When do you choose to be Anonymous?

I've been going on this site for a while, and I've only felt like making myself anonymous a few times and only did it once (now twice) for comic effect. When have you chosen to be "Anonymous"? You can include more than one instance. Go!

Most Helpful Guy

• When I ask a weird question, or when I know what I'm going to say is going to piss a lot of people off, I don't want to get blocked so I go anonymous

What Girls Said 7

• I don't really understand it unless it's to ask a question that's very sensitive or something... Otherwise I just come out and say what I have to say - I don't care who likes/hates me for it.

• When I have friends on this website and don't want them to know what I ask or do.

• Whenever I feel like it!

• I always choose to be "Anonymous" simply because I don't think it matters who I am. I am here to give advice and on the rare occasion to share my opinion (like right now).

I'm not on here to make friends or enemies, so it's convenient to be nothing more than an age range. I've seen people have "mini feuds" on here. I guess it's normal, whenever people interact, there's like or dislike between them. I want my advice to be read objectively, and not based on some idea that someone might have formed of me based on my past responses. I also am not interested in someone following me around to be weird. When I joined here several years ago, I rarely posted anonymously and what do you know, some random girl started following me around and commenting rather rudely on everything I wrote. I blocked her and figured that's not what I need, so I am now Anonymous. It's much more convenient for me. Like I say, I don't think it matters who we are, what we look like, what nickname we choose, etc. People will always have prejudices, posting anonymously can take some of that away.

• But for most questions I see it as a good thing that opinions are coming from individuals citing personal values and experiences so you have more diversity and usually more insight. But I see how it would give you more authority in a way, and for certain questions. That's an interesting idea.

• because... reasons...

• I always go anon for no reason. I just like it.

• I go anonymous most of the time cause I feel more at ease.

What Guys Said 2

• I promised myself never to go anon - I would never say anything here that I wouldn't say to a person's face in real life.

• people only do it to troll.. lol