What is the point of a Follow Request?

I am hoping to keep my page private, but wondered if I allow followers will they then see my posting history? Also how come I can't ignore a follow request without blocking someone? Someone is continuously requesting a follow and I ignore (I haven't been accepting low Xper levels as I don't trust they aren't secondary accounts). I would hope that an ignore would have an option like, "Don't allow this person to request again" or something.

Can someone please tell me what sort of benefit a follower gets, and what exactly that means to me, the followee?

Most Helpful Girl

• If your profile is private and you accept a follow request, the user still cannot see the information on your profile. Users can only see your profile if YOU are following them. When someone is following you, it just means that your activity (questions, opinions, etc.) will show up in their MyFeed. Your profile will still appear private to them though unless you choose to follow them back.

What Guys Said 5

• What a follower get is notification of your posting an opinion. My only reason for following others is to see what they have to say without going to look for it. I suspect that those who follow me do so for the same reason.

These are the audiences that I serve on GaG:
    - the asker
    - regular GaGers
    - anonymous lurkers
    - anyone coming in after the fact using a search engine to find a specific answer to a specific question
    - finally, my followers who have chosen themselves because they like what I have to say.

• No point, except to amass enough followers to start a cult.

I follow you and all I can see is your profile pic and the background pic. Everything else is private.

• The only thing that makes your profile not private to someone is if you follow them. If someone wants to follow you, let them, it makes that number of followers bigger and gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling.

• Have access to ur private infos and able to send u deek pix 😘

• Excellent question. I think that you get an extra spring in your step. I'm pretty sure that's it

What Girls Said 3

• I don't know.

• oh, whoops! I attempted to follow you because I like your opinions. I didn't know you don't want followers..

• Nah this wasn't about you or followers, I just didn't know what they could see in my profile. :)

• None that I have found.