Am I the only one getting annoyed with these desperate and dumb questions?

"girls, if i text a girl saying hi and she responds with hey, what does that mean?"
These are the kind of questions that annoy me SO much, like people want to believe their crush likes them so bad, that they're starting to take everything as an indication of interst.
IF A GIRL YOU LIKE, OR ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER LOOKS/SMILES/LOOKS AWAY AT YOU IT doesn't MEAN SHIT! Hell i stare at guys i dont give two flying shits about. I smile at everyone and if someone texts me "hi" i respond with "hey" because it's normal.
Anyone else feel this way?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 11

• Personally I think getting upset at some random questions on the internet that aren't even offensive in their own right is sillier than the questions themselves.

People who post questions like that on a site like this are most likely very young, inexperienced, and/or starved for human affection. Instead of irritation, some compassion could be in order.

• Questions will come and go some will be dumb or some will be good you understand it's the Internet this site is not the only one
    where dumb questions are being asked and some of them
    are young people and some are trolls looking for attention.

• Yeah you have to pick the questions you like... or do like me: follow people who ask good questions and than pick the questions from your "my feed". You only see those from your followers, if you don't follow subjects (which I don't).

• Yeah, I feel you. But tbh I've been through this too, but I don't go around and ask people shit like that, I never did, and never will. If she doesn't like me, fuck her, I'm done move on, easy as that, no need to take "Hey" as "OMG I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I JUST WANT TO B WITH U 4 EVAH"

• basically i'm reall sick of "boobs vs ass" questions

what's yer opinion bout them?

• Lol yup though I'm not SICK of em more like tired of them, but for some reason they don't annoy me

• Then don't answer them

• Believe me i don't, but it even annoys me just to see them in my feed

• woah woah!! too hard... i am thinking this deep... i read your question thrice... still didn't get it... XD... sorry!

• this has become more and more redundant.

• You are definitely not the only one.

• yes so much

• No I think it's fine. Of course, they can be annoying, but I don't really care.

What Girls Said 8

• Yeah, I can understand why so many people dislike those types of questions. However, I don't see the point in really complaining about them. If I don't like a question, I just keep scrolling and don't read it.

Not everyone is the same, there are lot of confused people out there when it comes to dating and relationships which is why this site exists, so they can ask their questions and get advice. You may think their questions are stupid but obviously it's legitimate to them or they wouldn't be on here asking about it. I try to give advice when I can, even on the relationship questions that (to me) seem very obvious, it may not be obvious to the person asking the question. I just try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

• "Yeah, I can understand why so many people dislike those types of questions. However, I don't see the point in really complaining about them. If I don't like a question, I just keep scrolling and don't read it. "

See the thing is though...90% of the questions are idiotic.

• @xhoneyxbeex I dont read them... it just clogs up the feed is what i am saying.

• @Noboddy Okay, well there's nothing that can be done about that. The site feed is created by what users are posting on so if a lot of users are posting on a particular question, that's what will be more prevalent in the feed.

• You will get used to it. :p

• No, I don't feel the same way lollll You can't control what people ask but you can always leave if it's that bothersome.

• Will admit that those questions are annoying

• Did someone really ask that? Honestly for me it's when people ask the same question repeatedly. Like when someone asks a question that literally someone else just asked. For those texting questions I feel like those are from the under 18 peeps (no offense). I'll admit, I've asked questions about staring and shit but that was only because it was reflected off of weird behavior.

• What annoys me more is when people (usually girls) ask if there's a point in pursuing a guy who is obviously not interested in them, but they don't even want to hear the blatant and brutal truth. Then they try to convince you why you're wrong and why this guy is the one for them. I stopped answering questions where I get the vibe that the person doesn't actually want advice, but just wants to have their fantasy confirmed :D

• People need to stop being cry babies and just go ask what they want to know from their crush or bf or gf. We are not mind readers. How the hell are we suppose to know what people are thinking? I get annoyed too. The height and penis size questions are the worst!

• I agree. Its usually from guys who get rejected often and try to find hope in it