Come on guys... really; G@G isn't proving itself... am I rite?

I have noticed here on gag that most of the gager are more intrested in giving opinions about themselves than helping the people who actually need opinions!

I have seen this "Who on gag would make the cutest of couple?" question like 20 times in past three months. And especially this question gets at least 30 opinions. I am not saying that this question is useless or something I am just saying that it just doesn't help anyone! As far as i know G@g is about helping people out rite?

here is one more example;i know this isn't eligible but even in troll questions they get at least 10 opinions.

All i am saying is that we are loosing user because of our self-centered mindset. We are always there to answer something about us and rarely there when we need to solve someone's problem.

so guys am i rite?

you have a point... i get all of you!
and especially @littlesally 's opinion might be the future lol

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• it is useless tho lol. like i dont get the whole coupling obsession either. or who's the best looking, or who's the most popular... high school all over again.

anyway, i totally c ur point, but the majority of questions here still lie in helping other people understand things better. i think it's a valid claim but stretched a little too far. hopefully it never becomes as u say.

• Haha Obviously...
    It's sad, but also, I believe, in the future, this site is going to turn into an online dating site for sure!
    For sure.

Like there aren't enough of those, right?
    o. O

• yeah , i know what you mean, but there's nothing really for us to do, people have their own choices on how to ask or answer questions and some just might end up being silly or repeated :)

• Most people are hear to amuse themselves not help others, only few take initiative, I know it defeats the purpose but what can I say, they just don't feel like doing it and we can force no one to do what we see as right.

• thats true you got a point there... :(a

• Hahaha, that's why I like to be a silent spectator. If you take part in the games you might get sucked into it, besides these people keep me clearly amused and lighten up my mood, all the high school drama keeps me away from television. Other then that what can I say, if you take anything seriously around here then "Aap kudh hi k per pr kulhadi mar rahe ho."

• i guess so lol

• Excessive hilarious trolling is mainly what keeps this amusing

• i am not saying trolling is not to be done (i am not suggesting either lol) but amusement is way less important than people waiting to get a genuine opinion... i hope you understand wht i am saying!

• They used to ban those questions.

What Guys Said 11

• Your observations are correct. Sociology and Psychology would be great topics for you to study. None of this behavior is really surprising once you "get" how humans interact as a whole within the scope of a given society.

GaG is an advice website, but most people don't register to give free advice. They registered to ask a question, or they wanted social validation by posting pictures of themselves and interacting with others. It's a selfish motive that brings us together, as it is in most areas of life.

• can't we change? if gager can at least understand the importance of this site!
      and most of the people who register to ask questions, they never get any good opinions!

and social validation shows that they are insecure and when asked they say they are confident!

and even if they want to interact why can't they run facebook and twitter!

most of the gagers are really misusing this site

• i have nothing left to say... to change others you gotta change yourself.. i guess that wht i am gonna do

• You can't expect to change others, but you're right, the best thing you can do is lead by example.

• I agree. I will put this thing in front of admins later.
    These questions aren't legit at all. In fact, they are not even questions so how could this site allow such things.

This is not advice that Mr. X and Ms. Y could become a very good couple.

Even questions like 'ask me anything' are banned but not these. This is somewhat stupid because at least asker is following the legacy of q/a but these selfie contests, couple making, tagging favourite gagers are just popularity and (fake) fame drama.

I'm very impressed with your question.

• thanks but really i am not annoyed with these of types questions, but i am annoyed by the people who ask genuine questions and don't get even a single opinion!

• The selfie questions and all of those other so-called useless questions MAKE ME feel like I'm talking to actual humans when I'm using this site.

I like helping people with their problems WHEN POSSIBLE, but most of these people just ask shit that I can't help them with. But I'm sure you've seen me try o help____ as best as I can with their problems LOL

• @mistninja314 - really appreciate your answer.

• Inbetween the penis questions , racist rants , asking how to lose 70lbs in 2 days and turkey baits.
    We do get some good questions here and there.

• You are right it has definitely moved away from the site's literal name to a social media site like facebook but not quite as far as far as a dating site also the politisation of the site white pride/feminazis with questions designed to give patforms for rants rather than discussion. Then p*rn sex questions, how do I look take away more from the genuine questions. Then what you have for breakfast question for xper points. I would say we are only at about 25% genuine questions at this stage.

• Questions that are easy to answer get more answers.

I think most people here do try to give advice in questions they think they can help on but that's not what keeps people on here all day. Without the social elements to the site that actual number of people posting would drop significantly.

The reason people aren't answering some challenging question isn't because they're busy posting s selfie here. There are hundreds of thigs they're doing on the Internet and real life. The 'dumb' threads are just one of them. It's just the only on you're seeing.

• I'd also point out that most questions are more legit. The thing is any legit question only s small percentage of users has an opinion on. Different users focus on different things. By contrast 'post a selfie' is relevant to every heavy user here.

It's a bit like the Olympics. The event with the most athletes is the closing ceremonies that doesn't mean it's considered the most important or that it's distracting from the rest.

• I'm not sure about others but I've given way more advoce by PM as well.

• You're right. Start answering serious questions and make a difference!

• I absolutely agree

• Yup every man for himself as in Royal rumble... !!!

• You are wrong!
    And this time I am only helping you. ;)

• prove me!

• If I say that I m not like that.. Than again you will say again that I m proving myself... by the way its really a nice ques bcz one time I asked a ques I got three and kindaa saying...
      "When u figure it out let me kno" lol.

• Yes.

(filler)

• And I care because