Guys, would you go for a girl like this?

would you go for a girl like this? or is it to much? i'm this girl and i'm wondering because i think its way to much for someone to like. So would you like and go for a girl who:
- can play 4 instruments
- is very good in art (i got awards for some & some are in a local art academy)
- is very good in science
- is good at writing (i wrote a book & it is being published locally soon)
- can play lots of sports
- is pursuing a PhD in Marine Biology
- has been a dancer for over a decade (i started when i was two)

so would you go for a girl like this or do you agree with me and think it is to much?

• i would like and go for her
    48% (50)
  • i would be interested
    30% (31)
  • its way to much
    3% (3)
  • eh, she's okay
    2% (2)
  • i think its cool but no
    6% (6)
  • other (comment)
    11% (12)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll
i'm asking this because people have asked about me before and i told them these things and they said i'm going to be to much to handle. Which now thinking about it i think it is true

73

Most Helpful Guy

• Really would depend on meeting her - All her achievements will mean nothing in the sense of a possible relationship if you don't like her personality on the otherhand if you like her and feel a connection with her you will probably become proud of her achievements. Anyway in my world I believe everyone is equal and nobody better than anybody else. I believed everyone should be lauded for their own particular talents.
    (BTW I hope my point came across that I admire your achievements sometimes I lose a bit of meaning in my thought process)

What Guys Said 72

• I've dated four highly accomplished women and no, that in itself wouldn't bother me.

What tends to come along with that though, is a grossly unbalanced relationship dynamic in which the guy might be fourth or fifth in her life, but she expects to be number one in his, even playing the "We get so little chance to be together" card when she's available for once and he has things come up in his life.

The other thing is that interacting with guys from the foundation that you're "too much" for them is a turn off. Nobody wants to date someone who is full of themselves, not leastwise over things that don't even represent your ability to be a good romantic partner. It's a counterproductive line of thought that is self-fulfilling: if you behave like you're too much for them, most guys won't stay very long, then you can go around telling people that guys won't date you because you're too much for them.

• It all depends on her personality. She could be great at all that stuff and be a total jerk. So I would have to get to know her first. But certainly a resume like that doesn't hurt.

• Those things don't really matter to me. I dazed out for a moment.
    https://youtu.be/ss2hULhXf04

• What it comes down to is, you can do anything you want, but if we only get a brief time period together because you are busy all the time, or too tired because you have too much going on, then no.

• I would certainly be interested but would wonder what her personality is like. I would also wonder if we would even have time to spend together. Sounds like a very impressive girl but also quite busy.
    What is her typical personality like?

• Instruments.. thats great... I know a lot of people that usually can play multiple instruments. When you can play one its not hard to learn others

Art, well... Art is a gift so thats nice... However when you say locally, meaning your local small town or a big city? If its a small town... well :/

A book... locally? Your only 20 when did you write this book... at 16?

Science is fun and pursing a PHD in marine Biology is fun... But if you live in a small town, which I have a feeling you do, Competition is low... but not bad. But you still have a looooong way for a PHD if your 20

Dancer since 2 hummmm

What makes me wonder about you is that you 'seem' to have all these talents but never excelled or choose to excel in any of them to your maximum. Doesn't give me a very cozy feeling because if I'm with you, you seem to want to put one foot through every door but never actually walking through completely

• That's all well and good... but how's the rack? Kidding. Only a little bit.

But seriously, it can be a lot to handle for a lot of guys because that's a lot of accomplishments (though I'm skeptical about how someone can be going for a PhD when they aren't even of age to have completed an honours degree). All of those accomplishment would certainly be intimidating.

• Too much to handle? No way.

Now if you tried to sit me down have a chat about these things... You would bore me to death.

But simply having a lot on your plate doesn't make you "tough to handle", only guys who would feel that way are the ones who see you as somehow above them for taking on all of those things.

• It's not too much, it's not really that important at all. You need only have an agreeable disposition, that's all. All your skills and accomplishments don't have much affect on my attraction.

Furthermore, making a point of mentioning all this stuff would make me think you're stuck-up.

• You're awesome, why wouldn't somebody not like that? I mean, it's all positive.
    You're a total catch, that's for sure.

• Yeah totally. You already know what you want in life and have goals. That's an attractive quality for me. Whether or not you have time for me that would be my concern. I don't want only see you when your preforming at a concert, or a dance or play. I would like to spend time with you. That would be my concern I guess.

• The phd thing might be too much for men too handle. I am currently working on my master's and have a bachelor's degree and I can tell you if you had a phd I would not date you. I can play instruments too. Why does that matter? Good in science but the real question is are you good in bed? Can play lots of sports, this would be attractive. I and my girlfriend playing basketball together sounds like a great way to connect. Good in art? I don't see why this would matter to a man. I would then turn my attention to your personality whether or not you are shallow or a gold digger. So all of those qualifications are cool but not needed so my answer is, no.

• I voted A for sure, only an idiot would not be attracted to some of your many lovely qualities and activities. I have always been attracted to anyone that can sing, has a British/Australian accent, and talented at that. No offence or anything, but this does kinda seem like bragging? Then again, many people would kill to have the talents you have (myself included).

• If she's not Christian No I would not

• None of that tells me anything about her personality. She could do all those things and be a complete bitch for all I know.

• Marry me?
    i will treat you like a queen lol!
    take care of you and the whole 9 lol!

seriously though yeah, nothing is sexier than a woman with passions and that has drive and does her own thing

• Sure, I like sporty girls.

• I could deal just fine with your many accomplishments. You sound like a very interesting person.

• Some guys can be intimidated by your acheivements and high personal standards, or they can be challenged and rise to the occasion. Your life is yours and there is someone who can match you, or compliment you in your life's journey. Don't consider yourself incompatible for anyone else already... be proud of your accomplishments.
    Also, you forgot to say that you're gorgeous :-)

• The only thing that impress me is that you wrote a book lol. Everything else most girls I dated have dip into it here and there and it normal and nothing out of the ordinary.

• I really don't care to be honest its cool and all I'll only go for her if she has a cool personality and I was attracted to her

• You seem like the really artsy type. I think its cool and a lot of guys are into that. But its just not my thing.

• those are great goals and accomplishments, many people dont have that many achievements! I would like that.

• You have a passions, that's something awesome.
    You are a lot to handle, so what?
    Be proud of yourself, you're not any girl.
    Stand straight girl! ;)

• Those are all interesting and admirable things, but tell me nothing about whether I'd enjoy spending time with you.

• A gal like that definitely has a lot going for her. Just on that alone, I'd have to say "it depends if our personalities match up or not."

• I'm not trying to be mean, but you make it seem that you're just looking for attention. Many guys would kill for an actual smart woman with great goals in life, and it's common sense that many guys would go for a girl like you.

• many people i have told and met say it is normal or its to different compared to other girls

• Responding to the update, you're not intimidating. Whether someone is more successful than me or not in a relationship, I will always tend to pull my own wait or help out.

• right none of that matters to romantic relationship.

• I'm not at all intimidated. But none of that actually impresses me either.

• Yes, I would!!! I don't know about being too much to handle, but I sure think you would be very fun to hang out with and date!!!

• Sounds good as long as she hasn't been a ho.

• More from Guys
    42