How many of you use GaG to actually help people?

And how many of you use it just to pass the time, or other reasons?

Most Helpful Guy

• I do. When I answer questions, I genuinely try to help people.

I feel i do a good balance of keeping it #100 and delivering it tactfully. Must be the #Libra in me. :-P

What Guys Said 29

• I use it to encourage liberation! Sharing information in a reasonably uncensored way is the road to liberation.

Most people are only here out of pure boredom, or obsession with the size of penises and similar stuff.

• See, I am not one of those creepy Indians, I didn't even ask any serious question about my life, I don't even redeem my xper points for gift card.
    So why I am here? Of course, to give helping hand to needy people :)

• "See, I am not one of those creepy Indians"

And the award goes too... YourFutureEx!

• Oh my god, my dreams come true. First of all I'd like to thank my mom for giving me birth and love, my dad for believing on me, the girl who passed me a smile yesterday, the whole academy and last but not least @Ihav2fart for presenting me the honour

• *Stands up and claps*

I'm soo proud of you!

• It used to be 50% help and 50% troll. Now it's 75% troll and maybe 25% help.

*sigh*

• I think most of us are just passing some time, but I also try to be geniunely helpful most of the time. I'm occasionally snarky or sarcastic if I think the question is silly, but most of the time I trry to help. I would certainly never try to mislead anyone by deliberately giving bad advice.

• The day I stop helping people is the day I stop showing up. That MHO rating on the sidebar is no accident.

• Sometimes I try to help people. I do it when I can. The thing is I'm not an expert so I don't want to give bad advice on serious issues. If someone asks a question saying they were raped or something, what can I say?

Sometimes, people shouldn't be on GaG and need to find professionals.

That said, there are a few people here who I speak to regularly and if they want help, I'll do whatever I can.

• I've given fairly significant help to a few people. I've gotten a lot from some people too. But most of the time I'm just passing the time.

• I try to... It's what I want to do for a living, but this site allows me to play around a bit too, so I do both.

• Mainly to pass time but it's always nice to think that what you're doing is helping someone, even if it's only in a small way

• I am on here to help people. I am old and have seen almost every problem you kids have faced. It's tough growing up and being a young adult. I don't have kids of my own, so you are all like my surrogate kids. I am happy to help.

• Yes, i like to help nice people who are really needing support
    it makes no difference to me but i do cater to females the most XD

• I always answer with a honest opinion. I'm that guy who is too serious though, I know it. I wouldn't say I really help people on here, I'm just one random person they don't even know so my words are not going to change their outlook in life or really give them comfort.

• Depends on the question

• i come here to help people who seem like they are asking genuine questions,
    i also only comment on questions where i know i can provide positive advice/opinions from experience..

• I only troll trolls. The rest of what I say (coming from my limited experience and more extensive observation of relationships) is meant to be genuinely helpful.

• I used to help people maybe 15% of the time, now it's probably 5% of the time.

• I try but you can't fix stupid

• I use it to help, troll (as anonymous 😜), talk to random people and friends I've made, and to pass the time.

• I ry to help where I can. It's also a good way to pass the time. This site is rather addicting.

• I do it to help othera not to suffer what I've been through.. And this is a nice question..

• on a daily basis, but also depends in the question id its trolling or genuine

• helps kill time between study sessions

• Meeeeeeeee... *jumping and raising the hand*

• I use it when I'm bored but I do try to help people on here whenever I can

• It's 50/50 I think. Gives me something to do plus I can try to help out folks if I can.

• just for the lulz...

• I do a lot

• I admit.. I don't help people.

• A mix of passing time and helping people. Most people ask stupid questions where an ounce of thought on their part would solve it. I'll mainly help on more thoughtful questions.

What Girls Said 15

• Yes, that's really my primary reason for being here, to try to help others if I can.

• I use it to help people and to also help myself. Sometimes I help myself while helping others, and see things I normally don't about myself when discussing topics with others on here. I've learned some very positive things that have helped me grow as a person. I think it's also been a bit harmful for me though, as I've learned how the world really works, and... it's a bit depressing to me honestly. I've really been questioning lately the point of life and why I've been struggling so much. In my time here, I have met a really good friend who I've really connected to and hope we'll be able to stay connected when I leave GAG.

So I use it to help others mostly, but also end up helping myself in the process. However, I probably won't be here much longer.

• I just go on here out of pure boredom but I will answer some peoples questions with actual advice and honesty sometimes.

• I mostly use it for entertainment. But if I see someone really needs help, I'll try to help them.

• I do ! I think sometimes when we are in our situations we struggle to see the similarities with what our friends might have told us about or been through before... its always easirr to hear tough advice from a stranger haha

• To both help and pass time. I enjoy giving advice and it's why I made an account here in the first place.

• I help the best way I can.

• Sometimes once in a blue moon I feel like helping but mostly it's to pass time and shoot the shit.

• all of the above.

• I do both the things equally I think.

• I try to help when I can but I'm mostly here to kill time.

• I use it to help & pass the time. Some have said my comments were helpful to them.

• I use it because it's fun and I help people when I answer questions.

• I use it to help people, if I can.

• I can multitask.