How do I delete a question on here?

I want to know how to delete a question on here because my brother hacked my account to post one that was super embarrassing! Help!

Most Helpful Guy

• 5|2
    • That's not helpful, but it's still pretty funny XD

• Haha thanks.

Unfortunately you can't delete your own questions. You can, however, go back in time and make them anonymous, and you can "disavow" them as well.

Disavowing means that you no longer get notifications from that question, as well as making it permanently Anonymous.

What Guys Said 8

• No. Once you have submitted a question, take, opinion, or comment, you cannot edit or delete it.
    They do not remove posts per user request. If it doesn't violate any site rules, they won't remove it. Please carefully consider what you post before clicking Submit so as to avoid 'post regret'.

However, you can update your question using the Update link on your question page.
    You can change it to or from anonymous by checking or unchecking the Anonymous box from the post.
    You can also Disavow the question, which makes the question Anonymous and you'll no longer receive notifications.
    To Disavow, hover your mouse over the broken link symbol next to the question title on your question list page and click Yes.
    Please remember, you cannot reclaim the question after it's been disavowed.

• You can't delete a question after you post it. Only the mods can delete questions.

Only way to get it removed would be to have multiple people flag it. Link the question and I will flag it as offensive.

• If that doesn't work post an offensive picture or something.

• Thanks, but I'd rather not risk getting into trouble on here.

• Technically the Mods can only hide questions, and the Admins then decide if it will be removed or not.

They only remove posts that violate the rules - just because someone flags it doesn't necessarily mean it will be taken down.

That said, the Disavow feature should work well enough for this situation.

• You can't only the admins can delete questions and they only remove questions if they feel it violates site rules.

• I guess there are 2 possibilities; first many people must report it... Second admins must find it unsuitable for here and then delete... I don't think any other possibility

• I think you can't delete it by yourself

• You can't, don't know why

• You can remove your name from it though making your thread or question anonymous.

• Go into Questions under your username and click "disavow"

What Girls Said 6

• There is no way to delete a question. But you can click disavow... Your question will turn anonymous and you won't receive any further notifications for it.

• You can not delete a question on Gag.

• Detach from it.
    It will go anonymous and u won't ever see it again most likey

• Someone didn't read the rules, lmao.

• I don't think you can.

• You can't. Which I find is fucking stupid.-.
    I don't see why we can't or at least why they can't when we contact them about it. I have a question that has pictures in it of other people and I don't want those pictures up anymore. I tried to message them about it but they never contacted me back. Like ugh!