Why do some many GAGers have to write a book when asking questions?

I don't want to read a novel to answer a question. Do you?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't want to and I don't. I just skip the damned huge question.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know but it's annoying as fuck, 90 percent of the time I don't even read em

What Girls Said 7

• I don't know, why do so many GAGers have to be lazy readers and can't be bothered to read the question and it's details? Clearly they have time to spare or they wouldn't be on here, so why not just take the time to read it? See, that question go both ways.

But, to answer your question it's probably because in order to help someone properly you need details and without them your just making educated guesses. Some question details just are longer then others and that can't be helped.

• Most of the time I skip questions with long details. When I'm not feeling lazy I put in effort on reading the whole thing and try to help.

• For the same reason some write a whole paragraph to say they have green eyes.

• I guess it's to explain the situation, sometimes details can totally change the answer

• Haha, kinda true

• If their writing is interesting then I don't mind. Otherwise, I just skip the question.

• I mostly just skip the question.

• If I don't get the gist in 100 words or so, then I move on.

• Yeah that's pretty much my rule of thumb too.

• Nope., but some questions require back ground explanation.

What Guys Said 7

• Details should be added so that we can have a clear view on the situation presented for our answers. I don't have any problems with big questions.

• Because they feel that is the best way to ask a particular question. I'd rather read something with too much info, than not enough and have to ask questions, before answering.

• I will click on a question and if its a novel I won't read it and I won't answer it. If they would use correct spacing and use more than one paragraph it would help so much and they would get more opinions.

• Well some of us are trying to become famous authors. Is there a problem officer?

• Here's a possible solution for you: When you see a question that is too long for your taste just refresh your feed and go on to another question. Problem solved.

• Yes - Question looks interesting - Go in and its 10 pages long - Meh, can't be bothered.

• i agree. i just read the title