How much does anonymity play into your answers, trolls, or questions on GAG?

Would you act the same if you were not anonymous on this site. And simply having an image on your page does not mean you are not acting in anonymity... anyone can get a stock photo.

Would you speak the same? Act the same? Troll the same? Or would you be totally different without anonimity?

• I act different when I have anonymity
  • I act the same either way

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 12

What Guys Said 9

• I've never posted an opinion or a question as an anonymous person. To each their own, but for me, if I'm afraid to share who I am and where I've been, then I don't see how I could be of legitimate help to someone else, since it's hard to take someone hiding behind an anonymous name very seriously.

I also have no desire to troll or even get involved in discussions with trolls, as it's not why I'm here. But, I suppose if I accidentally hit the Anonymous button, I'd still be me.

• But you are still anonymous without that feature... correct?

• I thought so. Hmmm... Maybe not. I thought by signing in with FB it would allow people access to it. I'll have to check it. If it's the case where it doesn't, then shit... I guess you're right. :-)

• You know what, you're right. I went to my profile, and while I'm connected via Facebook and Google+ I don't see a link to those pages, which I assumed there was one. Shows you how much I know.

However, I also may have misinterpreted your question. I thought you were asking if people respond differently when they choose the anonymous feature, rather than use their standard profile. I think I understand you meant if you had your full name (mine is billy jackson) address, phone number and shoe size.

Can't do anything about people with fake pictures, but I can put my real one up. Not much else I can do beyond that.

• 99.99% of my post are posted by the name YourFutureEx, the rest are just used for beta testing of human psychology and are 100% harmless.

• I act the same way though I rarely go anonymous, but when I do I act the same way sadly most people don't they become more brave all of a sudden lol.

• Iv'e trolled in anon before, sure. I'm more likely to troll in anon, I guess? But I troll in non anon, and joke around too.

• I don't post anonymously anymore.

I found out that admins are able to see through the anonymity, so I gave that stuff up. Totally turned me off to it.

• There's no difference between "anon" and regular posting with me.

• This site is anonomous except to the site owners.

• I'm the same sarcastic smart ass I am in real life. Being online doesn't change a damn thing for me

• The only time I go anonymous is when I go to battle against fat acceptance advocates