What is up with most helpful opinion?

Does gag automatically select your most helpful because i did not select one and it was most helpful.

Most Helpful Guy

• If, after 30 days, you haven't chosen and selected a Most Helpful opinion, one will automatically be chosen for you.
    Neither the Question Asker nor the user awarded Most Helpful will get Xper points for these automatic selections.
    It's chosen based on engagement: votes, comments, length, time, xper level, gender, among other criteria.

What Guys Said 5

• It automatically selects one after a period of time. I never select one as I like diverse opinions if they're civil and don't feel liking letting my bias determine the XP bonus.

• Yeah, if you look at my past questions, the "most helpful" opinions are generally shit. lol

• After a month, yes.

• After 30 days, the "most helpful" is automatically chosen n

• Yeah, I think the select the most upvoted

What Girls Said 7

• After around a Month or so the "Most Helpful" answer gets chosen automatically by the system.
    You do not get xper points for it and the answerer doesn't get xper points for it either.
    It is selected based on upvotes, length, xper level and other crap like that.
    So I'd suggest you to award a M/H before the systems randomly chooses it.

• If you don't select after a certain amount of time the computer will automatically select most helpful for you.

• Yes, if you don't select a MHO on your questions within 30 days, the system will pick one for you.

• They send you a message to select one in the time limit they give you. When you don't. They choose it for you

• after a certain period of time

• After 30 days

• Yes. After so many days