How do you feel about 'rate me' or 'post a picture of yourself' type posts?

I for one avoid them, but I do notice a lot of them going around.

I guess I think it generally distracts from what the GAG community is about for me (sharing experiences and supporting eachother with our questions about life and relationships)

What do you think?

• I think it's a great way to get an honest opinion
  • I just like them cause I like to lurk the pictures
  • I have no interest in those kind of posts. Its very shallow

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't mind them I may comment on one or two. I don't like it when they are like in their underwear. Especially if they are under 18.

They aren't serious posts they are just for fun. So you really can't judge them from the perspective of a serious post.

What Guys Said 8

• The reason they have their own topic is so people can block the topic if not interested.

They are quite different. Rate me in some form or other has always been a part of the site since quite a few people want to know how they look.

He post a pic questions to me actually help build the community. One of the things that keeps me active here is the community aspect - if everyone was anonymous all the time I'd never have kept coming back.

• Girls need to give themselves higher self-esteem. They shouldn't need to post a "How Do I look" post. They should be confident already that they have a great body. Any guy that trashed them - they need not to listen to a guy like that. But they shouldn't listen to someone who is always rosy, either. Find someone that can give CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.

• they're 4 fun basically...;-)

• Add a qualifier or direct us to something specific to rate. "How do I look?" is just fucking lame. Two thumbs down.

• I see nothing wrong with those?'s.

Everybody needs a bit of honest criticism now and again about their looks, since so many people in person are damned afraid of offending someone.

As for the "post pics of yourself doing XYZ", those are to give a more intimate feel to this website. The community feel (vs a passive forum site), is what makes GirlsAskGuys unique compared to other Q&A websites.

• Its a lie. I've been told Im like a 7/10 or people who are really nice say im a 9/10.

But I know im only a 3/10 because there are no girls interested in me pretty much. I must be ugly because im so alone and no woman even wants to do a one night stand with me.

• If you're basing your feelings of self worth on a woman's likelihood to have a one night stand with you, you're actually probably a nice guy that they don't want to hurt. It says nothing about your looks...

• Im not basing my self worth, im basing my attractiveness on the fact that no women are interested in me or have been romatnically interested in me. I've been alone for so long and I have no hope of getting a girlfriend. I am genuinely a nice person and would help and guy or girl with something without any hope of reward. my soul is empty and half dead from being rejected so much. I must be ugly because it shouldn't be this hard to find a girl when Im only looking for someone with a decent personality. Im using that to determine that I have to be ugly and that the rate me things here are significantly overinflated to be nice.

• It's a chance for me to show off my sexy statue body

• I like them, they are easy to answer and it's nice to see some pics. The problem is that most people aren't honest

What Girls Said 5

• I typically don't open the rate me ones anymore. There's always 1 or 2 people being unnecessarily rude on them and I tend to try coming to people's defense and it just never ends well. So I don't really answer them anymore.

I don't mind the "post your pic" ones tho. I've posted a few myself and I almost always answer them. I think it's fun and it makes the site a bit more personalized and a bit less robotic. I find it weird that people (not aimed at you) will openly take advice from a virtual stranger, but will pitch a fit because people post pics.

• I asked a similar question before..
    I think if someone is asking for it there's no harm in giving your opinion

• I'm not bothered by it. If I don't want to answer any of them, I just simply don't click on the questions. As for the post your picture questions... I've done some of those for fun... I see no harm in it.

• I voted A, I don't understand why you're so bothered. If gag has made a new topic for 'how do I look' posts then that means that is also about 'how do I look' posts.

It means that it is one of the points of this site. Don't follow the topic.

• I think you may have misunderstood - Im not complaining about them and I don't hate them or get irritated by them, I just am not interested in them and I wondered how others felt about them

• I for the most part avoid the rate me posts.