your email registered to your Facebook. If you used this email to register for gag, it will be automatically linked. I think.

• You can shoot @GirlsAskGuys a message or contact them at www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

• This is the problem with Facebook...

An internet site equivalent of a slut. xD

• hahahaha I hear ya XD

• Have you signed in using that Facebook link on here?

• Never in my whole life I guarantee. And exactly for what I said, I'm really pissed as it is

• I already sent them a message. And yes, indeed it is

• Add me on fb

• I'll pass. But thank you! So helpful..

• What it's okay to put your life all out there on FB but nothing here. hahahaaha

• If it's any consolation it happened to me too. I was logged onto my Fb account when replying a Take and never logged myself. Pretty creepy

• Well no consolation exactly but yeah it shouldn't log you automatically and less recognize your FB just like that, as others said it's fucking bullshit this FB thing and gag has a crappy deal with them or I don't know... just fuck that's all

• You do understand that anything you write or post on the internet is there forever and may possibly be seen by anyone right? Nobody reads the disclaimer when joining websites, they just click I agree.

• It's different. My problem lies in the fact the two completely different accounts should not be synced without consent. It may be included on FB agreement true but still, I found the problem here and, I could ask the question here. It was a glitch it seems but a shitty one as it is

What Guys Said 3

• Lol. The Facebook social plugin has you logged in, because apparently you didn't get logged out from Facebook. It is because Facebook retains your identity with cookies, and their social plugin accesses that even on other sites.

• Oh gosh here's the thing. My browser is configured does not saves cookies, pass, etc and wipes out history once I close it. I was connected on FB earlier but I close the window completely. After long time I opened up my browser again just to access gag (I never log into multiple accounts at once, excpet for 9gag maybe)

• @MaskedSanity Yes he did. He understands what was the problem and tried to get to the point with me. My initial problem still stands as it is. In this case, a glitch. Reviewing the process user fault doesn't apply. In any case...

• Alright alright I'll go there now, this woman jumped to discuss about nothing and I just can't help myself it seems...

• 1. You might have signed into GaG through Facebook. The login pop-up always offers that option.

2. The plugin you see at the bottom of every question is linked to Facebook and if you're currently logged into Facebook, you'll see your profile picture and you'll be able to make comments that will be shared on your FB feed.

GaG doesn't necessarily have your Facebook information.

This is bullshit is all I have to say.

• Repeat this process again and if done correctly, you won't be logged in when you visit GaG on a new browser session.

Either cookies aren't being completely cleared or you didn't log out.

• Thank you for getting back to me. I repeated the process and nothing happened. But still, I'm quite irritated about that glitch and it sucks I couldn't the screenshot. Too bad as I really liked it here but thanks again I know you spoke English and understood what happened and why I'm pissed. See ya

• If that's true; it's fucking appalling for GaG to be doing that sort of thing.
    I don't like the fb feature anyway, imagine being tired and on your phone, making a mistake and then your fb peeps seeing that you frequent this dump! lmao

• It is quite fucked up. My name just showed up there and I was like WTF when I pressed the banner or whatever it appeared as I was not logged. I'm sure it was a glitch but screw that seriously. I have no reason to lie for this

• I know you weren't by the way

• Cool cool, I would say contact the admins or send a message under the "contact" section. But if they don't like what you have to say, they just won't respond.