Why do I occasionally get random girls/women messaging me saying "Hi" on here?

Like they'll say something like, "Heyyyy...:)" and just to be polite, I'll greet them back, ask how they are, and maybe engage in some casual conversation (but won't go any further than that).

Often times, these girls say "hi" and then nothing else after I say "hi" back.

Why do they do this?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• - They are men disguised as women and they are merely using you in order to:
    1. Get off.
    2. Catfish for sick entertainment reasons.
    - They are being friendly.
    - They are being flirty.
    - They want compliments.
    - They want advise.

• They are probably just flirting with you. It happens to females on here too except it escalates quickly when males flirt into "do you want to see my dick?"

Feel lucky they only say hi.

• Well as a guy, of course I would like it if women did that with me (you know, with their pussy).

• :/

I hate it and some keep on asking when I clearly am not interested.

• They might just be looking for someone to talk to. It's good that you're polite, but maybe they run out of things to ask you!

• Sounds like they're trying to flirt and failing miserably.

• Yeah, like I say "hi" back and they don't respond after that lol.

• arrested? lol ur the one thats underage. it would be her who would get in trouble if she was of age asking for a d-pic

• I've blocked plenty of guys for trying to talk dirty to me. It makes me feel so uncomfortable and dirty. Just so wrong. But it's good you can control it.

• Dang maybe they are just bad at conversations or are busy/forgot

What Guys Said 6

• I've gotten a few of those. I assume it is boredom. Most common reason I get completely random messages is because somebody's desperately seeking help with a relationship/dating problem.

• They want that D, son. That INTERNET D

• I don't know their reasons but I'm always on guard for catfishers, especially when they're a low level, don't have a profile pic, new to the site, and underage.

• Dam u lucky bast! I hot no cuties hittin' on meh like do u. Consider it ur luck >.>

• I don't even have a profile pic up, lol

• lol I am of Indian descent

• Tsk u lucky bast! If only i have the anon HAWTIE identity as well >.>

• Because everyone loves Nate!

• they are messaging you maybe