How do you not feel paranoid posting your pics on GAG?

So i rarely post any pics. i just show people i talk to regularly in pms. I just get all paranoid having my picture out there. what if people start doing stuff to it or try to catfish using it or something lol?

I know i may be blowing it out of proportion, but it's rare when i feel comfortable enough to actually post a real picture of me.

I knw tons of you have your pics up.. but how do you do it without feeling paranoid? :o

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to. Then I asked myself: "What's the worst thing they can do with your picture?" I answered and then I thought "Oh. Alright then."

"what if people start doing stuff to it"
    Made me lol :p.

"try to catfish using it "
    I wouldn't care much to be honest.

• all right im using your picture to.. to... make black marks on your face in ms paint :P

• Damn it! I can't even keep up with being me, so that would be improbable! :p
      @toadette

• You can't be me 😢😭

What Girls Said 31

• 1. I don't think I've got the look to be used for someone to catfish
    2. I post the same photos I have here on my fb (boob and booty photos excluded)
    3. What people do with my photos is their own business, I ain't got time to worry 'bout that. 😝

• I felt a bit paranoid. When I first joined this site. So I didn't have a pic. Then I said fuck it cuz I like when people have pics up so I can see somewhat of who they are? I don't know how to describe it but I like to be able to put a face to a (user) name.
    So since I like it and prefer it for others, I figure I may as well do it too.

• " I like to be able to put a face to a (user) name" yeah i do agree it is nice to be able to do that.

• That's right I have. But still. You know what I mean lol

• ehh maybe someday when im in a really outstanding mood lol

• Honestly I've been doxxed and had my nudes posted and stuff. On a different website not this one. So it's a little late to be worrying about that, heh... But uh... I don't put pics on here because I don't pass as cis basically. I only show to people I trust. I think 1 person here has seen my pics.

• Honestly, I think I'm way too naive to think people will use my pictures. I believe the people here aren't that bad.

• That's why I don't post pics here. I have the irrational paranoia that someone I know will recognize me and I don't really want that lol

• At first no until some dumb person on here took my picture and pretended to be me. It pissed me off so much and scared me. I'm not even that fantastical to be like hey imma take her pic and pretend to be her. Ughh pissed me off so bad, it was back in November.

• Wow see thats the shit i get paranoid about!

• @mutedaisy Yeah I just don't want to shoe any part of me anymore. Not worth the stress I went through.

• I personally do not give a fuck solely because whose pic isn't in the internet? People who are im instagram, Facebook, and etc gets catfish too. Even strangers in the street now a days take pic of you without knowing it or heck are recording you. Technology and catfishing is big, it isn't something out of the ordinary:p

• Easy. I worry about too much shit as is with what's going on with my life, to give a damn what people do in/with theirs. If they want to jerk off to it, go ahead. If they want to throw darts at it, go ahead. If they want to use it to catfish, go ahead. It's just a picture.

• I know nobody would be stupid enough to use my pic for catfishing purposes or otherwise. I'm not hot enough for all that. :)

• I don't feel paranoid because I don't post pics of myself on here excluding my no head selfie.

• I don't know. It's weird because I'm in Spanish GaG and I post my pic there. But here, I guess I'm mostly shy 😳

• I thought people can't save my pics when I posted it. The momemt I found out cover pics can be saved it... I removed my cover pic. 😲😲😲
    I do get scared sometimes cause of the catfishes...

• I am so lost. What is catfishing? I'm getting the opinion its not going to the delicious catfish restaurant on the river lol.

• Where you use someone elses photo on forums or other websites and pretend it is you

• Okay, but what does that have to do with a catfish? Internet people come up with some weird terms haha.

• I feel paranoid sometimes. That's why I don't no longer put pics on here. If I do, its only one or two pics that I show publicly. But, I feel confortable showing certain people it.

• Hahahaha my picture would be a pathetic catfish picture. I'm not attractive enough. And... I look classy so... yeah.

• I just dont give a fuck.

• i post my ass on tumblr do why not post my face elsewhere💆

• It is ok to me. It is just the Internet. :)

• k im totally gonna catfish you, so be prepared. :P

• It is ok lol. :) now if somebody took my identity some how in my actual life... That is more of a great deal to me.

• Hence I just show my feet

• I don't really care, they're the same pics I post to facebook/instagram.

• i get so paranoid about it, but i still end up posting my pics hahahha

• i understand how you are feeling because i am thinking the same way too and wonder how people manage it. now i removed pics after putting it up for a short while.

• I don't post pics here. I used to years back

• hmm you had a previous account huh? was it around 2011? or even before that? i've been on here a long time myself

• This is my 4th account lol. I joined in April 2011 and left in 2012. Recently came back 1 month ago

• yeah this is like my 5th one or something lol i keep coming back too :p

• Because i don't care. If they use my photo to catfish then you can tell it isn't me by talking to them. I'm unusally grammatically correct. Errr... i try to be

• I feel that way. That's why I took my picture down.

• I too wanna know that.. I'm probably more paranoid than you xD

• put up a photo whatever you think you are that's all. some people are whore and some people are bitch that's all. if you think that you are insect then put up a photo of insect. that's all.

• Let's just be real here, ain't nobody gonaa want to use my profile picture to catfish someone! cx

• Exactly! I don't have anywhere online to post pictures of myself and I'm going to keep it that way. I hate selfies, anyway. I hate the word selfie. 😑

• Like most people said, I really don't care.

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 28

• Well its like this Toad - If you fall for a 46 yo bald catfish, there was no hope for you in first place.

• " try to catfish using it " I hear ya, but since I'm not that great looking, that ain't gone happen. They usually chose the super-model/hunk type of guys anyway, right? LOL i1127.photobucket.com/.../...om-add-text%201_2.gif

• Posting a picture of yourself isn't that bad. It's telling others where you are from that people shouldn't be doing. Unfortunately, I've been guilty of doing so, but it was not until recently that I really thought about it and realized how bad it actually can be to give out that kind of information out.. Who knows how far those creeps out there will go. I mean for all we know, they're stalking some of us already o. O (I doubt that)
    The ladies should be the ones to fear the most because there are a lot of horny guys out there who are pretty desperate.

• I never show my picture to anyone. I've only ever told my real first name to one other person here (in case it was missed, I say on my profile page that "K. Haskins" is actually the name of a character in a book I'm writing).

I don't doubt my girlfriend could figure out who I am from reading my posts on here, as our situation is somewhat unique, but I'm careful never to post information which could lead to either of us being specifically identified, and I respect her enough not to reveal information she's shared in confidence.

• I'm not an attractive young woman.

So...
    Not too worried

• I doubt anyone would use my picture for cat fishing and even so it would be the least of my concerns.

People post more private stuff on their FB and other social media, including associating all their family members, posting pics of where they live and even tag themselves on GPS map every time they go out eating or something. Besides that, social media utilizes information of their users to evaluate tendencies/marketing strategies/demand etc etc for business purposes.

Posting pics of yourself is just not enough for identity theft or even blackmail someone in an extreme situation. You should be worried if you access p*rn sites and pay for that kind of shit for example, or if you like visiting the deep web for illegal stuff (including drugs). Messing with that is quite dangerous.

• I'm not allowed to take pictures because of a pending legal case

• But seriously, this ain't Facebook or Instagram or Twitter. I'm not here to share photos.

• Gimme dat purdy face

• @linkywinky
      You saw it long ago! Then GaG took it down because the question was "nonsense." There's another photo floating around of my with my hat down if you look hard enough.

• mehh.. they can use my pic if they want lol.

• No not at all if they steel them then they steel them, It would not be the first time many haters online out there

• So what you're really saying is... you are made of steel? awesome!

• I have been on so many web site and have had so many haters fake me to get me pissed I am used to it already

• Nope, I have nothing to fear. I have left a trail of breadcrumbs to my social Media. I'm not bothered if people find me on Facebook, Instagram.
    They'll soon go when they see my pictures on there. xD

Some people feel comfortable, others do not. Depends on the individual.

• I wouldn't be bothered if I found your fb & instagram either ;)

lmao cx

• I look nothing like the pictures on there. xD Well, Instagram I do. I only have like 60 followers though.
      I don't really upload pictures to Facebook. Because my friends always comment things on them. xD
      Nothing mean, just banter.

• NOT A SINGLE FOOK IST GIVEN

• yeah maybe i just need that mentality lol... need to give less 'fooks'!

• I am not putting a nude pictures of myself, and I do not put a lot of personal pics, just pics that give you an idea of what I look like. nothing too close or too bright and if you have a Facebook you have pics on there. And pedophiles are not after fit 20 year old men.

• Cause bro, I got two of my shirts as the profile and cover pic. They're not of me, they're shirts. Never posted my own pic here at all

• Don't bother me In the slightest.
    I just honestly like knowing someone is looking at my pic/s thinking "that guy just called me a cunt"
    hah adds a touch of personal fun to it

• Basically i don't give a shit, if some 50 year old weirdo mastrubates over a picture of me, well then that's his problems not mine.

at least then i know i have fans

• I did put my pic on here for a while but I removed it just incase someone in real life (however unlikely) was on here and looked at my profile. They'd know a lot of kind of personal information about me. I don't really care about catfishing. I'm not good enough looking for anyone to want to catfish my picture anyway.

• Well I know I have the view (albeit probably stupid one) of what I don't know won't hurt me, if someone uses my hansome face for a catfish then it doesn't affect me, if some pedophile is whacking off to this picture then it doesn't affect me, see what I'm saying?

• what if a pedophile is pretending to be you?

• Hmm good point, well I'm no 10/10 so it's unlikely anybody would use me whenever there are so many other more attractive pepole out there ( Like modeling pictures, athletes, etc) I'm to average looking to be used a catfish, see what I'm saying

• Not good enough looking to be used for catfishing and I generally don't care about anything.

• Because who cares who sees it

• I don't get paranoid because why would a catfish use such a horrible picture of me when they can use ones of good looking models to trick people into being interested? xD

• I'm paranoid too man :/
    I've posted my face on here like twice but I starting to care less

• Because I'm sexy. It'd be selfish not to share with the world. I'm really just thinking about the ladies. I'm a selfless person lol

• Because I don't really care what people think lol.

• I used to but I don't care anymore. Had a bad pic, too dark and blurry so I took it down. I don't care about paranoia. I don't look funny or hot so I won't become infamous or used to catfish.

• 0|1
  • Cause I don't get stalked and black mailed by women lol

• 1) Im so ugly my account would be deleted because of graphical content

• What the hells cat fishing? I'm an old cunt

• That's legal? I knew I wasn't paranoid hating photos. I don't do facebook or anything. Prefer talking face to face with my mates

• That's annoying me now. Too many bell ends in the world