Why is this site so English centric?

I typed in an answer in French and got most helpful it was just one sentence: "J'aime manger des pates" for a question @_zara_ had and it got taken down for "grammar". I assume because it was not in English . I can understand wanting questions only in English but absolutely everything in English? This is getting annoying.

According meson fields as long as I provide a translation I'm fine so that's probably what I will do from now on.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you specify an English translation, then it won't be against the rules, you know.

• What does that mean exactly

• @barbarap you were lucky then, because it can be reported for "Grammar", as it is not in English .

Jobb félni mint megijedni (Better safe than sorry), really. :p

• I see, thanks for the info :)

What Girls Said 8

• If I spot any greeks asking questions I answer in greek. I don't see something wrong with that.

• What? Why? I really don't have a problem with it, as long as it's not paragraphs of writing and it doesn't take much effort to translate it.

• THIS IS MURICA. SPEAK ENGLISH!

If haters report you because they were unable to read it. It will get taken down :/ sorry.

Who got new MHO in her question?

• The requirement is too much. There's some threads based around foreign languages.

• I'll let those points go in vain!

• so you are thirty year old 'murkan lady? are you hot ;P?

• That has never happend to me when I post french opinons, maybe you got more attention since you were mho

• Same with me

• It says on the faq to only write in English my comments that were written in kana were also taken down because they werent in English

• But why is that a rule? I know it is one but don't agree with it.

• Because it's in English , there are other versions of this site in other languages.

• French and Chinese?

• Ask the site to make one, as of right now there is English , Spanish and Turkish.

• There is antother version of this. For example turkish :D

What Guys Said 9

• GAG is a global community who communicate in a single language. Think of it like this, Let's say I am from France and I start posting all my content in French, and you are from China and start posting in Chinese... We will never get along.. Posts on GAG are expected to be in English . It is outlined in the FAQ.
    We have sister sites in other languages; Spanish, Turkish, and Portuguese for now. We are rapidly moving into other languages, and French will be available soon.
    GAG community has been globally expanding fast recently, and there has been an increasing amount of non-English posts lately. So, thanks for bringing this up and for giving us a chance to address this issue.

• Thank you for your relieving response. I just like exercising my ability to use different langauges, If I can do that somewhere on this site I'd be hapy that's all...

• i once the most beautiful thing in italian for a rate question...
    they removed it!!!
    the girl listed her country as "Italy" if she was asking a question why not respond in her native language?

I totally am right there with you bro!

• haha yeah...

• I never saw that before I wrote a couple of things in irish and had no trouble posting them. I presume it is English centric because as far I can see most members are americans. Must remember to translate my irish in future.

• English is the universal language of commerce and communication, It is an efficient combination of literal German and the nuance of french. Uses far fewer words than Spanish,

• You can always leave

• The site name is in English , for starters...

I know for a fact there is a Spanish and turkish version. I'm also sure there are various langauge versions of GaG

• Because this site is located in the United States and English is our language.

• There are other languages in the U. S. besides English .

• @hypno-trip It's the official language and the most widely used in the country.

• The U. s. actually has no official language, you might want to check on that...

• you signed up... why complain?

• 0|0