Are you more likely to read a myTake, in its entirety, if it's shorter?

• Yes
  • Sometimes
  • No, I prefer to read long ones.
  • I rarely read myTakes in their entirety anyway, no matter what length. I usually skim over myTakes
  • Shorter ones usually aren't of good quality/in a lot of depth
  • I hate reading long ones. Keep them short and sweet!
  • I never read myTakes.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some Takes are so interesting that I'm fine reading a long one. However I think it's good for a person to be able to get their point across in the shortest way possible. If there's not a need for a long speech to get the point of something then keep it short.

What Guys Said 11

• It is obvious as a lot of people are here to earn Xper points only so it'd halt their earning rate. I wrote a long myTake and was criticized for it.

Let me copy/paste some opinions :-
    "Its so long" ; "I gave up after 3rd paragraph." ; "I wanna read it tho, is it worth it" ; "delete this" ; "Good take and by the way I... They need some sort of mental empowerment too but the take is already long enough as it is! Lol" ; "You should make 2 takes" etc.

On some negative opinions I replied that "I bet you didn't read it" and then they admitted it and don't want either.

People would start making assumptions about the content and your efforts will be wasted and become worthless as the people who would be interested in that are the ones who already are supporting you. The readers whom you target or want to send message would get pissed off by just title or introduction but if you keep it short then possibly they would read it.

However, it doesn't mean that long myTakes don't get much readers. If the content is solid and eloquently written, it'll be acclaimed. But you should always try to make it as short as possible.

Good luck stella :)

• Yes because they are more to the point

• If they are interesting or in some way pertains to my life the length really is irrelevant.

• I only read them if I'm ineterested in the topic.

• I haven't got around to reading My Takes but if I click on a question that interests me and if its more than a couple lines long I will switch off straight away.

• Reading some spotty tabloid writing by some know nothing that thinks they've got it all figured out isn't high on my list to do...

• Most of the time yes, but that's true of questions on here as well.

• To be honest with you the only myTake I read was written by @cl_517... It was very short though

• Yeah of course but it won't get promoted if it was short lol.

• I'm more likely to read them wholly if they're good. Almost none of them are.

• Sometimes. Depends on the topic. X).

What Girls Said 9

• No, I'm actually more likely to read long ones and lose interest if it's short and starts out with generic things I've already heard of over and over before.

I voted E.

• It's not only about the quantity, but it's more likely a balance between quantity and how interesting it is. I don't like to read that much, but I can read something long if it is interesting.

• It depends on the subject to be honest.

• I rarely read myTakes, anyway, but I probably would read it if it weren't very long. Sometimes I look around and see if there's something that interests me and if there is, I usually just skim through it and read some opinions.

• I judge the book by it's cover. If I think the topic is worth a read then I would do so and if not then I would skip, doesn't matter if it's long or short.

• I read short ones, unless a long one is really interesting.

• Yes, I am the typical lazy girl. Unless the topic is something I'm really interested in.

• I only read if the headline catches my attention.

• yep yep. same with questions.