Why don't we have GAGExpertChat anymore?

We used to have GAGExpertChat every Monday for one hour (2 if expert is in happy mood). Why don't we have them anymore?

• Experts are pretty busy these days or on holidays.
  • These things were stupid so GAG is thinking for something better.
  • They still have it.
  • Other / I don't know / I'm jealous of YourFutureEx because he's eating grapes.

Most Helpful Girl

• They all joined and seemed to give an introduction like they would be very into the community and helpful.
    However, after a few chats or getting recognition they have all seem to fade away.

I'm guessing they don't get paid enough for that 'is !

Most Helpful Guy

• i thought it was a huge waste of time on their part. If it wasn't for the free xper they gave, even fewer people would have bothered with it. Generally, i dont care much for the "expert" stuff, though i did like a recent take that interviewed one of them

• Any better suggestions?

• they never did stuff like that with normal users as long as I've been around here.

• thanks for mho!

What Girls Said 9

• I think they realised no-one was interested. Only like 5 people would get involved on Twitter in their discussions and they often spoke about things people weren't interested in or people already knew the answer to. GaG could invest their time in something better, I think.

• Yeah I suggested them to invest them in something better. They said they are interested but are very confused about how to implement it.

• What did you suggest?

• To choose a question of the month from each topic and award them experts' advice.
      They replied that they liked the idea but they don't know on what basis and how to select question of the month.

• I like grapes

• I think they got laid off. Budget cuts?

• Yeah I thought about it too, just didn't include this on poll for site's reputation.

• Did anyone actually participate in those expert chats?

• They were stupid and I want some grapes! (If they're red)

• I don't know it was really interesting though

• I don't think most users were interested.

• I have never participated in it and never payed attention to it either.
    What's it like? Is it fun?

What Guys Said 10

• They weren't really that impressive. There are users here who don't have the "expert" badge who are much more capable of giving great advice than the supposed "experts"

• I voted B) because I didn't like the system they were using for the chats. That, and it was in times when I was asleep, but I can't blame them for that, haha.

• Me too. I couldn't chat because of this reason too. Do you have any better alternative idea?

• Do you think you commented on right place?

• ... I think so

• @rthomas43 always challenged their "expert" status and scared them away!

I DEMAND GAG CHATS ON MONDAYS WITH THE BEARD

@Ihav2fart start up Project RThomasX again. Shit's gettin' heavy

• I'm right here

• I don't know maybe its more of a seasonal thing I'll be your expert if you want lol

• Sorry, new here, never heard about it.

• It was boring... :-'"

• I don't think there was enough interest.

• sex makes me angry

• Haven't noticed if they've stopped or not, but they were useless anyway. Bunch of PC nonsense, combined with a QA format that's no good for having a chat with an "expert."

• Yes I agree with you completely :)

What do you mean by PC btw?

• Politically correct. I find most relationship/dating "experts" give very white-washed advice so they don't offend people. Sometimes, someone needs to hear that the reason they are having relationship issues is because they're a bitch/dick. You don't have to say it exactly like that, but they won't even imply the person needs to work on themselves.

• Wow great. Thanks for your opinion :-)