Was this helpful? Why is there not a no button?

We see this with every question, but there isn't an option for no. I would like to answer no to certain questions. Why is there not a no button?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't understand why there's even a "Was this helpful?" button in the first place. An answer to a question can be helpful, but how is the question helpful (or not)?

• True story, but if your going to ask if it was helpful, I should have the ability to say no. Just do away with it entirely

• thanks for MHO !

What Guys Said 5

• Probably the same reason the "Dislike" button is missing from Facebook! Nobody is allowed to express any sort of negative feedback!!

• Never use it myself suppose it is this modern culture's fascination with the need for validation that is behind the button.

• I think you are right, but even so, why would there not be a no to go with it. And do they not get enough validation from this site. That is 80% what all these questions are for, even not counting the "how do I look" category

• They wouldn't ask the question if they wouldn't get the validation they wanted and GaG wouldn't like that hence no "No" button.

• HAHAhaa, GAG doesn't want us to be rude. GAG is educating us on being decorous and impeccably mannered.

• Answering no does not make one rude. It just says that the question was not helpful to that particular person

• I guess they only wanna count the Yes votes.

• I feel like I'm being set up. I refuse to click "yes" to "no".

What Girls Said 4

• I asked the same when it was first updated. Never got an answer from GAG. Near as I can figure GAG admin don't want any one butt hurt if they get a no.

• we like to keep things posi here on girlsaskguys ;)

• If only that were the truth. People use the anon cover to be nasty and negative all the time

• Kudos to you. I value an opinion even if it isn't what I want to hear, but I don't value hiding

• I think anonymous users are honourable, and brave.

• I've succeeded in ignoring the button so far.

• I haven't pushed it, but have wanted a no button to push that a couple times

• the button of NO is appearing to me , why not you?