(Question for old users) How was the MHO system back then?

I found an old blog of GirlsAskGuys on top 5 users with greatest MHO %

^ if you click on above link, you'd find that the no. 1 user have just 16.64 MHO%
But nowadays an average user has around 12-15 MHO% while insanely helpful people have 20+ and they are so many.
Furthermore, all of these users have now 20+ too

So, does the system changed? Why was it so hard back then?

Most Helpful Girl

• It was called "best answer" then.
    10 points was given to the person who received it. The person who chose it, got no xper points for doing so.
    Best answer did not have to be chosen, giving them was optional (a lot of people did not pick a best answer for their questions).
    They felt no need to (so best answers, we're a rarity)- you felt even more honored when getting them because people hardly ever used that system.
    Best answer could also be changed. (You could choose someone, then moments later you could change it to someone else).
    So, receiving a best answer didn't mean you'd keep it.
    ------

The new system is better because it enables users to pick a best answer. It sends a message prompt when not chosen. Both users benefit from best answer which makes people more likely to choose one for their questions.

Most Helpful Guy

• Calculation method was different... It used to be (MHO count)/(Opinions Posted)
    now it is (MHO count)/(Opinions posted for a question that has MHO selected)

• Oh I got it now.
      One more question, sir.
      If I post my opinion on a question which has already a MHO selected, will it affect my MHO% ?

What Girls Said 8

• I think one of the differences is that previously, you had to select MHO. If you didn't, the question would never have a MHO selected. MHO wasn't chosen for many questions.

Now, you can select it, but if you don't, it gets selected for you.

• That can be.
      But do you think it makes that much difference? Look at yours, you have almost double from the first.

Couple of months ago @Stacyzee explained someone that it was different system but I don't remember.

It was different from what you described.

Thanks.

• I think the MHO system was new, people didn't really understand its purpose, they didn't see the point and MHO's weren't randomly assigned after a certain time. I would say about 88% of questions didn't assign MHO's and the answer you chose could be changed at any time and given to someone else. It was tricky to get MHO's back then and it was quite a nice, rare reward to get one, haha!

Choosing an MHO is encouraged/promoted now with messages from GaG, big writing on answers "MOST HELPFUL" etc whereas it wasn't before. The new system does make it easier to get them now I think. Plus, those with 50-60% have usually answered few questions so obviously, the percentage will shoot up.

• It used to be called Best Answer, and back then if you chose a best answer and then you decided you didn't want them to have Best Answer, then you can change it to another person to have best answer of that question. Thats the only thing I've noticed.

• Seeing all the comments from the longer users I feel like a newbie or a little kid when I used to see highschool students and thinking they are so cool, old, and experienced in life.

• It was best answer back in the day and you could also go back and change it out

• Wooow i can't believe some people have been. here for a long time

• You could have changed it :(

• I miss toban.

• Sad to hear that.

• I miss him too.

• i miss toban too

What Guys Said 5

• Because back then you didn't have to choose a best answer so a lot of questions didn't have an answer selected.. enough to make me post an questions telling others to "fix" their questions lol

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q935856-go-select-your-best-answers

I think I posted this back in like 2013

• welll, you weren't forced to give a best answer before, which i always thought was a problem. You really should give a best answer if more than one person posted... or it makes the best answer system kinda pointless. You also never got points for giving best answer, and i think you get points for it now

• shit i have only 8%... dammit

so am

• All they do is buggy you to select a most helpful. People with high scores are just people that try to form friendships with other users, they don't have to say anything useful. Same old same old. I'd argue the higher the percentage they have, the less helpful they actually are.

• No but why they have so less back then.

• The user I pointed out I have never had interaction with. I will give credit where it's due.

• You just interacted with her 45 minutes ago. You're a fucking liar. Congratulations...

• Back in the day, GaG was only for steers and queers like me!