Do you always respond to everyone that comments on your questions?

I just thought about this randomly. I always try to respond to everyone. It bugs me a little bit when I comment on people's questions and they never respond. I think it's a good way to start conversation and to get to know others. I've become friendly with a lot of people that way.

So what about you guys?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 36

• I try to because of similar reasons, but sometimes comments are just comments and they don't need to be responded to.

So the answer is no. But if someone plays the part of a dead fish, I'm going to stop tossing rose pedals on their parade. At some point a non-responder is just being a total dick and has no place in my life.

• If you don't want to respond to comments, why sign on to an advice site? I totally agree with you on this!

• I always respond back to questions and comments and to inbox replies. I like talking. I don't take it personal when people don't respond back. I know people are busy and their are other reasons people may not reply back.

• No I do not. I don't think that is needed. I certainly do not expect it unless there is something specific they want to say about what I wrote. Esp If the comment is basically the same as many of the others. If there is something I want to say to everyone that commented I will put an update at the top. Otherwise I just reply to those that I want to specifically reply to.

• I've responded 99% of the opinions I received on my questions because I have nothing better to do.

#Challenge : don't respond to this opinion.

• I'm not gonna lie lol I used to/sometimes force comments on opinions just to get it back in the feed :D lol but I'm trying not to do it as much because I feel like I'm annoying some people.
    Sometimes I force updates too
    One time I got one answer on a question I asked so I posted this update: "When you post a question thinking you'll get many responses but you end up only getting one..."
    And you know what? Another person answered... one lmao

• That's very courteous of you, which is something I admire in a person. I don't ask a lot of questions, but when I do I try to respond to as many answers as I can. Like you say, you never know where that will lead. Happy Easter!

• no because that needs lots of time 2 do especially on questions wth many opinins basicaly

• Virtually all of them, yes. If anything, it keeps the question appearing in the live feed and attracts other people.

• I try to, but I rarely ask questions.. rarely have drunken poker nights to debate things anymore soo yeah...

• Only if they have a bigger penis than me... which is everyone (I'm rocking a one incher) so yuupp, I try to answer most of them.

• I try... but a lot of the responses are the same, so I may only provide feedback to one if it covers the same response.

• I do it all of the time SINCE it can = more publicity for my question overall

• You definitely do lol. But you hardly every answer my questions. I agree tho.

• Bruhhh, you're good for having a 159 comment conversation on somebody's post! Lmao but you can't even be mad bc they're always funny as shit.

• @chocolateismylover Big sis CHAr has spoken "Bruhhh, you're good for having a 159 comment conversation on somebody's post! Lmao but you can't even be mad bc they're always funny as shit." HEHEHE HAHAHA LOLOL

• I sometimes don't respond, when I don't know what to say.

• i try to, but sometimes if ya have a popular question and get like 40 notifications at once... kinda hard

but i try :3

• I try to as much as I can.

• Not always... I respond to some people, but not to every answer. :-P

• If I can help it yes I do try to get everyone.

• I do, unless the convo seems overwith. I like discussing anything though, I'm kind of a nerd in that way.

• Most of the time and that's how I've gotten to know others as well. But sometimes I can think of nothing to say.

• If the comment is three words I don't respond. Most of the time I do. Unless it's gonna causr an argument. G@G drama is not good drama.

• not really. some i don't like, don't give a fuck about, and others i know just say stuff to rile me up... it's ho it works lol.

• nope but I at least put a thumbs up to at least acknowledge that I saw it. I want a thumbs up or response for when I answer questions to at least show some thanks

• Normally, yes.
    If people leave useful, I discuss with them.
    If they troll, or even offense, I curse a lot.

• Sure, as long as I have something to say at the moment. Sometimes nothing comes to mind but then I go back and re-read a reply and suddenly I have something to say.

• Most of the time. Then again, I rarely ask questions anymore.

• 90% of the time yes I do. I only don't when I got my answer and no need to be elaborated further.

• Yeah, because it's a conversation

• No. If it doesn't warrant a response, then why would I?

• I try to but I can't think of things to say sometimes so I just leave it

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 40

• sometimes it takes me a few days because I don't have the time to go through all them, like right now I have 63 notifications and some questions I haven't looked at for a little bit, I ALWAYS try to comment on everyone's opinions on my question, that way they KNOW I read and value their opinions. I think it's very important that people know they are being listened to, whether we agree or not doesn't matter, the fact remains that they took the time to answer my question, I can take the time to acknowledge I read theirs.

• For the most part, yes. I will try to respond cuz it's rude to me to ignore others. Sometimes though, I don't know what to say so I'll just upvote them. Or if it's someone being really stupid, maybe not.
    But if people actually took the time to make a decent comment, I will try to respond to them.

• Yes I do! If someone has the time and effort to read my question and comment, they deserve a response.. It's like "thanks for commenting you get a response" lol

But sometimes you get so much comments and you're like -___- omg so much comments to get through!

• I try to! Especially if it has to do with replying to people I'm already friends with. Sometimes I read comments when I'm in the middle of doing something else and I'll totally forget to reply, though. Or sometimes I just don't have the brain energy to think up a significant enough reply.

• I usually do, yes.

• Yeah, I pretty much always respond to every coment that people leave me. The only times I don't is when there really isn't nothing to say and they just left a comment that was strictly directed towards your opinion.

• Yes I always try to say something to everyone! Always. But, sometimes my eyes become tired after responding to like 100 or so people (I may accidentally miss one or two unintentionally) and 90% of them respond... and then I have on going conversation for days on end on GAG.

• Yes I always do too. I mean I asked questions and when people answered, it's nice to give some responses.

• yes sure i do

• Nope... xoxox

• it is compulsive behaviour with me. i HAVE to respond, especially if they have taken the pains to help us out

• I respond to the one that grabs my attention. I don't have time to respond to all of them unless my question revolves around a problem I'm having, then I'll try to get as many perspective as possible thus I'll respond to all of them.

I read all of my comments anyways. Plus i don't owe anyone anything. they are getting their xper point afterall, and a thumbs up if their comment aren't dumb :) (i do forget to thumbs up sometimes)

• Oh well yeah, of course you don't owe anyone anything lol. I guess that's just the way I am.

• @asker i mean it's good out of respect to show that you acknowledge their comment. But sometimes there's time you feel like a comment is good standing on its own, for example

Question: Who like chocolate?
      Reply: I like chocolate
      Me trying to respond: ... (no room for convo though u can start one but why waste it?) lol

• Lol oh I definitely get it. Sometimes the comment doesn't warrant a response.

• Oh yes, I always try to. It's a good way to get to know people better and I want them to know that I value their time and opinions.

• I usually try to answer everyone on my questions. :)
    The only times I don't answer is if I simply forget to or if the person was rude and just trying to start a fight or something.

• I'm the same way as you, although I sometimes get opinions that I don't really know how to respond to and some that I think are better left alone.

• If I ask something I follow up if I have on topic questions to ask. I don't use questions for making friends with all the Opinion Owners. That's kind of weird if you ask me. =/

• Everybody always wants to act like it's so uncool to make a friend on here lol. That's not what I meant. Thanks anyway tho.

• It's not "uncool", it just impractical.
      This site is not designed as a social network so it's not convenient to use it as one.
      Not to mention that building a reputation on a site where my anonymity allows me to say anything I like and things I truly mean would be detrimental.

• I've said it before, I'll say it again. It's almost impossible NOT to make friends on a site where you're interacting with the same people everyday. To each his/her own tho. Everybody's not the same. I get it.

• Depends on the comments and on my mood. Sometimes I just want answers and no discussions.

Besides, I'm past my "wanting to know other GAGers" phase lol

• If it was a super lame or insensitive answer, I think it's nicer of me to ignore it. If it's funny or resonates, sometimes the poster and I get a good convo going.

• I usually try to. But if the comment is so obvious, clear, there is nothing to say.

• Eh. Sometimes people have good arguements so I don't respond because I know I will just sound stupid. xD

• I try to, but sometimes it just gets to be too much unless that persons response is actually worth respond in to.

• Not always. Sometimes I feel that there's no need to respond.

• I try to, but if it gets like 60 or so opinions I just lose energy lol.

• I usually try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment. Unless they're being mean and totally negative then I just ignore them.

• Most times I give it a good effort. hahaha

• Nope, most of the time I don't do it.

• Lol I actually have never asked a single question since I have been here ha but I probably should start anyway if and when I do I would try to respond to everyone:)

• Almost always

• No I don't. I don't have something to say to everyone.

• I always respond, I like to give people a notice that I've read their opinion.

• More from Girls
    10