What is the minimum age a person should have to be to post on this website?

I know they allow any age, but I say 16-17. I often see ridiculous questions and comments coming from the 12-15 year old camp. That being said, some 12-15 year olds are mature.

• At least SEVENTEEN years old
  • Other (specify below)
  • At least THIRTEEN years old
  • At least FOURTEEN YEARS OLD
  • At least FIFTEEN years old
  • At least SIXTEEN years old
  • At least THREE HUNDRED years old
I have no issues with minors being on this site. It isn't as though I'm going to start a petition to get them kicked off. I'm just asking in a general sense. Try to separate your age from your beliefs
Seems that although people are very divided, the general concensus is thirteen years of age

Most Helpful Girl

• I only wish I had a site like this to come to when I was thirteen. All of those questions that just seem like it's the end of the world starting with the penis/vulva questions. When I was around that age I felt I had no one to talk to, and my other thirteen year old friends were useless. So I'm glad GaG is here for everyone who feel some reassurance because someone's problem can be so scary, and the younger you are as feel your life changing (and don't know if things are normal) is a terrifying place to be.

The downside of course is the childish comments, lack of experience, and the backlash of stubbornness when a thirteen year old (often times all through the teens in general) when they have things all figured out and someone like me and others in my age group tell them how it is. If they don't like it, that's fine, but it's a pain to see that I have a notification waiting from a comment, only to see some kid tell me I'm just an old woman, *probably* fat, *probably* ugly, oh yeah the list goes on of the probablies.

I also dislike the emotional parasocial connection that kids make on sites like this, forming crushes on people who happen to say the right things during their most vulnerable times. I wish kids weren't like this, but hey, I was too when I began chatting on BBSs. No matter what, I suppose this is going to happen, and likely at any age. The lonely usually get wound up in that sort of thing.

But yeah, I think 13 is fine, and I really do think it helps people of all ages and would hate to see it limited. Besides, a child is still going to join the site and lie about their age anyway just to get help. You never know who you're talking to on here. For all any of you know, I could be 13 too.

What Girls Said 17

• I want the very serious and educated opinion of a toddler, so, that's about the minimum age we should allow.

• The minimum age on ANY website, under law, is 13. I think users should be 16+ to use this site though. There's a lot of inappropriate things on here.

• I believe most people chose 13 because it's the minimum for this site, I think that's what they thought you were asking, not what their preference would be.

• The age limit on this site 13.

• True, I'm asking if people do or do not agree with that as a general rule

• Yeah, those questions do get annoying

• Very much so, yes

• I think 17 is a good enough age to be able to most on here. I do agree though that there are a lot of sexual questions on here.

• I think 13 is a good age. You know what sex is and you just start to get a little bit more interested in the grown-up world at that age.
    Also, I think @nert73 often got good opinions on things and I wouldn't like to miss those opinions.

• Yes, I was having a couple discussions with her on two different questions and she is very mature

• I don't feel attacked, I assumed you were speaking in the general sense
      As for the second question you posed, depends on the 13 year old

• Thanks! I've seen you around I like your opinions and the way you handle them.

• I think 18 cause there are a lot of sexual questions here. And 18 is a legal age in most countries

• This is the internet, everyone can put down a fake age. There's no point in making it age restricted.

• At a certain age you realize this, but I didn't a few years back when I was twelve or thirteen.

• Well som people aren't mature enough or just haven't gotten to that age. to be honest, some can understand relationships and cheating, stuff like that. and I think that bothers you cuz' you think they are too small for it and yeah! It's not good for children or in the early teens to know about it. Probably they were involved with friends who have a adult brain ( but not in a good way). For me, I think they could know about these things but just focus on their studies and make their family proud.

• I didn't say I think they are too small for it and no, it doesn't bother me. That being said, the extremely explicit sex questions- yeah, they are too young for that. Most thirteen year olds are not having sex. I think they have a right to know about relationships and stuff, but I think they ought to wait for their parents to teach them about sex. Lots of misinformation online

• I say at least 13 years old.

• Apparently that's already the age restriction. I say that is too young. I still say 17, but at least 15 or 16

• Just goes to show how much you know.
      I guess we shall agree, to disagree.

• Yup, sounds good to me
      What do you mean "just goes to show how much you know?" Are you implying that I'm wrong or ignorant about this stuff? Because I definitely am not. Kind of uncalled for, but OK

• It doesn't matter because people lie about their age on here.

• I think 13 and up is fine, its all a matter of maturity not age.

• At least 16, that actually used to be the age limit

• I think 16.. Although there are some smartass 14 year olds around

• Do you mean smartass as in sarcastic and obnoxious or smartass as in really intelligent?
      There are definitely some smart 14 year olds on here
      16 is probably a good age

• Maybe they are older and they are pretending to be younger, who knows

• You never know

• Nope, we do not allow any age. You have to be 13 or older.

• I don't see why 13 year-olds shouldn't post on here

• I think 13 is a good age. You usually get pretty interested in these kinds of questions when you're a teen

• Yes, but as the old saying goes "curiosity killed the cat"
      Although the second part is "but satisfaction brought him back"
      So maybe that actually contradicts my argument

• haha well I just think that you shouldn't set so many boundaries for people. If they want to ask questions let them :) That's what's the site is for, right?

• Yes, but perhaps they could add an age filter. Certain questions would not be able to be viewed by minors

• i say 17-18!

What Guys Said 14

• unfortunately on a site like this people can lie about thier age so it doesn't matter. You can usually tell when you have a 30 yr old that sounds like a 12 yr old.
    What is worse is allowing people to post as anonymous, when your already anonymous. Like this questions. There is absolutely no reason to post as anonymous. there is no controversial topic, there is nothing about twisted sex or anything like that. yet you still posted anonymous. I can't stand when people can't post questions as their fake selves and stand behind them. Don't use your real name and don't post your real picture and your anonymous. I do wish we could change usernames or make new accounts with a different username and transfer our stats and points.

• Maybe if you contact them they'll change the username
      I'm not sure that occurs to most 12 year olds. A lot of them may believe that lying about their age will get them in trouble with the law because they do not know any better

• In fairness 99% of the under 16 questions are non sexual in nature and I always say to an under 18 if you say anything inappropriate I will walk away from conversation. I think the onus is on the people answering the question than the kids themselves. You have to tone your answer to age of asker.

• That's true, but nothing stops a kid from lurking in the sexual behavior questions and reading them. And those can be very explicit. But I agree, the person answering the question should take age into account while doing so

• they don't allow any age, age restriction cuts off at 13.

• It does? I thought you could be on here if you're twelve or younger. That's good to know, I think twelve is too young for social media (that's just me)

• Yeah, probably think they will be arrested or something lol can't blame them, I thought that when I was younger

• same, that's why i never made a YouTube account back then hahaa.

• I find that most of the annoying or retarded questions are asked by anonymous 18-24 year olds.

• 300 is still too young :3

• None quit trying to take our freedom away

• 16+ years old.

• I picked 16 because of sexual nature of some q

• 15-16 MINIMUM

• At least 12 ...
    Its the age when we start feeling changes.
    So this site can be really helpful.

• Yes, but aren't some of the questions a bit mature for 12 year olds?

• They should be asking their parents I think

• Yupp!
      First choice should be parent.
      But not in some cases, parents are really caring.. They just want as far as possible from trouble, but sometimes running away is not a solution , u have to jump into the problem and solve it. Plus thinking of generation gap is also a factor.

• At least FIFTEEN years old

• No, I copied wrong, At least SEVENTEEN years old
      18 would be right.

• 18 seems too strict, 17 is what a lot of people say. 17 seems good to me. Maybe 15.

• IF there was an age limit, I'd agree it should be 16-17.

Still, you could just lie about your age. (I'm actually seventeen, but I chose eightteen because I'm halfway to my birthday.)

• It might as well be 2 years of age... as idiotic as some of the questions and comments are...

• I am 15 and been called mature by so many on here so I say lowest 13 or 14 because that is 8th grade and freshman in HS who might need confidence boosters or advice for relationships, how they look, and other stuff

• Yeah, a lot depends on how mature the person is. There are very immature 28 year olds and very mature 14 year olds. On average, however, the 28 year old will be more mature.
      You do seem mature for your age

• Yeah I mean not with pictures cause that is child p*rn so it would just be a description. And 13 year olds I've seen on this site so far have all been mature except 1. If a person is not mature on this site they normally get banned I think of just don't come back : /

• I think it takes a lot to be banned
      But you're right, most of the minors I've encountered on this site have been very mature for their age