Would anybody else like GaG to create a "Religion" category in which to post such questions?

Seriously, do we really want to see the same "Why don't you believe what I believe?" questions repeated on our feeds just because we subscribe to the "Other" category?

• Yes, please give them a category all to themselves!!!
  • No, I love being bombarded by mind-numbingly repetitive arguments between the same dozen people!
  • My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Most Helpful Girl

• There used to be a section called "Religion and Politics", but then they got rid of it in the update for some reason. Would be great because then I could block all those questions at once.

What Girls Said 5

• No. I can tell you right now it will just be a mess. Most religious topics get out of hand as it is and I don't even want to know how bad it will be if it gets a entire category of its own. It's just another way of encouraging lots of trolls to sign up and start ranting on it when they see it's available.

Also, I think the focus of this website is more on relationships. Whether it's dating, family, friends... I really don't see how "religion" fits in with the concept of this website and that's why it likely doesn't have a category.

• It doesn't really fit with relationships, yet a quick glance at my feed shows two or three religion questions on it at any given time. Yes, I could unsubscribe to "Other," but then I'd miss out on all the enlightening conversations about cornbread.

• Yes, I do think there should be a Religion category.

• I think it would be a very good idea.

• Yes, it could encourage healthy discussions about religion instead of people just hating on each other.

• No because the Other is like MISC so it shouldn't matter.

• True, but the questions come up so often it seems like they should have earned a designated place by now.

What Guys Said 6

• There was one when GAG switched over to this new layout.

Trust me, it's not a good idea. There are too many incredibly narrow-minded and judgmental people here to have civil public discussions about matters relating to religious belief.

I've seen too many posts along the lines of "Religious people are illogical idiots", "Give up on those stupid outdated fairy tales already", "It's the 21st Century! Read Dawkins and Maher and get with the program!", etc. By the same token, I've seen too many posts from religious people who are not well-formed enough in their faith to defend it charitably AND reasonably. However (and I'm just being honest here), I've seen a lot more of the former. Maybe it's just a small and vocal minority and I'm just blowing it out of proportion, but a "Religion" section would just be a lightning rod for trouble.

I've tried to be respectful of everyone here, but it's such a sensitive topic that most people don't know how to effectively communicate about it. Either that or they choose not to. GAG is better off with a simple "Other" section where such questions can be lost in the shuffle.

• The thing is, I still see those posts all the time. If it were a separate category it could be removed from one's feed. That's what I'm getting at.

• Nope, "Other" is supposed to be broad because GaG is about relationship questions

I am partially to blame for feeding the frenzy of "Other" questions and loading GaG with nonsense.

I am a terrible person.

• I like the Other and GaG areas because that is where you get all the non relationship, non sex, non how I look questions which are the ones that interest me. So its handy to have all the questions I like in one place.

• Yep

So I can block all the hate questions

• That would be my most favorite section to read.
    It's like when a sane person visits asylum.