HEY GaG'ers! Do you ever?

Do you ever like to upvote opinions with a lot of downvotes? I sometimes do. Not if its offensive of course, but if it mentions a user or something, i'll be like "Why all the negativity?" And i upvote. I dont know. It just popped into my head. Anybody else?

0|0
7|5

Most Helpful Guy

• I generally dislike the voting system. Hooray for neutrality!

0|0
    0|0
    • Fair. I usually like it though.

• Show All
    • Oh. Well that makes me crazy. :(

(Mumbles to himself all crazy like)

• We're all crazy. :)

What Girls Said 7

• Yes quite a lot. I have even given the MHO to someone because other users have been rude or abusive to them on their opinion thread.

0|1
    0|0
    • DARE TO BE DIFFERENT!! keep spreading kindness!

• But isn't that a blatant misuse of the system? MHO as a tool of political defiance versus am affirming reward?

• Not really, because i have no time for people who bully others. The reason i gave one young girl MHO was because i no longer valued the opinions of the others who answered, due to their behaviour towards her on her own opinion thread.

• Yup I did that sometimes too , same thoughts as you

1|1
    0|0
  • Alll the time !

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes I upvote people for no reason. Even though I disagree with them. >_>

0|0
    0|0
  • yes i often do it too

0|0
    0|0
  • no, I only upvote if I like an opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm, maybe I should do that :)

0|0
    0|0
    • Don't let me influence you! I just dislike the negative attention I see people getting.

What Guys Said 4

• yeah
    a friend on here always gets shit loads of downvotes as soon as her name is mentioned or she mentions someone
    so i just upvote em ^_^
    nobody needs to feel like that

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah, that's how I feel. There's a lot of hate towards some users and I think its sad. Its generally a nice community, and I see no need for all the negativity.

• Show All
    • not really
      seen as a person with a neutral view states as such is downvoted and thusly "disagreed" with (as the context of the downvote would imply)
      simply because of who they are, which is wrong... that person shouldn't be made to feel like their opinion is worth less than anyone elses, simply because of who they are.
      im not stating if they posted a horrible thing or even something i disagree with, i would upvote, but if i ever downvote someone, i always leave a response as to why :3
      @Despondency

• Interesting... On so many levels.

• Sometimes I do if they where wrongly downvoted like over posting their favorite color, if they got downvoted for posting something stupid than I don't even bother with the opinion.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah, certain names gather lots of downvotes no matter what they post. Odd.

• only if i agreed with what was said

0|1
    0|0
    • I agree. :-P wouldn't be logical to thumb up stuff you're opposed to.

• nope dont see a need to

0|0
    0|0