GAGers do you like this new option of only asking guys or only asking girls?

This is too much in my opinion. I like seeing both sides opinions even if one side is less relevant.

I dont one think I'll be answering any question that is only made for girls. Excluding one gender off a question is discrimination isn't it?

If it really was a question where you just want guys or girls opinion then you could ignore the other side of the answers. Maybe another opinion giver does like seeing both sides of the story.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's a really bad idea.

If they don't want to read what one gender said because... they're that close minded, that's their choice.

but what if someone else reading the question does? Should they go ask the exact same question again open to everyone?

Most of the time I see it used, it's people who don't want to see the answers from one gender, because one gender would all be telling them a truth they don't want to hear.

What Guys Said 15

• I'm not a fan. Just write "girls/guys only" on your question title if you want, and just be an adult and deal with it if someone disregards it. This is GAG, it ain't that serious.

• Negative! Ruling out a gender when you ask is a wrong statement.
    It does not correspond to the goal of GAG, to be a "caring community". If you see a question you'd like to answer since you can help the person but it's "guys only" that's frustrating.
    And frustrating people who're here to help is TOTALLY WRONG.
    So please remove that option asap... before even more long term GAG'ers run away.

• Well-intentioned, but in the end, not a good idea. I can understand why some people might want input only from the opposite sex, but if someone has valid insights regardless, I don't think they should be prevented from answering.

• i guess nobody liked that basically...

• HATE IT !! Its meaningless.

If that's OK, then when we ask questions about religion, we should be able to block non-believers and vice versa.

• BAM!!! Yesssssss! Or if we want to ask black people only then do that as well. Exactly this whole gender discrimination is not less than discriminating for religion or color or culture...

• Thank you for agreeing.

• No I don't. People just need to be adult enough to ignore the comments that they don't agree with / the answers they don't want opinions on from that sex

• I hate this trend! I feel excluded. :-/

• i think eventually it will become abused cause it's only matter of time

• Well it fits the premise of the site. Guys ask for girls opinions and would rather not have guys answer because well. It is not a question for them.

• That's discrimination though

• Um not really. If I was doing a survey on how women feel about a new shoe and the shoes are for women, why would I ask a man?

• i haven't run into that many questions that use it. I used it in one of mine so far it has worked pretty well.

• Yes! I don't need troll guys answering questions about female feelings or genitalia...

• No cause eventually everyone is going to start abusing it.

• It is imposed on us... !!

• If anything they should filter age so kids can't answer about blowjobs or all the other stuff they have no experience of. Everybody thinks it's fucking stupid, if they don't, they are fucking stupid! lol. I asked about it a while back and some of these people had some good insight...

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1388334-gender-filters-answerless-questions

• Sometimes you need to narrow it down... and keep the other gender from answering questions that you specifically want to be aimed at the other.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't really like it but, it is what it is. I just answer the questions that I can answer and not pay attention to the others.

• I don't like it, but no one listens to me anyway. ;_;

• Yes in my opinion it has to be the least liked update GAG has ever come out with. Trouble is they are bound & determined to keep it for some unknown reason. One of the GAG admins told me it was a requested update but wouldn't say how many wanted it. LOL hahaha

• It just means the asker has power in deciding who gives them an opinion.

• I don't see it as personal.

• has that really happen? I don't think everyone will make that mistake.

• I just know that sometimes I want to answer questions that aren't really meant for girls but even then my opinion is so good that I still get MHO.

• Your profile pic is hilarious!

I noticed those only girls questions are usually those I'd skip anyway... because they are from people like the one you exposed anyway xD

• "Girls please help me, I want to know if you rub your clit from left to right or from right to left"

• I just noticed you're not even allowed to comment on guys' opinions if she wants guys opinions only.

Wow, just wow. As a female, you're not just banned from giving an opinion but you're banned from disagreeing with their opinions too o_O

• Exactly!!! This whole thing is lame.

• I think that if someone wants use the feature which I will not be using then I don't even want to see a guys only opinion question on my news feed at all, they should restrict it to the specified gender can see it. .